Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 12:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpw41285
ill help ken it wouldnt be the first time ive put spray on a honda, or wrecked a honda lol

Bwaaahahhaha.

Ken, let me know when it's goin down and I'll be there!
Old 09-24-2007, 01:40 PM
10 Second Club

Well, it would appear that I have some free time on my hands.....

$200/week ain't gonna go very far. Good thing I've got money saved for this. Hope this strike only lasts a couple of days. Sucks.

Hey Scott, you want dibs on the camaro, if it comes to that?
Old 09-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GMMillwright

$200/week ain't gonna go very far. Good thing I've got money saved for this. Hope this strike only lasts a couple of days. Sucks.

sorry scott....we just had our gm video conference.......i cannot believe this will take a long time...they have already spent over a million in advertising for a large campaign for october....0% x 72 and so one.....plus bonus cash....they will need to get that handled before that launch...dealerships are already not "dealer trading" anything....we are lucky 300 + new on the ground...
let me know if there is anything i can do to help....other than buying that junk yard motor camaro that sdb sold ya...lol....j/k....

i still feel this will be resolved in a few days.....but who the **** knows...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Banned

fn great...teamsters just joined the strike...thus means no cars being delivered and no parts being sent....yeh!!!!!!!!.....this strike will be over by wednesday at the latest.....
Old 09-24-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be available to help on the Ninja this weekend... I had work to do on Saturday last weekend, so I couldn't come back out...
Old 09-24-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
LOL Thats what I like to hear!!! Flyby's are always appreciated. I'm glad that clutch worked out that was one best feeling LS1 clutchs Ive drivin otherthan not having any pedal to tap on that time. Now lets see how she holds with slicks.
Got the slicks here just need to get a few more miles on the clutch before I am real aggressive.. I found out from thompson that they have revised the slave again since the o1 zo6 slave.. It does feel better..

Cya
Old 09-24-2007, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kdogc5
fn great...teamsters just joined the strike...thus means no cars being delivered and no parts being sent....yeh!!!!!!!!.....this strike will be over by wednesday at the latest.....
Damn!

Hate to say it, but either way for GM its a win/win , even though no cars are leaving, they are selling the ones on the lots.

I hate to see people go though this, but the way things are going it was bound to happen.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
Damn!

Hate to say it, but either way for GM its a win/win , even though no cars are leaving, they are selling the ones on the lots.

I hate to see people go though this, but the way things are going it was bound to happen.

i really do not see were it is a win/win....gmmillwright will also back me up....lot traffic is at a all time low.....alot of it has to do with people buying non domestic cars like toyota yaris's and so on....it is too bad that all of america cannot see that every non domestic car sold....7 americans jobs go into toilet......so run out and buy that kia everyone....then we have no one to blame for this bullshit but ourselves.....
Old 09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

What upsets me the most (based on what I've read), is that the UAW agreed in principle to the VEBA. That would have taken billions off GM's liabilities, but GM wouldn't change their profit sharing formula so the union could reap some of the windfall from doing it. GM also wouldn't give us the job security we need in exchange for the concession of doing the VEBA. I can't get too upset about this whole thing because I don't have any control over any of it. That really sucks the most.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by kdogc5
i really do not see were it is a win/win....gmmillwright will also back me up....lot traffic is at a all time low.....alot of it has to do with people buying non domestic cars like toyota yaris's and so on....it is too bad that all of america cannot see that every non domestic car sold....7 americans jobs go into toilet......so run out and buy that kia everyone....then we have no one to blame for this bullshit but ourselves.....
If Gm could even make a economy car that could come close to what the other brands could do then i would give it a shot, BUT they cannot!

Its not my fault the Aveo was a failed project that gets a large amount less then the EPA rating, in my toyota i get every bit of the 39mpg highway, infact i average 39mpg city/highway. Please show me a GM that can do that?

This is in no way a Gm hating post, just the fact gm did not think it through for there attempt. I love gms, they make a hell of a v8 and i enjoy working on them.

And if your hating for everyone buying foreign cars, then im sorry this is a open market and Gm has been defeated by its self. Im not sure why your bashing toyota, quite a bit of them are made here where you live buddy

And yes, while it sucks for the UAW workers, GM is still selling cars even if the rate is slower. Doing this is getting rid of inventory that you have, if your inventory goes down, then when the UAW pulls its head from its *** and gets cars moving again you will be buying more, am i right?
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

I thought you guys receive 90% of your pay while on strike.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Nope. The only deal we have similar to that is "short work week". That occurs if we work less than 40 hours due to a breakdown or some other unplanned event. GM pays 80% of the difference between hours worked and 40 hours. Strike pay comes from the UAW, not GM. We get the $200/week starting the 8th day of the strike and continuation of our health insurance.

I did hear on CNN tonight that the strike here will force GM to stop production in Canada also due to parts shortages (engines) within 3 days. Hopefully, the economic situation GM is facing will force them to act and get us back to work quickly.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yeah, no doubt. Here's to hopin for a quick resolution, Scott.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

Nope. The only deal we have similar to that is "short work week". That occurs if we work less than 40 hours due to a breakdown or some other unplanned event. GM pays 80% of the difference between hours worked and 40 hours. Strike pay comes from the UAW, not GM. We get the $200/week starting the 8th day of the strike and continuation of our health insurance.

I did hear on CNN tonight that the strike here will force GM to stop production in Canada also due to parts shortages (engines) within 3 days. Hopefully, the economic situation GM is facing will force them to act and get us back to work quickly.
I guess I heard wrong. Good luck to you.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks, guys.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

Hope it all works out for you. Hopefully the strike will end quickly
Old 09-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Banned

"And if your hating for everyone buying foreign cars, then im sorry this is a open market and Gm has been defeated by its self. Im not sure why your bashing toyota, quite a bit of them are made here where you live buddy " quote from EPP Jake.....

yes honda and toyota, kia and hyundai's are built in the US....the profits go back to thier perspective countries not the US......also the aveo is not a failed project with a EPA average 38....and the number one selling car in it's segmet.....and yes this is a "open market".....if we want it to stay that way we need to buy US......and thus is the reason it is at risk because of people buying foriegn cars with the profits going back to foriegn countries.....also health care , pay, and retirement from these "american foriegn" plants are 28-31% lower than those of the uaw plants....looks like every hillbilly has his price....

Last edited by kdogc5; 09-25-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:34 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

MY NEXT VEHICLE IS GOING TO BE A FORD, **** ALL THIS BULLSHIT!
Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JPH
MY NEXT VEHICLE IS GOING TO BE A FORD, **** ALL THIS BULLSHIT!

i do not know about that joe have you looked at the new tundra's....now thats one hell of a truck.....lol
Old 09-25-2007, 03:06 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Tundra To Pull My Cobra!

Quick Reply: Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd