Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
We thought about making Jake park in the DNR's parking lot... lol

I just heard GM's srike is over! Thank God! Bob

That wrap is awesome Bob!

Can I drive?
Old 09-26-2007, 07:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tenative agreement reached @ 3 AM. Good news indeed. Now it's up to the local unions to ratify the agreement and to finish local contract negotiations.

Nate: Did the calipers come with pads? If not, I'll order some Hawks for the front and the rears, since they're almost shot. I'm ordering the Trackbrackets today.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Tenative agreement reached @ 3 AM. Good news indeed. Now it's up to the local unions to ratify the agreement and to finish local contract negotiations.

Nate: Did the calipers come with pads? If not, I'll order some Hawks for the front and the rears, since they're almost shot. I'm ordering the Trackbrackets today.
just got my "d" mail from gm when i got in this morning.... this is great news for you scott and anyone in the next 80 years that works for gm or the uaw......glad to see it was ended quickly....!!!! NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!!!!!!

NOW I AM HEADING OUT TO BUY ME A KIA SAFIA.....

Last edited by kdogc5; 09-26-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Work resumes today for 2nd shift. Maintenance starts @ 3, production @ 4:30.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent@EPP
Holy unrelated post batman.

The TPS sensor he bought wasn't bad, it just doesn't correctly interface with the '98 PCM, nor does it SOLVE THE PROBLEM. I would expect the mechanics who installed it to be aware of that fact. Throwing parts at a solution without properly diagnosing it isn't repair work, it's incompetence. It took me 45 minutes with a multimeter to track down what the problem was and was not.
I meant it as a (mostly) good natured ribbing, but coming on and posting about how you threw a part at it, too bad it didn't work, no, of course you can't have your money back is idiotic.
The GTO sounds nice, when you start working on something fast, let me know.

His hood latch has been fixed for quite some time, it was a simple adjustment, and even before, was held in with the release lock. Minus someone riding on the hood and unlatching it at 70 mph, it wasn't a dangerous situation.

If you want to get into the look how honest EPP is, I've got my pictures of the PIECE OF **** Y-Pipe you guys did on my car, along with a reciept billing me for 10 hours of labor on it. I've even got pictures of the unpainted unit, complete with the stains from the exhaust leaking through the welds at the end of the crush bent pipe. I realize you fired the guy who did that, fine, great for everyone else, but you still FUCKED me.

I've been pretty quiet about this for a long time, as Bob seems to be an ok guy on the forum, but the attitude being displayed by employees here is certainly reinforcing my negative feelings about this company.

Bob, I would never let my employees post in this manner on a forum that is directly related to my business, let alone one I sponsor. It's not professional, and it gives the company a black eye, deserved or not. Your people, do what you want, it just seems like a bad idea to make the already tough job of keeping good press and reputation in a tough business even tougher.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I do not what you are talking about cat.
Your car threw a TPS code,replaced TPS.... Worked great @ our shop.
A few weeks late jake had heard you where having problems with your TPS again.
I guess we should have spent some three weeks and endless shop hours all at your expense to track down the route of your problem?

ROOF, ROOF,

Time to go back to work

Brent
I believe the problem here lies in the fact that you failed to fix the problem, and then wouldn't take back the part you wrongly installed. I think they call that customer service.

**** it, I'm sick of this ****, last post is the last time I include a "but" after I talk about EPP screwing people over.

Joe, I'm sending more business your way bud.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS1875
Scott sorry to hear about the STRIKE hope it comes to an end very quickly.

Jake, get a clue on life, you picked the wrong crowd to get pissed off at you especially on this subject....not to mention it being a good way to lose business for Bob and EPP.

OH AND DON'T ANYONE GET THE IDEA OF SCAVEGING PARTS OFF MY CAR...BACK !!

saved by the bell d.....we were heading over with a truck and tools to get parts......lol...u lucked out again....lol...

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR A GROUP HUG.....KOOMBYA....KOOMBYA......**** IT...LOL...
Old 09-26-2007, 09:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I do not what you are talking about cat.
Your car threw a TPS code,replaced TPS.... Worked great @ our shop.
A few weeks late jake had heard you where having problems with your TPS again.
I guess we should have spent some three weeks and endless shop hours all at your expense to track down the route of your problem?

ROOF, ROOF,

Time to go back to work

Brent
I still find it amazing that you were able to reference the thread almost immediately when Blake and I were joking about the TPS sensor. Someone takes the internet a little too seriously.

My troubles started with the TPS within a few DAYS of getting it sent to the shop. I just find it absolutely astounding that you immediately knew what the problem was with the TPS after the fact. A simple heads up of "Hey, we replaced the TPS and that appears to have cured the problem. But if it starts happening again, you probably have a bad ground." or something, instead of me thinking you sold me a janked part.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Holy unrelated post batman.

The GTO sounds nice, when you start working on something fast, let me know.
Granted you work on something that is about .500 second faster than what that GTO will probably run, but I work on something that is about 1.1seconds faster than yours.

Last edited by Ponyhntr; 09-26-2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Granted you work on something that is about .500 second faster than what that GTO will probably run, but I work on something that is about 1.1seconds faster than yours.
F/C or T/F and who? (I don't not believe you, I'm just curious, as much as I like working on the bikes, I like big *** Hemis on nitro better ).

