Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Us 41

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not a heavy us41 user or anydrag strip user in generall i only go to drag tracks a few times a year us41 only for mim both times ive been there one side lights were burned out, track prep was bad both years but ive seen worse, however both times i had alot of fun and got enough runs in to be happy about it however i know the rental price increased substantially this year and honestly last year had better management from what i observed, and as previously stated i overheard comments said during said gto fire that make me question racing there as well.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

From what i have seen in the last couple of months are things going down hill at 41. I have been there at least a dozen or more times this year,things started out great. They were scraping the starting line down to keep the rubber build up too a minimum,spraying VHT all the way to half track,a couple times a day,added new lighting,actually painted some stuff,started looking pretty nice.The last 2 months traction has seemed to not be there,they changed their hours on sunday to 10 to 3.(WTF)one guy pulling cars from the lanes with no clue of whats going on,no starter on the starting line (HALF THE TIME).the weight scale has not been hooked up since the middle of summer.lights out on the scoreboards.AND god forbid if there is an oil down,might as well pack it up for the day! They used to run cars off pretty fast, but now its so dam slow.Takes forever to get a tech guy to take your card from you.A friend of mine had a no2 bottle filled there,60$ and after 2 runs it was empty,he normally gets 8-9 runs on a filled bottle.He got ripped off.I agree ,i think its going into the crapper!!!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NHRAFORMULA00
From what i have seen in the last couple of months are things going down hill at 41. I have been there at least a dozen or more times this year,things started out great. They were scraping the starting line down to keep the rubber build up too a minimum,spraying VHT all the way to half track,a couple times a day,added new lighting,actually painted some stuff,started looking pretty nice.The last 2 months traction has seemed to not be there,they changed their hours on sunday to 10 to 3.(WTF)one guy pulling cars from the lanes with no clue of whats going on,no starter on the starting line (HALF THE TIME).the weight scale has not been hooked up since the middle of summer.lights out on the scoreboards.AND god forbid if there is an oil down,might as well pack it up for the day! They used to run cars off pretty fast, but now its so dam slow.Takes forever to get a tech guy to take your card from you.A friend of mine had a no2 bottle filled there,60$ and after 2 runs it was empty,he normally gets 8-9 runs on a filled bottle.He got ripped off.I agree ,i think its going into the crapper!!!
damn! finally someone said it! i agree 110%
Old 10-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Newbomb
why don't you guys come over to www.streetcarchaos.net and bitch? MR DRAGSTER you have an OPEN INVITATION!!!

Here is the thread he started on SCC.net to post your opinions about US41: http://www.streetcarchaos.net/forums...ead.php?t=7663
Old 10-21-2006, 08:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

I don't think Newbomb's thread accomplishes anything, that's a quick way to turn a bunch of folks off on the track. Just get Denny to fix the lights.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks like there's mixed reactions on scc

Old 10-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I never said I was a 41 rep.....Secondly, Why don't you guys ask questions while you're there? Ask them about track prep! Yesterday was SCC, and the cars were hooking great...so don't come on here bashing the track, find out while you're there...and the management has been the same for the past TWO seasons....
Old 10-22-2006, 10:07 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Well, you've got guys like NHRAFormula (Elmer) saying that the track does not hook as good as before, and he's always been a longtime US41 supporter.... So is he a jerk? I hardly think so.

Like I said, tell Denny I would do a US41 rental, maybe we can do it with MFBA, but all the display lights have to work otherwise folks end up having a negative view of the track.

For the record, US41 has been my favorite track for years. But even when we held NvsS there in 2004 I have to say that Norm and his daughter didn't really apologize or make any sort of effort to make us feel better that one whole side of the electronics did not work... the display stuff.

No hard feelings over here, only constructive feedback.... unlike your flamey thread over on SCC. I'll be the better man and assume that you can do better than threads like that.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Launching!

This was yesterday, a chilly overcast day SCC...Is this hooking? I see a Line guy in ever pic too! That mustang looks like it has a 16''wheel on the front too!!!

Old 10-22-2006, 10:16 AM
Launching!

That Copper camaro ran his best 60 ever...and he goes to 66 often....
Old 10-22-2006, 10:17 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

There is always a back on forth between paying more for a rental with excellent track prep and a full track crew, and a low dollar rental with one spray of VHT. Anyway, we all want the same thing, 1.3 and 1.4 60fts and setting new records.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Launching!

want some more?

Old 10-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Launching!

So, when you rent 41 you can choose how much and how often, and how far the VHT is put down? Also if there are is an EMT/ambulance on hand, as well as full track crew? That could explain why for the MFBA rental the track prep was so poor, those cheap bastards . Also there is no denying that the ET board on the left side weren't working that day.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

there's a couple different "concerns" by a couple different members.

me and my 2 buddies got great traction last week, but it was only on one run each. the new schedule does tend to kill the whole day, when we used to go and get 3-8 runs in by 12 and then go home.

i drove over 100 miles to get there, and to run once was disappointing.

I agree with ProStock John and his previous post, if you need to go and vent on SCC ( as some of us did here ) then fine.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

SCC is an "event" so you are expecting a big turnout, so therefore you have all the "help" in place.

on a test and tune sunday, maybe the "help" was not in full force,
I'm just making an observation.

either way, its done and over with
Old 10-22-2006, 11:01 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

When it comes to track rentals, spraying VHT more than once is typically an extra cost.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigD
Here is the thread he started on SCC.net to post your opinions about US41: http://www.streetcarchaos.net/forums...ead.php?t=7663

Looks like the thread above where Newbomb was calling the people in this LS1tech thread "fucktards", "babies" and he was "sorry to say he owned an LS1 after this thread" was deleted. LOL I sure hope that Newbomb's sentiments are not that of all the racers at 41? If so, I know I will not be back to support that track any time soon.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
When it comes to track rentals, spraying VHT more than once is typically an extra cost.

Maybe the MFBA payed for Crisco that day then?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Sunday's are dedicated to Bracket racers right? Wednesday , Friday, and Saturday nights are for Test - n - Tune.....try coming on one of those days
Old 10-22-2006, 11:34 AM
Launching!

the whole season

Quick Reply: Us 41