Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

God's Love and Reason for Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default God's Love and Reason for Christmas

I know this thread may provoke some very strong feelings. Some may feel this forum is no place for this thread. I ask you to consider the other stuff that is shared with the forum members though and allow this too. I ask that if you don’t agree or if it offends you please PM me instead of posting in the thread. These are MY beliefs and I am posting this thread to share information about the REAL meaning and purpose of Christmas. Some on here may have never heard who Jesus is or what He did for us. I know that some don’t believe, care or completely refuse to acknowledge God and/or Jesus. That is each person’s decision. However, it is my desire to share with those who may be interested, the fact that Jesus loves you and sacrificed himself on the cross for your sins. In order to be forgiven and not be separated from God’s love for eternity you must believe in Jesus’ sacrifice, and ask God for forgiveness for your sins. If you do this and accept Jesus as your Savior, you will be saved. Isaiah 7:14 prophecies the birth of Jesus, “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” (which means “God with us.”) Jesus’ birth was announced in Luke 2:11, “Today in the town of David (Bethlehem) a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.”

God’s salvation plan for us is available for a short season. The prophecy of Jesus’ second coming is in Revelation 19:11, “I (John) saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True (Jesus, the Christ). With justice he judges and makes war.” Revelation 19:16, “On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: “’KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.’” And in Revelation 22:20-21 it says, “He who testifies to these things (Jesus) says, ’Yes, I am coming soon.’ Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen.”

Here are some interesting insights that help us realize that everything (every tiny word and nuance) in the Bible is significant:
** Jesus was born in a stable because He was the “Lamb of God.” A stable is the proper place for a lamb to be born.
** He was laid in a manger (in the Greek manger means “fodder trough”). He is the “Bread of Life.”
* When He was coming to the end of His short ministry, on His triumphant entry into Jerusalem He was riding on the colt of an *** (donkey). A donkey is a beast of burden. Jesus was carrying the burden of our sin debts. The burden was proper to be carried on a donkey.

If you would like to talk with me about anything please feel free to pm me, or you can send me a message via AIM. Thanks, Jim
Old 12-25-2006, 03:02 PM
Banned

Amen! That is a wonderful thread! Jesus is the reason for the season!
Old 12-25-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Agreed didnt know where the thread was going at first.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

AMEN to your thread BRO. That is really what the season and life is all about!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02 wife
+1
Old 12-27-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thankyou for sharing!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

thank you for sharing and I hope all had a merry CHRISTmas
Old 12-27-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice