Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

HEy guys need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEy guys need some help.

Hey, I live in indianapolis and I'm looking for a shop that has AutoTAP, EFILive or HPTuners , or something like this. I got these names from another gentleman. My camaro isnt running right !

Here was my original post:

Okay, I guess this is a long shot but here goes. I have a 2000 Camaro . It has 44000 miles on it. THe check egine light came on about a month ago, took it to auto zone and had the diagnostic check done and it said it was running lean. So filled it with Premium V-Power and a cleaner and ran it on the highway, the light still owuldnt go off. Well went to Cincinnati about hour away and it was just getting worse, when i finally ended my trip the car wouldnt even start back up, went back out there later and it started but when i would get going it seemed like it would take forever to get going. Well got back home and replaced the fuel filter, still no change. Well two days ago i was driving on the highway and it wouoldnt go past 50, i could hold the accelerator and the engine was making noise like it wanted to go, but the poor car just wouldnt, it almost sounded as if i had a really lopud muffler but that it was struggling to go. So i stopped at a light and started going and it wouldnt go more than 30. I dont get it? I dont no much about cars but I mean it only has 44000 miles on it and it runs and sounds perfect accept these past few days, it makes a squeeling noise and wont get up and go like it should? Any suggestions?
Old 11-08-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like it might be the fuel pump.
Old 11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Launching!

could be bad o2 sensors also.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, you should be able to take it any dealer and they should be able to diagnose the problem. It'll usually cost like $30 (around here atleast).
Old 11-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Took it to Pep Boys last night and they charged $80 to do a flow chart and the flow chart showed bad 02 sensors. So hopefully that will fix it. $230 dollars later
Old 11-09-2004, 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad you found the problem, sorry it costs so much.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Yea me too, but shes worth it
Old 11-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your problems. We're just a couple hours up the road from you, and deal with this stuff everyday. I know it's probably too far to drive here, but feel free to give me a call, I would be happy to try and help, and I know a couple shops in your area that you could take the car to.

Hope this helps,
Ed
Old 11-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ed Potter @ LPE
Sorry to hear about your problems. We're just a couple hours up the road from you, and deal with this stuff everyday. I know it's probably too far to drive here, but feel free to give me a call, I would be happy to try and help, and I know a couple shops in your area that you could take the car to.

Hope this helps,
Ed

Where are ya located ED?
Old 11-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Ed, I'm going to have my husband call you, his name is Todd. We have a 2000 Camaro
Old 11-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good, tell him I'm here untill 5:30 everyday. We're in Decatur, just south of Ft.Wayne.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by thegirl
Hey, I live in indianapolis and I'm looking for a shop that has AutoTAP, EFILive or HPTuners , or something like this. I got these names from another gentleman. My camaro isnt running right !

Here was my original post:

Okay, I guess this is a long shot but here goes. I have a 2000 Camaro . It has 44000 miles on it. THe check egine light came on about a month ago, took it to auto zone and had the diagnostic check done and it said it was running lean. So filled it with Premium V-Power and a cleaner and ran it on the highway, the light still owuldnt go off. Well went to Cincinnati about hour away and it was just getting worse, when i finally ended my trip the car wouldnt even start back up, went back out there later and it started but when i would get going it seemed like it would take forever to get going. Well got back home and replaced the fuel filter, still no change. Well two days ago i was driving on the highway and it wouoldnt go past 50, i could hold the accelerator and the engine was making noise like it wanted to go, but the poor car just wouldnt, it almost sounded as if i had a really lopud muffler but that it was struggling to go. So i stopped at a light and started going and it wouldnt go more than 30. I dont get it? I dont no much about cars but I mean it only has 44000 miles on it and it runs and sounds perfect accept these past few days, it makes a squeeling noise and wont get up and go like it should? Any suggestions?
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with your car?
Old 11-15-2004, 08:35 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

I never heard of a o2 senser making the car run lean. And no o2 trouble code .I like the first post answer possible fuel pump. I would check the fuel pressure before putting in the o2 sensers way cheaper.If i had to bet on what is wrong with your car i would say fuel pump. Let us know your outcome after its fixed. good luck mike

Quick Reply: HEy guys need some help.