I wasn't trying to be a smart *** up there, his brushoff just rubbed me wrong.

Drew, that thread isn't technically the problem you had anyway. You had a FUBAR'd optima that wasn't running correctly under load causing voltage issues, not a bad ground connection.

Unfortunately, the new TPS that was installed was whacked up and was pulling the ground on that 5V reference circuit down, and messing up MAP and a bunch of other sensors that share that circuit. They all feed off of a PCM referenced + and ground, which is sent directly from the PCM; these are independent of chassis grounds (if the PCM has ground/power, these do as a function of that), as they are differential voltages, and thus need a "two wire bus" style of power. They do this to eliminate ground loop and differential voltages between ground points due to voltage induced by all the nice things in the engine bay. It basically helps resolution on the sensors.

But hey, what do I know, I'm not an engineer or anything.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 09-26-2007 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:59 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GMMillwright

YES THE DID SCOTT. I KNOW, BECAUSE I WENT AND PICKED THEM UP.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:09 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
F/C or T/F and who? (I don't not believe you, I'm just curious, as much as I like working on the bikes, I like big *** Hemis on nitro better ).

I wasn't trying to be a smart *** up there, his brushoff just rubbed me wrong.
Mostly AA/FC. I've worked for Cruz Pedregon and Del Worsham in the past, but now I just help out anyone that needs it part time-mostly with Jack Wyatt.

No problem man, just ribbin ya!
Old 09-26-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

this site should be called days of our lives.....
Old 09-26-2007, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

When is that nitrous going on V-Lee?
Old 09-26-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Mostly AA/FC. I've worked for Cruz Pedregon and Del Worsham in the past, but now I just help out anyone that needs it part time-mostly with Jack Wyatt.

No problem man, just ribbin ya!
Fun fun, a friend of the family that's involved with DSR offered to put me to work doing something there (there's plenty of crap that needs done, as I'm sure you're familiar with), but my schedule won't allow it anytime soon, so I'm sticking with the bikes, as there is only an 8 race schedule, and I can pull it off with 4 day weekends.

An old friend of mine was a HUGE Worsham fan. I was glad to see him doing pretty well this season.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

LOL never asked me for a refund
Believe me I would have taken it back If I was contacted.

Do you not think that wise a$$ remarks would not be answered just because we are a sponsor.

never called back stating the problem was persisting...
we have always stood behind our work and would have if given the oppertunity.

As for getting something fast... you are really way off here Blake

No Rants here just paying attention to the facts

That Spiderman Bike is Fast as Hell I saw it run 5.99 @ the pro stock superbowl like 6 or 7 years ago it was like 35* out everything was fast
pretty cool really
Old 09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I asked Jake about it because it was his sensor and he kind of brushed it off and probably made a reference to the race Z06 you guys are building. So I figured my money was long gone. So why won't you take it back now? We put it back in the box Jake gave me and it's been a pretty decent paper weight.

Yeah, because I'm going to call back and have you guys fix something that you threw parts at and then probably charge me 70 dollars an hour for labor. Or, I can have Blake come look at it, figure it out in under an hour and I pay him back in mountain dew and pizza.

I didn't bring it up specifically because like I said earlier, Bob, Jake and Tony went out of their way to help me out and you guys gave me a pretty good deal on a street tune. So, I really kinda bit it and just didn't complain much. Like Blake pointed out earlier, the TPS comments were made in mostly good humor but you decided to flip out and attack me personally. But that's cool, don't you have work to do? I have to check my gamer rating.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL never asked me for a refund
Believe me I would have taken it back If I was contacted.

Do you not think that wise a$$ remarks would not be answered just because we are a sponsor.

never called back stating the problem was persisting...
we have always stood behind our work and would have if given the oppertunity.

As for getting something fast... you are really way off here Blake

No Rants here just paying attention to the facts

That Spiderman Bike is Fast as Hell I saw it run 5.99 @ the pro stock superbowl like 6 or 7 years ago it was like 35* out everything was fast
pretty cool really
It's went 5.80 on less then a full pull before.

I was giving you **** on the getting something fast remark, I'm fully aware of how fast that type of car should go. It was a ribbing, not a slam.

He did ask for a refund, perhaps he just didn't ask you directly. Drew, care to chime in? -edit; nevermind, he beat me to the punch.

As far as expecting you not to answer wise *** remarks; I'd fire or at least reprimand any of my employees found to be acting out of line on a forum. Anything they do with the company title in their name directly reflects upon the company. I wouldn't stand for it, but perhaps I'm just a hard guy to work for.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azar
...I pay him back in mountain dew and pizza.
Pizza?? When the hell did I get pizza?

I want some damned PIZZA.

Oh, and add me to your gamer list if you have XBOX Live Drew; I'm Digitalsolo (go figure).
Old 09-26-2007, 12:10 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

jezz, what happen to this thread? me and nate are headed down to memphis in a couple of weeks guys, i would like to take a certain car, but i think pre-testing in a week will determine that.

bob, which class you guys running?

Quick Reply: Fort Wayne Nasty's Bait Shop crowd