Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

The real deal on Dean

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The real deal on Dean

Ive been talking to Dean for the past 2 days, he isnt half bad. Here's the deal though. He has Apsenger's Syndrome, which explains why he's quick tempered when we think he shouldnt be. Here's some info I researched which should help explain.

Individuals with Asperger's Disorder usually want to fit in and have interaction with others; they simply don't know how to do it. They may be socially awkward, not understanding conventional social rules, or may show a lack of empathy. They may have limited eye contact, seem to be unengaged in a conversation, and not understand the use of gestures.

Interests in a particular subject may border on the obsessive. Children with Asperger's Disorder frequently like to collect categories of things, such as rocks or bottle caps. They may be proficient in knowing categories of information, such as baseball statistics or Latin names of flowers. While they may have good rote memory skills, they have difficulty with abstract concepts.. Children with Asperger's Disorder may not understand the subtleties of language, such as irony and humor, or may not understand the give and take nature of a conversation.

I dunno, I know you guys dont want to deal with him or anything but I figured Id shed some light on the situation. Cause its not that he's a psycho, this disorder just makes it hard to understand certain socail situations that we find normal and causes him to lash out. Call me crazy for even talking to him but I was intriqued and wanted to know the real deal rather than letting someone go nuts and hit this kid.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

I figured he had some sort of disorder or mental illness. That clears it up. Now he needs to stop bugging people and acting like an idiot and take his meds like a good boy.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still want to hit him. He should not be able to interact with society if he does in fact have that. His parents or legal guardian should keep a watchful eye on everything he does. He is gonna say something to the wrong person, and they are gonna find him and kill him.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:55 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

My cousin has that disorder, but he has never been really violent. But he is younger, things may change as he gets older. Its amazing how much he can remember with very little exposure, like "Rain Man". It is like Autism, which is what Rain man had, just not quite as severe. My cousin can tell you the complete history of every american president, including details like his time in office, years he was in office, if and when he was assassinated and by whom, and several smaller details, in perfect chronilogical order. I'm doing good to even remember like 10 presidents, let alone when they served. He can also reinact movies he likes, I don't mean like "remember that one part in Office Space where he's talking about his 'Oh' face?", I mean like he can act out EVERY scene with every character and all their lines in exact order. He can go from start to finish through a whole movie. Its amazing, but he has a really hard time with social settings, and has had problems with schooling.

Kind of makes sense about Dean if you think about it.....
Old 08-18-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt D
I still want to hit him. He should not be able to interact with society if he does in fact have that. His parents or legal guardian should keep a watchful eye on everything he does. He is gonna say something to the wrong person, and they are gonna find him and kill him.
Hitting someone with a problem like that is a felony. I understand why you'd be extremely pissed but you should really slow down and think about it. You should be pissed, but cant be cause its not like someone without this disorder said it.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

bob the bishop can he build it

yes he can
Old 08-18-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Moparnos (The SLP Guy)
bob the bishop can he build it

yes he can
...wtf... Have you been hanging out with PSJ again?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by Avalanche
Hitting someone with a problem like that is a felony. I understand why you'd be extremely pissed but you should really slow down and think about it. You should be pissed, but cant be cause its not like someone without this disorder said it.
I'm sorry, but if that ************ came up to me I would punch him in the throat. Disorder or not, it is self defense. It wouldn't be a felony on my part. I have enough documentation on him to put him away for the rest of his life. He threatened to kill me...that is a felony as well!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sorry, but if that ************ came up to me I would punch him in the throat. Disorder or not, it is self defense. It wouldn't be a felony on my part. I have enough documentation on him to put him away for the rest of his life. He threatened to kill me...that is a felony as well!
I completely understand your stance Matt and you know I think you're a cool guy and Im not gonna start **** with you over this kid. I just wanted to shead some light on the situation and hopefully we could put it to rest once and for all. He's obveiously not gonna see that we're cool people. You gave him a chance even after the last time he pissed you off. I dunno guys, just kinda sucks.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:28 PM
liqour enthusiest

calm down tough guy.. even if he did hit dean, how did we know he had a disorder. there is no proof he has it. did he get it checked out by a shrink?
Old 08-18-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88monte
calm down tough guy.. even if he did hit dean, how did we know he had a disorder. there is no proof he has it. did he get it checked out by a shrink?
I agree with that, also the whole parental gaurdian liability is true too. But now you know. Perhaps for your benefits I shouldnt have told yas, but if something happens just delete the thread and plead ignorance.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Retired Street Racer

I will just give them the pages upon pages of info I have of over twenty people he has been harrassing and threatening, including some people's lives. He should be in a mental hospital, no susbstitutions.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I vote Matt still hits him in the throat anyway.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will just give them the pages upon pages of info I have of over twenty people he has been harrassing and threatening, including some people's lives. He should be in a mental hospital, no susbstitutions.
Yeah I think everyone's been EXTREMELY chill on not doing that as of yet but it may be a prudent action. Like I said I was just sheading something light on the situation, I wrote him off a long time ago. But I figured if PSJ took time out of his busy *** schedule of listening to Nickleback I could turn down Pantera long enough to find out wtf.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

So he told you he has this? Info please.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:17 PM
liqour enthusiest

Originally Posted by CRASH Bandicoot
I vote Matt still hits him in the throat anyway.
i vote yes too, id start a poll on here but i think psj would ban me lol
Old 08-18-2006, 02:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
PM sent, I ment this to be an educational thread not something else to become a Dean bashing forum so Im keepin it off here.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

I'm sorry, but if that ************ came up to me I would punch him in the throat.
Like how Gary Sinise (Det. Jimmy Shaker) did to that one guy in the movie, Ransom?
Old 08-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Retired Street Racer

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
Like how Gary Sinise (Det. Jimmy Shaker) did to that one guy in the movie, Ransom?
More like how Gilbert beat Arnie in the bathroom in "What's eating Gilbert Grape?" You know, beathing the **** out of a retard.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

Yea I would like to know too. I have asked Dean point blank on IM's before and he always denied he had any disorder. Where did you get this diagnosis from?