Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

It finally happend....

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default It finally happend....

I finally got owned for having no front plate!!

Parking ticket in chicago probably not even worth contesting since... I had no front plate :-p

Oh well 50 bucks down the drain and I'm part of the club now

Chicago PD
Old 05-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Import Patrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the club. Trust me, there will be more to follow. It's one of those appearence mod's that you have to keep paying for. Another one is window tints!
Old 05-17-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My dad had just finished painting his 3rd gen TA and left the front plate in the windshield with a note that said plz dont ticket me car is being sold next week, paint is fresh and I dont want to put holes in the bumper. My grandmother was doing garden work when chicago's finest read the note crumbled it tossed it to the ground and wrote him a ticket. 3 in one day some how...
Old 05-17-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Avalanche
My dad had just finished painting his 3rd gen TA and left the front plate in the windshield with a note that said plz dont ticket me car is being sold next week, paint is fresh and I dont want to put holes in the bumper. My grandmother was doing garden work when chicago's finest read the note crumbled it tossed it to the ground and wrote him a ticket. 3 in one day some how...
Its sad to see the chicago pd not really do much else than write tickets but I dont live in chicago so I dont really care. I guess I'll just stick it on with some heavy velcro and yank it off when I'm in the city.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

honestly you have it easy, ive gotten a ticket for no front plate. all you have to do is this, take the cover off, put plate on, take pictures, go to court, show pictures, they throw ticket out, go home, take plate off, put cover back on

its seriously that easy, well for you anywas, i have to take the bumper off, swap the grill, put bumper back on
all it costs is your time

oh and the window thing will not work, ive talked to cops about it, it has to be displayed on the FRONT of the vehicle, putting it in the window makes it noticable to the fact that its not on the font of the car, your better off just leaving it out of sight altogether
Old 05-17-2006, 11:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
honestly you have it easy, ive gotten a ticket for no front plate. all you have to do is this, take the cover off, put plate on, take pictures, go to court, show pictures, they throw ticket out, go home, take plate off, put cover back on

its seriously that easy, well for you anywas, i have to take the bumper off, swap the grill, put bumper back on
all it costs is your time

oh and the window thing will not work, ive talked to cops about it, it has to be displayed on the FRONT of the vehicle, putting it in the window makes it noticable to the fact that its not on the font of the car, your better off just leaving it out of sight altogether
I've been told its a waste of time with the city of chicago cuz they just dont give a ****. I dunno though, anyone else have experience with chicago, no plates and beating the system ?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:07 AM
TECH Veteran

I got ticketed for no front plate and tinted windows in Elk Grove Village. Had to go to the Cook County court house and show proof of them being removed. i just brought pictures of someone elses car with my front plate on it. They dismissed it and I had no fine. The funny thing was I would have paid the ticket if they had just told me to. I didnt even have the front bracket or the screws for my front plate so I just taped the plate to the front bumper and took a picture.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:57 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Move to Indiana...window tint, no front plate, no emissions...no problem
Old 05-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Bad Seller Warning!

im in indiana and the only thing i dont have a problem with is front plate.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

From my experience. Same thing in wisconsin. no Cat's, No plates... period, no lights on at night, near un-drivability, no problem.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got busted in Central Illinois for not front plate, Tint on the front windows, and having a smoked liscense plate cover on the rear. The cop was on the other side of the interstate heading the opposit direction as I and decided to come through the median. I wasn't speeding or anything. I hate cops.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:40 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

CPD (Chicago) is most of the time way cooler than the suburban cops for tint and front plate.

I have lived on the North side of Chicago since 1989 and have never gotten a ticket for tints or plates. All my tix for that stuff has been in the burbs or by staties on I90.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
CPD (Chicago) is most of the time way cooler than the suburban cops for tint and front plate.

I have lived on the North side of Chicago since 1989 and have never gotten a ticket for tints or plates. All my tix for that stuff has been in the burbs or by staties on I90.
I never had any problem till now according to my girlfriend (I was at her house) they go trolling for parking violations on street cleaning days. Which it was...

Do you think its worth it to take a pic. with the plate on and try to contest it or is that probably a waste of time?

BTW: I'm getting some heavy velcro for the plate cover and I'll just yank it off when I'm in the city
Old 05-18-2006, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Luna
I never had any problem till now according to my girlfriend (I was at her house) they go trolling for parking violations on street cleaning days. Which it was...

Do you think its worth it to take a pic. with the plate on and try to contest it or is that probably a waste of time?
its worth a shot, if it works the ticket gets thrown out, if not you have to pay for it which sounds like you were gonna do that in the first place

BTW: I'm getting some heavy velcro for the plate cover and I'll just yank it off when I'm in the city
isnt your cover held on with 2 screws in the bottom, just put a screw driver in the glovebox and be done with it
Old 05-18-2006, 01:42 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Take a pic to show you put it back on? I would.

My Formy had a front plate on it the entire time it was street driven.

I hate to put a front plate on the Vette, I'm going to start looking at other Vettes and see what they are doing.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Take a pic to show you put it back on? I would.

My Formy had a front plate on it the entire time it was street driven.

I hate to put a front plate on the Vette, I'm going to start looking at other Vettes and see what they are doing.
Well on the ticket it says if the violation has been corrected before the hearing then the ticket will be thrown out except for violations xxx xxx xxx and no front plate is one of those exempt.

Basically I don't want to waste time and gas on something that is just going to get thrown in my face and say pay it!

And yes its held on with screws but velcro > screws in terms of simplicity IMO
Old 05-18-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

only problem with velcro no matter how strong, is it will rattle off in a car with as much vibration as ours
Old 05-18-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luna
they go trolling for parking violations on street cleaning days. :
Normally it won't be a PO that does that, it's usually the department of revenue. An easy way to tell: if it was hand written it's a PO, if it's typed using a printer (that looks like a receipt) and placed into an envelope it's the the dept of rev.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSPEEDY
Normally it won't be a PO that does that, it's usually the department of revenue. An easy way to tell: if it was hand written it's a PO, if it's typed using a printer (that looks like a receipt) and placed into an envelope it's the the dept of rev.
Yea it even said somewhere on there department of revenue, was typed and in a neat little orange envelope... bastards!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where in the city was this?

Quick Reply: It finally happend....