Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Mike Norris Motorsports & Raymonds Performance Merger

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Mike Norris Motorsports & Raymonds Performance Merger

Hey All,

Just wanted to let folks know about some changes coming up at the first of the year which have already begun happening. I will be moving my shop to the Plainfield area near the Indianapolis International Airport and the new shop will be Raymond's Performance Powered By Norris Motorsports.

Raymond's Performance is owned by Bruce and Cathy Raymond and have been around for the past 10-15 years. It is a general repair and alignment shop, but Bruce has a lot of suspension experience for road course and auto cross cars as he has raced SCCA for several years. We have built a few cars together including or OUSCI competition 2010 SC'd SS Camaro. There was an extra 3000 SF building on his property and after a few talks it seemed to be just a good idea to move the two businesses together.

So what does this mean? In the end better service for my customers as I will have some help to do the actual mechanical work. Bruce's nephew Eric is a great young tech (27 years old) who can do just about anything without having an ego about it. He does what he is told, asks questions when need be and just gets the job done. This should also lead to shorter wait times to get into the shop as well as shorter times to get projects done.

There will also be other people answering the land lines, but I would say a lot of folks will still need to talk to me directly. This should be a bit easier also.

I will still be traveling for trade shows, events and tuning, but now during these times the shop will be open.

You will still be able to contact me at the same 407-616-2518 number that I have had forever as well as through the new shops land lines. My website and e-mail will still stay active for now until we get the website revamped.

The new address will be:

Raymond's Performance
3828 Clarks Creek Road
Plainfield, IN 46168

The dyno is still at my current location in NE Indy, but should be on the move by next Tuesday, Dec 11th. Hopefully it will be back up and running the week of Dec 17th.

There will be more updates as things move along. Thanks for reading and talk to y'all soon.

Mike Norris
Old 12-04-2012, 07:16 AM
11 Second Club

Congrats mike.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a perfect fit...Mike & Bruce are the best! Congratulations to you both
Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That's what I get for waiting so long to call you... Your current shop is exactly 2 miles from my house, and your new shop is obviously going to be much further away.

Good luck with the new location and joint business operations.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks for the kind words everyone, it will all work out quite well for sure.

As I always say as far as location goes, I can not be close to everyone and changes will come around from time to time. To be honest it seems that about 25% or so of my total work is local from Marion County and just outside of the 465 loop. The rest of my work comes from well outside the area and out of state.

No matter where you live, I hope to see y'all at the new location. There will be open house announcements as springs gets closer. We were going to do one during this weeks IMIS trade show, but not enough time to set it up.

Thanks again.

Mike Norris
Old 12-14-2012, 06:37 AM
FormerVendor

Just wanted to let everyone know that the chassis dyno got moved in yesterday and we are pretty much full on operational at the new location now. Still a few small things to take care of, but good to go. I try to update my Facebook page daily so folks can follow what is going on - Mike Norris Motorsports

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-N...37451412986081
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratz Mike and you are way closer to me now!! You should do an open house shop toir id love to come check it out!!
Old 12-17-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just around the corner from me!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:01 AM
FormerVendor

Just seen this Mike, congrats! You and Bruces bunch should make a good crew.
Now I can send customers for tuning and suspension work to the same place

Thanks
Chris

Quick Reply: Mike Norris Motorsports & Raymonds Performance Merger