Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Central Illinois Hooters Gathering Sunday June 24th

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Central Illinois Hooters Gathering Sunday June 24th

Well, it's official...Hooters gathering on the 24th in Bloomington. We will meet up at Hooters at 2pm. The address is 409 N. Hershey Rd. It is pretty easy to get to. Hooters is right off of route 9 on the right if you are headed towards the airport (east). Either end of Veteran's Parkway will get you to route 9. Shoot me a pm if you need directions.

There will be 2 spots to meet up before hand if you want to cruise up together. 1 will be at Lowe's in East Peoria (I believe) and the other will be at the Shell in Goodfield. I will be at the Goodfield spot at 1:15 until everyone shows and plan to roll out at 1:30. Some others will be heading up the other meeting spot and can confirm the location and post up the arrival and departure times.

I met with the GM today and went over the details. We will have the whole front lot roped off...a total of 25 spots. Lets try to fill all of these spots up. The main entrance will be roped off, just go around behind the building to access the front lot. Also, bring your cameras. There will be photo opportunities with your cars and the lovely Hooter's gals.

I don't think this even has to be said, but we are all adults...lets act like it (at least on their property). This means no burnouts and such. I would like to make a good impression and have a really good turnout. If this works out, then I would like to plan at least 2 of these a year.

On a side note...the GM loved the whole Mid Illinois F-bodies. I couldn't, however, talk him into putting MILF on the sign out front.

If you are in the area and don't make any other gathering...make it to this one. Let's make Bloomington think they are being invaded by fbodies.

Nick

Last edited by Harley-Davidson88; 06-14-2007 at 07:23 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Harley-Davidson88
Well, it's official...Hooters gathering on the 24th in Bloomington. We will meet up at Hooters at 2pm. The address is 409 N. Hershey Rd. It is pretty easy to get to. Hooters is right off of route 9 on the right if you are headed towards the airport (east). Either end of Veteran's Parkway will get you to route 9. Shoot me a pm if you need directions.

There will be 2 spots to meet up before hand if you want to cruise up together. 1 will be at Lowe's in East Peoria (I believe) and the other will be at the Shell in Goodfield. I will be at the Goodfield spot at 1:15 until everyone shows and plan to roll out at 1:30. Some others will be heading up the other meeting spot and can confirm the location and post up the arrival and departure times.

I met with the GM today and went over the details. We will have the whole front lot roped off...a total of 25 spots. Lets try to fill all of these spots up. The main entrance will be roped off, just go around behind the building to access the front lot. Also, bring your cameras. There will be photo opportunities with your cars and the lovely Hooter's gals.

I don't think this even has to be said, but we are all adults...lets act like it (at least on their property). This means no burnouts and such. I would like to make a good impression and have a really good turnout. If this works out, then I would like to plan at least 2 of these a year.

On a side note...the GM loved the whole Mid Illinois F-bodies. I couldn't, however, talk him into putting MILF on the sign out front.

If you are in the area and don't make any other gathering...make it to this one. Let's make Bloomington think they are being invaded by fbodies.

Nick

What!!?? No burnouts OR MILF sign?? I better see some big cans bro.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dantastic01SS
What!!?? No burnouts OR MILF sign?? I better see some big cans bro.
Bloomington Hooters always has top-notch "scenery". I almost didn't want to leave after what I saw this afternoon. Unless they have a team of second string girls scheduled...I guarantee you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

Good, I'll try and skip my "wicked nap" that day.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good, I'll try and skip my "wicked nap" that day.
I would highly advise that Daly.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome...cant wait
Old 06-15-2007, 07:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds good. I'll post up for the gathering in E. Peoria at Lowes. Also I'm wanting to get some shots of the cars for Steve to work on our logo. Harley-D Lets start looking at some dates at Byron or other strips. Thanks, Ken
Old 06-15-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
Sounds good. I'll post up for the gathering in E. Peoria at Lowes. Also I'm wanting to get some shots of the cars for Steve to work on our logo. Harley-D Lets start looking at some dates at Byron or other strips. Thanks, Ken
I always like to keep the track days toward the end of the driving season. There is usually cooler air and if you break something, you're not missing out on a lot of events. That's just my personal opinion. If a lot of people want to hit up the track here soon, I would still be down. I also like Cordova. From what I have gathered, they don't usually get as crowded as some of the tracks near Chicago. Steve could shed some more light on this. He has been to a lot more tracks than I have.

Here is my quick attempt at a logo. Maybe it would work better as a club T-shirt.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...son88/milf.gif
Old 06-15-2007, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Damn DOD Computers don't allow me to view photobucket you could email it to me at kenneth.steele1@us.army.mil
Old 06-15-2007, 09:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Should I bring the car and set a bucket in the engine bay for donations?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:54 AM
12 Second Club

Sure Why not
Old 06-15-2007, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like this is going to be a hell of a time. Looking forward to it! Are the people meeting at lowes going to meet the people in goodfield on the way or just be seperate? Ken or Nick let me know.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Some of us will start off up north by Lacon, Cruise to E. Peoria Lowe's then to Goodfield to meet up with the rest of the bunch.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
Some of us will start off up north by Lacon, Cruise to E. Peoria Lowe's then to Goodfield to meet up with the rest of the bunch.
I'll meet yall at Lowes. We should identify everyone who's supposed to be meeting up at what spot. That way if someone's running late or something, we can get ahold of them and nobody will get left out.

Hey Nick, the T-shirt would be better with "Mid-Illinois F-Bodys" on back. Leaves people guessing.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey Nick, the T-shirt would be better with "Mid-Illinois F-Bodys" on back. Leaves people guessing.
It's all still in the concept phase,
Old 06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Steve Burger
Should I bring the car and set a bucket in the engine bay for donations?
Sure...need me to stop by and help push it on the trailer? Although you probably have it down pat after your trips up north.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:03 PM
9 Second Club

Well I should be all good by then..... New driveshaft came in today so I will ahve to slap it in after work.

I will probably meet up at Lowes as that is on the way to Goodfield for me.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

Heck, Steve should be able just to roll it out of the garage right on to the trailer. Its on a slight hill. Shouldn't be a problem.

Nick, The shirt looks good. How about I heart MILF's on the Front with the Girl and on the back a big group photo of the Cars w/ Mid-Illinois F-bodys above the cars?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Email sent out. Please get with me with where your meeting up and a contact number. Thanks,
Ken
Old 06-15-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I should be good to go for this. I guess I can keep my car together long enough for this gathering, but I am itching to get the incon kit put on.

As for track days I like cordova myself, and their friday night test/tunes are usually decent and the air is cooler.

Quick Reply: Central Illinois Hooters Gathering Sunday June 24th