Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

F-body Group at IRP (or ORP)???

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default F-body Group at IRP (or ORP)???

What is this on their schedule on June 28-30 about a F-body Group?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the National Muscle Car Event. It used to be for F bodys only. You have to pre register for it. A lot of guy in the central Indiana camaro club are going to this. I'm not sure if I am going yet.

It is pretty awesome though.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:29 AM
11 Second Club

Do you know where I can more info about it? A website maybe?
Old 05-06-2007, 10:45 PM
JUICED96Z

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/676377-12th-annual-national-f-body-motorsports-event-indy-year.html

I went last year and had a blast. If I go this year it will be to watch. I am about to tear into my car.

Most people in Indy don't know about it neither did they last year. I know last year there would have been at least a quarter more people if they put the word out localy.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:34 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I went a few years ago when it was in Indy, and I really wasn't all the impressed. the racing & such was nice, but not for the price. If you like getting drunk out of your mind, then you'll fit right in.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might go check it out, i missed it last year
Old 05-09-2007, 02:58 AM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
I went a few years ago when it was in Indy, and I really wasn't all the impressed. the racing & such was nice, but not for the price. If you like getting drunk out of your mind, then you'll fit right in.

Attendance sucks donkey ***** at least last year and I bet this year but again thats back to the crappy advertising. Pretty much NONE of the locals know about it.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:29 AM
11 Second Club

That seems to be the major problem that no one knows about it. It sounds like it is not worth going.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:52 AM
JUICED96Z

Its worth going. $75 or $100 (can't remember) for like 3 days or prepped track. Pretty much unlimited runs.

I know one guy got like 40+ runs last year.

If they had people pass out fliers locally I bet the turn out would double. I know I talked to a lot of people after the event last year and all said they would have gone.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:22 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Its worth going. $75 or $100 (can't remember) for like 3 days or prepped track. Pretty much unlimited runs.

I know one guy got like 40+ runs last year.

If they had people pass out fliers locally I bet the turn out would double. I know I talked to a lot of people after the event last year and all said they would have gone.
The biggest complaint I had when I went was the whole registration process. At that time, you had to be sign up to their annoying emailing list, and then jump through all kinds of hoops just to register. If they're still doing it the same way, then it would be virtually impossible for locals to just show up and run.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 AM
JUICED96Z

As long as you had an e-mail address you could go. Its like this forum just on e-mail. Most of it never gets read lol.

I went to the suds that Saturday night and everyone I talked to (good chunk of people) said they would have loved to go. One of them is a friend and would have been a sponsor.

Some of us have mention the fliers and it did not go anywere. I think this year the number of people that can go is limited.

Quick Reply: F-body Group at IRP (or ORP)???