Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Stratford Square

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2005, 02:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stratford Square

Hey everyone, I was at stratford square the other night, a Schamburg law officer wanted to kick us out. I calmed him down and said were just here for 15mins to meet some people.

He said the businesses are complaining of too much garbage being left. So if you want to keep this cruise spot i'd suggest telling people to not make a mess.

When heading home I hit 4 corners to see whos round, the whole area by white castle was like a landfill; I know what the officer was talking about now.

Perhaps we can suggest to the younger folks to not do this? Otherwise police in Schaumburg are ok with stratford square.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Banned

yeah, i was up there with him and the cop wasnt too happy. sux that there isnt anywhere to just pull over and just BS....
Old 05-30-2005, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

im up there almost every weekend then i go by there for lunch and that place is trashed. in order to help stop the garbage the needs to be some trash cans out, and then people need to use them. i think thats why the burger king hang out spot is gone cause of the garbage left.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:33 PM
Launching!

I hate all that. We do happen to dable in the illegal sport called streetracing. Its definetly the young ricers that dont care and are just plain immature. We have a spot down here in new lenox called AJs that everyone meets on sundays. The older show car guys come around 5 and leave around dusk, then the racers show up. Since we kind of help out and ran the place we let it be known that we dont screw around, leave trash or want any punks there. Besides a couple sundays we never had a problem and the younger import guys knew not to show up. Its still bad at Orland so come saturdays now we are having people at our shop to filter out the bad ones.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Stratford Square is in Bloomingdale. So a Schaumburg cop would have no business being there.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Banned

Fraser was confused... it was a Bloomingdale PD that rolled on thru. You know GTO owners, driving around in a slow car messes with their head.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FastTrnsAm
Stratford Square is in Bloomingdale. So a Schaumburg cop would have no business being there.
Its not the point, the cop didn't mention anything about street racing or people hanging out there, the garbage is the problem (my point).
Old 06-02-2005, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

yeah well there pissed about the garbage and a cop told my brother not to come back because that will no longer be a hang out spot. what ever that means. but i went pass there last sunday and there was garbage everywhere looked like a dump site if you ask me.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fullfloatingHD
Its not the point, the cop didn't mention anything about street racing or people hanging out there, the garbage is the problem (my point).
I didnt say anything about street racing or hanging out. My point was if in fact it was a Schaumburg cop he had no business trying to throw everyone out. That was my only point.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

Stop bickering about what town it is.. Everyone generalizes that area as being Schaumburg because everyone is familiar with Schaumburg. He got his point across.
I do not blame the cops for kicking people out. If people can't pick up their own crap, they shouldn't be there. It just sucks that it is ruined for everyone else. "They should put garbage cans out there"... It's not their responsibility to pay for them. Would you like to?
Even if there were garbage cans, the little punks wouldn't use them.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ThirdgenTa
Stop bickering about what town it is.. Everyone generalizes that area as being Schaumburg because everyone is familiar with Schaumburg. He got his point across.
I do not blame the cops for kicking people out. If people can't pick up their own crap, they shouldn't be there. It just sucks that it is ruined for everyone else. "They should put garbage cans out there"... It's not their responsibility to pay for them. Would you like to?
Wasn't bickering. Just thought what I was trying to say wasn't coming across right. Anyway isn't that the way it almost always ends up going? A few idiots always ruin it for everyone else. Would these pigs throw crap around where they live like at the mall? No, so why do people think its ok to pigs out in public?
Old 06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ThirdgenTa
i agree about the garbage cans.. but your right it's not there responsiblity so what do you do then where that place is banned where do you hang out? all my hangout spots from last yr suffered from the same fate and we all know streets of woodfield has all the ricer idiots so what to do?
Old 06-03-2005, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
i agree about the garbage cans.. but your right it's not there responsiblity so what do you do then where that place is banned where do you hang out? all my hangout spots from last yr suffered from the same fate and we all know streets of woodfield has all the ricer idiots so what to do?
I know.. it is really difficult. The only solution to this is to find a secluded spot and have your own group of close friends hang out. Then you can weed out who you trust and don't trust. What ruins it is the internet and word of mouth because you always get these kinda pigs showing up(or even the show-offs).
Old 06-05-2005, 03:55 PM
Staging Lane

I just wish I could find a nice cruise spot were alot of cars show up to look at that doesnt get ruined by the idiots and pigs.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FastTrnsAm
I just wish I could find a nice cruise spot were alot of cars show up to look at that doesnt get ruined by the idiots and pigs.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

Same here. I was there that night too. It is not that hard to keep your trash in your car till you get home. We have been bouncing from spot to spot and no one ever wants to make a difference (usual suspects). This also includes the idiots that blast down the parking lot just so they can make there car sneeze. We are running out of locations people!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

I dont like it anymore then the next person, but the answer is simple. Police show up, point out the idiots to them before they throw "everyone" out, because we are running out of places to go. And theres nothing like hearing the blow-off valve as the car is doing whole mere 15-20 MPH. Impressive isnt it?
Old 06-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Launching!

There were cops there last night, but they weren't bothering anyone..just sitting. A lot of cars were there too. I think Bloomingdale cops are being pretty lenient.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro_SLP
There were cops there last night, but they weren't bothering anyone..just sitting. A lot of cars were there too. I think Bloomingdale cops are being pretty lenient.
i heard the turnout was pretty good last night. i couldn't make it but tonight is calling for rain so maybe next week i can make my way up there again.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so it's on again??? I was there memorial day weekend and we were kicked out at midnight... i guess the next morning the lot was covered in trash...... which is bullshit... there's a McDs RIGHT THERE ... gotta throw something away walk there... or do as I do... put it in your car.. and when you get home throw it away.....

Quick Reply: Stratford Square