Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

anyone have experience in "slip and fall" lawsuits (laywer or victim)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have experience in "slip and fall" lawsuits (laywer or victim)

as the subject says....

if you do please PM me. this is serious!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:00 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Originally Posted by ibanez7
as the subject says....

if you do please PM me. this is serious!

What happened?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

GF and I live in a very nice townhome style apartment community. Part of the rent is an association fee of snow removal. Long story short.

Wednesday morning she slipped on ice, broke her Fibula and Tibia (shin bone and the other bone behind it) The break was a spiral butterfly break. Picture a barbera shop pole stripe on your shin bone from the halfway mark to your ankle and then broken through. So now her her shin bone instead of being one piece is now 4 pieces.

The break is so bad that you could lift her leg, but her foot would stay behind, you could litteraly spin her foot 360 since it was no longer connected to bones! She had 3 hours of surgery to have SS plates and SS bolts put in her leg to hold it together.

Well the management group where we live supply plowing and salting again its part of the association. However our last storm being saturday, many parking stalls where still covered in snow and ice, which is why she slipped wednesday morning. The sad part is, she had to crawl from the parking lot to the front door and scream for me to get her. Its not a sight I wish anyone should see their wife or gf in.

I'm not one to jump on the lawsuit band wagon, but my poor gf is definitely in a lot of pain, has permanent metal in her leg, future scaring and any other future issues. This has placed a hold on her modeling career, lost work wages, pain and suffering, its huge inconvience.

all of this could have been avoided if proper snow removal and salting was supplied. When I mentioned this to the management, of course they immediately removed the snow but failed to salt and only removed snow infront of my place and left snow elsewhere in the other parking lots. One being a handicap spot! Also most places have an organized snow removal asking people to park in certain areas until plowed, here they dont.

Immediately I did take many pictures of the snow covered areas throughout the community and pictures showing how they removed mine after the fact and still left many other places covered. Also I took pics of the gfs leg and her in the hospital!

Last edited by ibanez7; 03-02-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

one last note.

Yes her and I both know and understand its winter time and you have to becarefull and expect ice. However I know damn well from when I had a house before, I keep my parking area/sidewalks free of ice and snow. If I was told I had to here, she never would have slipped!
Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 AM
JUICED96Z

A local friend of mine fell on ice a foot out of Best Buys service door for their install shop.

No wet floor sign, no salt, nothing. Messed his back up pretty good and had to go to the hospital and was on pain meds for a while.

The idiot manager signed something on company letter head admiting it was the stores fault and they were neglegent (he can sue and win no problem with that).

His sister is a JAG lawyer and said in the state of Indiana by law you are supposed to get at least 4 times the cost of the medical bills.

If they are paying for the plowing and salting and it was not done and she fell then I would go after them. If I would have fell and nothing happend then I would just shake it off but if I got hurt and there was no sign of an attemped clean up I would go after them.

I would talk to a lawyer!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

thats how I feel, if I fel and even I was bruised up I would just shake it off. but it was my girl and serious!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 AM
JUICED96Z

Talk to a lawyer man.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:50 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Ask "Chicago Crew Underboss" aka Jim, he's a lawyer.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks PSJ
Old 03-02-2007, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Ask "Chicago Crew Underboss" aka Jim, he's a lawyer.
I suppose that's Jim Pelafas' new SN, John?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by baddogz28
I suppose that's Jim Pelafas' new SN, John?
YES, that would be me and I have had a chance alread to talk to IBANEZ7 already this past friday about his girfriend's unfortunate accident. Also, Pro Stock John, thanks for refering this gentleman and his girfriend to me I sincerely appreciate it!

Quick Reply: anyone have experience in "slip and fall" lawsuits (laywer or victim)