Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Us 41

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:36 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

Newbomb indicated to me that he was going to delete that thread... Good man IMHO.

Newbomb, I have not been to US41 pretty much all year, has it been IHRA all season?
Old 10-22-2006, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Newbomb
Sunday's are dedicated to Bracket racers right? Wednesday , Friday, and Saturday nights are for Test - n - Tune.....try coming on one of those days
sunday is a test and tune day, or atleast it was last season. i have no interest in going to scc! my buddy went there not too long ago and didnt even get a chance to run once.

my whole point of this thread was not that it doesnt hook, cause i havent had a problem with that. my problem is with the idiotic staff. the guy that was guiding cars in last sunday was a idiot. he was picking cars out of the blue.

secondly, the hours suck *** now. when i asked why they open so late now. they told me because its too cold in the morning? ok lets race in hot weather!

third, they might have upgraded their lights, but they should spend the money on their boards instead.

ive gone to a bunch of tracks, byron, great lakes, and 41 was my favorite. and by far the furthest from me, but i would still go there.

and to top it off you would think they would be better since they raised their price, but they got totally worse!!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

They need to give Mike back his job.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:24 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

I miss Hulkamania.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is scramblermans bro. My pops and I used to go to street car chaos all the time years back. It was pure chaos with very fast street cars. Car after car were big dollar street cars and good races. The past SCC events have sh*t four bangers and bunch of pickups and junk running more and more. Looks like the big money runners have already decide to pack up and not come back. My dad worked with the orginal owner and knew him for along time even before he even built the track. He was a great guy for sure and since he passed away I heard he gave it to his kid but not sure if the kid sold it to someone else but it seems that way since it has turn to sh*t ever since.

I have been to the track with a couple of these posters and so has my bro which is scramblerman and it has gotten very worse. I hate route 66 with a passion and never ever would go back since it is a rip off and the owners are a bunch of a**holes.

I am in the process of getting a street/strip car project but wondering where the hell am I going to go now. Looks like it would be better to find a road in the middle of no where and start your own test and tune or whatever.

Lets all chip in and build are own track. LOL

Also if you look at all those cars in the pics pulling wheelstands are mostly full out race street cars with either mini tubs or pro street with slicks of course. Of course they hook. That copper camaro owner lives around the block from me. I see him outside working on his car in the garage sometimes.

Hands down 41 is not seeing my money no more till they get there sh*t straight which may take longer than I think since it is pretty stinky if ya know what I mean.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:47 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

want some more?

If you have anything to do with the track you should read between the lines. You or they may think they are doing a great job, BUT obviously you have some unhappy customers! Don't take it personal, if you want to make your customers happy listen to the complaints and make the adjustments needed! No big deal.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're going to complain, complain about FACTS, the ownership has never changed, it's always been owned by the Nevinger family, and why are you nocking the 4cyl cars and trucks that come, don't they have the right to race their too? Obviously you weren't at this past Saturday's Chaos, because I have never seen so much $$$ races in my life......

and those pics are just a few that I posted, do you see the two fox stangs yankin them? one has a full 16'' wheel/tire, the other is a convertible!!! Do you expect to hook on a BFG KDW or Cooper Cobra tire? Yea I know George (copper camaro) too, they're all on a 10.5'' tire....Oh and whenever a m6 fbody or stang spins off the line with a street tire, it tears rubber up, so of course traction might be compromised....so yell at your non-slick racin' buddies!!!

A DRAGSTRIP IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE CARS THAT GO DOWN IT

PS- I don't think Mike would help
Old 10-23-2006, 10:03 AM
11 Second Club

If you're going to complain, complain about FACTS, the ownership has never changed, it's always been owned by the Nevinger family, and why are you nocking the 4cyl cars and trucks that come, don't they have the right to race their too? Obviously you weren't at this past Saturday's Chaos, because I have never seen so much $$$ races in my life......

and those pics are just a few that I posted, do you see the two fox stangs yankin them? one has a full 16'' wheel/tire, the other is a convertible!!! Do you expect to hook on a BFG KDW or Cooper Cobra tire? Yea I know George (copper camaro) too, they're all on a 10.5'' tire....Oh and whenever a m6 fbody or stang spins off the line with a street tire, it tears rubber up, so of course traction might be compromised....so yell at your non-slick racin' buddies!!!

