Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Any tint places who use 1 sheet for rear window in NW Chicago burbs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 12:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any tint places who use 1 sheet for rear window in NW Chicago burbs?

A lot of people have been saying that most places have to use two sheets to cover the large rear window but I know that there are places that can do it in one. Anyone have any recommendations or places to avoid in the north west suburbs of Chicago? Hoping for somewhere that provides a warranty and does a nice job with the dot matrix.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Staging Lane

I know z tech in naperville does a really nice job and has a lifetime guarantee.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:11 AM
On The Tree

check out Umbra Window Tinting on Wise Rd in Schaumburg, they warranty their work and are very professional
Old 04-11-2011, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

tint doctor in libertyville, IL uses the good tint, no fading/purple or green fade, warrantied for life from bubbles/peeling
Old 04-11-2011, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Late last year I had some guys come to my house and tint 3 of my cars. 1 piece rear $125 includes tint and it's a great job.that was for all if the windows
Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by weaklt1
Late last year I had some guys come to my house and tint 3 of my cars. 1 piece rear $125 includes tint and it's a great job.that was for all if the windows
Was that done by the guy/shop known as "tint to you"?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 AM
11 Second Club

Also curious as to the guy that came to you. As mine is bubbling and hard to see through. It needs replaced bad.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by redctsv
I know z tech in naperville does a really nice job and has a lifetime guarantee.
ive had a few cars tinted by them and it was good. however they charge out the *** for the rear window so i usually take it to someone else. also they wont tint darker then the law permits.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Update for the guy that comes to you?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A meber on MFBA used to work at the Ziebart in Franklin Park on Manheim Rd.. He did my Toyota and Trans Am.. They use good tint, and the guy did I would say 95% of all the cars from MFBA....

I had an issue on the Trans Am and they took care of it for me no questions asked

and yes they use 1 piece for the back window
Old 04-14-2011, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
A meber on MFBA used to work at the Ziebart in Franklin Park on Manheim Rd.. He did my Toyota and Trans Am.. They use good tint, and the guy did I would say 95% of all the cars from MFBA....

I had an issue on the Trans Am and they took care of it for me no questions asked

There is a zeibart right by me, do you remember what it ran for the tint?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boost21
There is a zeibart right by me, do you remember what it ran for the tint?
I think when I got my windows tinted in 2006 it was like $150 for all 3 windows
Old 04-14-2011, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

ok guys,luckily i found their card. email addy is limotinting@aol.com, phone # is 773-655-5133. They came to me and did an awesome job,they will redo it if you're not happy. the tint is good and you can choose what % you want. My 2 4th gens were $125 each and my 5th gen was only $100. They use one piece for the rear.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Do they use Vinyl over the dot matrix or tint over it?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

I had my Buick Regal tinted by him and he did a phenominal job. I couldn't be more happy. I've had it on my car for over 3 years and they look like the day he put them on. Even with my german shepherd attacking them and drooling all over they still look brand new. Also I think the rear window is one piece cause I cannot find any lines, anywhere.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Riggs brothers Naperville or St Charles. Both do great work. had my daily driver done at ziebart in Franklin park. Also did goo job. Rigs brothers job looks better though.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bryceslu
Do they use Vinyl over the dot matrix or tint over it?
Originally Posted by ThirdgenTa
I had my Buick Regal tinted by him and he did a phenominal job. I couldn't be more happy. I've had it on my car for over 3 years and they look like the day he put them on. Even with my german shepherd attacking them and drooling all over they still look brand new. Also I think the rear window is one piece cause I cannot find any lines, anywhere.
I used to be the service manager there and when I left my step brother known as Chased on the forums took over, but since left. They do great work and carry a lifetime warranty. Jim is still the store manager and Neal is still doing the tint which are friends of ours.

The store is located in Franklin Park.

3020 Mannheim Rd ( near Grand Ave. )
Franklin Park, IL 60131
(847) 455-2900

I have also had a few cars done at Mid America in Schaumburg and been very happy with their work.
http://www.mid-americaglasstinting.com/
Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Larry @ AMS
I used to be the service manager there and when I left my step brother known as Chased on the forums took over, but since left. They do great work and carry a lifetime warranty. Jim is still the store manager and Neal is still doing the tint which are friends of ours.

The store is located in Franklin Park.

3020 Mannheim Rd ( near Grand Ave. )
Franklin Park, IL 60131
(847) 455-2900

I have also had a few cars done at Mid America in Schaumburg and been very happy with their work.
http://www.mid-americaglasstinting.com/
Just talked to Jim a couple days ago and he said they wont do Vinyl over the dot matrix and they have 26%/15%/5%.

Said it would be $179 for side and hatch windows and extra $125 for removing the tint thats already on there.

Quick Reply: Any tint places who use 1 sheet for rear window in NW Chicago burbs?