Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone up for US41 on Friday the 23rd?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone up for US41 on Friday the 23rd?

Heading over there on Friday night and wouldn't mind seeing a few others run as well.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i get my shift points changed & rev limiter upped by then, i would like to see what the new car can do! right now if floored when it shifts it hits the rev limiter
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine are off as well. It hits the rev limiter twice on the 2-3 shift at WOT each time. Was going to have it done before then but figured why not wait until the HC swap this winter. The cheapest I could find someone to tune it was for $175 just for the shift points. I considered it but it seems like too much just to do it all over again in a few months.

Just going to have some fun and was hoping to see what some other cars do. The track was prepped well two weeks ago when I was there. Not many people so you can run as much as you want.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

I might consider it this friday. Id like to see if I could hit the 12 mark
Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

Do you know for sure that they will be open on friday? On their website it says that the rightful owner has control of the place again but it doesnt have a date that they will be racing again.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:35 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Why even bother with that place? Wait until they grow up and get their act together. Now I know why they call it street car chaos, it's now just CHAOS! Go to the Grove or Byron and I'm game.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

ill be in.
Heymoej.... im off all this week, so let me know when a good time for you is.

sorry bout this weekend, I didnt this it woyuld be a good idea to test WOT in the rain.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

They were open a week ago and the week before that. I agree that they need to get their act together, but I just threw it out there to see if anyone else wants in. They are open as of now.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Your crazy to support that place untill Denny is running the show again and that POS Norm Nevinger III is behind bars where he belongs.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brief Encounter
ill be in.
Heymoej.... im off all this week, so let me know when a good time for you is.

sorry bout this weekend, I didnt this it woyuld be a good idea to test WOT in the rain.
cool let me know!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Launching!

I have HP TUNERS for 00 & 01 camaro/firebirds... I will change your rev limiters for alot cheaper than 175.00, and word has it, the rightful owners have the track back, but no word on the condition of the track just yet... check out their website...
Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

If your cars are automatics and your hitting the limiter on the 2-3 shift you most likely need some trans work done. Raising the limiter isnt going to fix the problem.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by maddboost
If your cars are automatics and your hitting the limiter on the 2-3 shift you most likely need some trans work done. Raising the limiter isnt going to fix the problem.
i just put in 373 gears,had 273 & a new stage 2 tranny with a 3200 stahl, heads & cam so i am hoping i just need a little dialing in?
Old 08-21-2007, 12:05 AM
On The Tree

He has got a 98, and I have unlimited VIN's for that year.

And pretty soon ill have My UEGO too.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JD1969
Your crazy to support that place untill Denny is running the show again and that POS Norm Nevinger III is behind bars where he belongs.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Why even bother with that place? Wait until they grow up and get their act together. Now I know why they call it street car chaos, it's now just CHAOS! Go to the Grove or Byron and I'm game.
Are you *****? Street car chaos had NOTHING to do with this incident....Norm tried to pull some ***** and ***** everything up....and since it was just that "*****" , he didn't get away with it and its going back to normal....the track has improved 500% over the past couple years....

Last edited by LASTLS1; 08-21-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cpd004
They were open a week ago and the week before that. I agree that they need to get their act together, but I just threw it out there to see if anyone else wants in. They are open as of now.
You must be LASTLS1's cousin....get what act together? 41 is a badass track now...did you not read the bullshit that went on? it had nothing to do with the real owners/operator...no **** it looks bad for the track to have to deal with this....but those ***** vandalized it and robbed the place clean!!! So if by "getting their act together", I hope you realize they're installing a timing system, buying new radios, and **** like that......
Old 08-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the track was never "top notch" even when Denny was running it, or even comparable to GLD or RT 66 (I've never been to Byron, so I don't know how nice it is) The timing system was fucked up before Norm stole the ****. If you ran in the right lane, your time was about 4-5 mph higher than the left. We tested it with over a half dozen cars. Hopefully they fix the timing system, clean up the pits and return road, fix the bleachers so someone doesn't fall through them again, and hire a plumber for the bathrooms. the last time I was there I needed a pair of flippers and a snorkel just to go in there and take a **** because the place was so flooded.

It's okay Adam. I know it is hard to see when your lips are firmly attached to Denny's nuts and all you can see is **** in front of you
Old 08-21-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

You must be LASTLS1's cousin....get what act together? 41 is a badass track now...did you not read the bullshit that went on? it had nothing to do with the real owners/operator...no **** it looks bad for the track to have to deal with this....but those ***** vandalized it and robbed the place clean!!! So if by "getting their act together", I hope you realize they're installing a timing system, buying new radios, and **** like that......

Slow down...I like it there and thats why I started this thread to go there. I'm no ones cousin around here.

By my statement that they need to get there act together is just for them to get more organized and means nothing else. I see thats been happening in the last few weeks. I know they went through a lot and I'm fine with it. I didn't realize there were so many people around here who'd rather whine then go racing. And still others who MUST BE RELATED TO THEM that they know every last detail about these peoples lives who are doing no more than trying to run a business.

I figured it'd be a good place to run and since things are kind of slow there, you can run practiaclly all night with minimal waiting. I'd like to see a few more cars run....thats all.

LS1BADZ, I look forward to seeing you there on friday.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Regular

Matt....did you end up getting the MTS logo on your lower back?

cpd004, by you saying "they need to get their act together" you're knocking the wrong people, the track was taken over shotgun style...go to www.streetcarchaos.net or www.us41dragway.com and read up on the details.... 41 is better now than it has been for YEARS.....and yes you can run all night....well until 10pm

Quick Reply: Anyone up for US41 on Friday the 23rd?