PS- I don't think Mike would help
you keep on defending the traction, how about you go back to some of my posts and respond to some of that! and i also heard the left board was still out at the last scc
Old 10-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Letsndy
you keep on defending the traction, how about you go back to some of my posts and respond to some of that! and i also heard the left board was still out at the last scc

maybe they all wanted "NO Clocks" ?

most of the posts here were about "bad track prep"......

Why do the open later? Yes it is too cold in the morning, and there is dew on the track, so unless you'd like to hug the wall all the way down i wouldn't complain....

The Lanes were pulled "out of the blue" ? How do you know what they were pulling, there actually is a system to pulling cars on Sunday, because they have to make sure the Bracket racers get their timed runs in because Sunday is for BRACKET racers......

Next time you feel like calling the staff idiots, do it to their face,!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

What a lame a** statement for sure since you guys cannot get that many cars down the track anyways. My buddys went there at last months SCC and drove a hour and a half to get there and tech right in and got into the staging lanes. Three hours later and still not one run. They kept taking other cars in other lanes not other ones. They took some twice and I was there seeing this happen. Alot of people in the staging lanes complained that at half track the track was slick as ****. Then a stang hit the wall at guess what half track like every SCC and that ended the night.

I see letsndy said you guys still have not fixed the left board at SCC.

Same old sh*t there I guess there since I am did not go and not playing on ever going.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

maybe they all wanted "NO Clocks" ?

most of the posts here were about "bad track prep"......

Why do the open later? Yes it is too cold in the morning, and there is dew on the track, so unless you'd like to hug the wall all the way down i wouldn't complain....

The Lanes were pulled "out of the blue" ? How do you know what they were pulling, there actually is a system to pulling cars on Sunday, because they have to make sure the Bracket racers get their timed runs in because Sunday is for BRACKET racers......

Next time you feel like calling the staff idiots, do it to their face,!
1. Why are you laughing about the left board not being fixed. What a lame excuse. Just get the damn thing fixed since people are not happy about that it seems.

2. Yeah we know it is cold in the morning but it you should still allow ample time on sundays for test and tune and bracket racing no matter how late or early you open and start. Why even say you have test and tune on sundays and not even have barely any. It is a waste of time and money to go and not get a run in.

3. SCC they pulled any thing they wanted and even pulled stuff twice. I have never seen a system at any of the events. Everyone should get a fair chance to run and not just pick what you want to run or just pick a lane. Why on your website does it say sunday, test and tune, then bracket racing. It is not just a day for bracket racing. If you want that to be only bracket racing then make a seperate day for bracket racing only and a day for test and tune only. Makes better since to me but thats me.

And lastly how can I call the staff, idiots to your face when you guys have your heads up your a** so far I do not think you will be able to hear me since your head is way to far in.

I guess you cannot hear all the peoples complaints and won't do anything about them so that is the way I see it. You also take no action in making anything better and just look the other way.

I think 41 is going to lose alot of money from people not going back and we are telling you what is wrong so you can fix it or at least know what is going on there.

We are trying to help but you but you just say we are idiots just posting no sense and you guys know what is going on and nothing is wrong.

You won't get my money for sure anymore and I bet some other people from reading this post.

Time to look for another track.

Peace 41
Old 10-23-2006, 12:35 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

This one is going no where. If Newbomb works or speaks for the track, that's pretty sad.

This one is closed.

Last edited by LASTLS1; 10-23-2006 at 09:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Us 41