Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
That's not too early to toss a few back man. We could always wait until a couple of hours into the install then break open some beers . We need to go out for some food and drinks afterwards though. I would be more than happy to buy a few pitchers of beer for everyone who helps. If people want to drink a few during the day I can pick some up as well. Just let me know if anyone wants me to bring any and what flavor you want.
Just a couple months left untill i can...legally.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Anybody in Ames fight a ticket???

So I have a question. I have a ticket for 45 in a 35. I just had my estimate done after being hit... $2600 so i was pissed and 24 minutes later (the estimate had the time on it) i get pulled over. I plan on getting as much time as possible and then requesting written defense.

how do i check know if the officer had me on radar? (EDIT: it says Speed (radar 50)
how do i come up with a story so im Innocent?

Because i was going faster than the rest of traffic but i was on a four lane just coming out of a fairly good corner coming up on a stop sign... Any help cause I can't have this stick.

on my ticket it doesnt have anything filled in under Height and weight.
My vehicle description is (Blk Pont Trans Am) for example wuts to leave them from putting (red chev Z06) just thinkin

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/776950-get-ticket.html
Old 11-26-2007, 08:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
Andy, i like coors light, or michelobe golden light.
Cool man, I will buy it if you drink it .

Chromeplated, can't offer you any help on the ticket man. Sounds like you will have to man up and pay the fine. Sorry about the bad luck though.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Chromeplated, if you want to make a run @ getting out of it, you better hire a lawyer. Making up a story for the judge will not work! If you get it knocked down to 9 over, it won't count against you.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by M6WS6
Well, I was hoping a few while doing the install, but 10 might be early for that, especially that early after a Friday night.
You my friend need to be introduced to true tailgating Where its cold in the air and the beer in your hand is cold as well at 6:00AM
Old 11-27-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chromeplated500
Anybody in Ames fight a ticket???

So I have a question. I have a ticket for 45 in a 35. I just had my estimate done after being hit... $2600 so i was pissed and 24 minutes later (the estimate had the time on it) i get pulled over. I plan on getting as much time as possible and then requesting written defense.

how do i check know if the officer had me on radar? (EDIT: it says Speed (radar 50)
how do i come up with a story so im Innocent?

Because i was going faster than the rest of traffic but i was on a four lane just coming out of a fairly good corner coming up on a stop sign... Any help cause I can't have this stick.

on my ticket it doesnt have anything filled in under Height and weight.
My vehicle description is (Blk Pont Trans Am) for example wuts to leave them from putting (red chev Z06) just thinkin

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776950
So were you going the speed listed (or did the officer "knock" the speed down)? If so there isnt much you can do, just watch your speed, expecially here in ames. I usually go 5 over, which is actually slower then the flow of traffic. I have learned my lesson (twice) for speeding. If you werent speeding and have some sort of proof of it or proof where you couldnt tell your speed or abstracting buildings, then id get a lawyer and discuss it with him. Otherwise i see about driving school to get it off your record.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Darkhalf
You my friend need to be introduced to true tailgating Where its cold in the air and the beer in your hand is cold as well at 6:00AM
Oh I know, Ive been getting up early tailgating for 4 years now..... I live for it, love it, and will continue to do it. Halftime runs are great too.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Cool man, I will buy it if you drink it .
I love beer, I love trying all the crazy foreign ****, domestics etc. Still drink some of the cheaper beers as well, but thats usually when I plan on passing out later. Dont want to chug and waste a good beer.

If someone else is buying, I drink that beer
Im thinking I will make it this weekend. I forgot my work gloves at home, might have to go get some before the work begins. I cut my hands up pretty decent when I did my intake removal on my buddies and mine, and putting his back in wasnt any different.....
Old 11-27-2007, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Gloves are extreamly useful...expecially trying to pull peices of the exhaust while it is still hot..
Old 11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
9 Second Club

Trevor, hope you can make it man.

Just so you all know, I have the LS6 intake to install and if we have time and people want to , I have a DMH electric motor to install on my manual cutout, and also have some relocation brackets that should be here this week. If we can, and people are up for it, I would like to get this all done on Saturday. If we just want to stick to the intake that is fine as well. Just let me know what everyone thinks. I will pick up a couple of cases of beer for the day. Golden light for Rodney and whoever else wants to drink it, and maybe some Bud Light? If someone wants something different let me know. I am looking forward to meeting some new people.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:04 PM
11 Second Club

Andy, we can put the car up on jack stands all around, and me and you can tackle the relo brackets and cutout motor, and nate and whoever else could tackle the intake, if they want to do that. Sounds like a plan to me. Then im joining darkhalf in one of them nice chairs, with a few beers!!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Everything sounds good by me. I have to drive to Madison wisconson on sunday. I have been looking at the weather, and it looks like mother nature might try raining on our parade. I don't know if I will be going out with you guys later that night though, due to a nice 5+ hour drive in snow the next day.
P.S. I don't drink beer, I like the hard stuff
Nate-
Old 11-27-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys, there's a storm system capable of produce a good amount of snow that they say is delevoping over the weekend..we will see what happends.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:44 PM
9 Second Club

From what I have heard Saturday during the day should be alright. It is supposed to get kind of nasty later Saturday night though. Of course, these things can change. If it is shitty during the day or Friday night, then my car wont be coming out. Let's hope for the best though.

Nate, what do you want me to bring for you to drink? I too am a fan of hard liquor. Just don't want to get annihilated in an hour and a half. I have trouble pacing myself when I drink hard stuff, haha.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

With all the liquor talking on here you guys will be lucky to get the intake bolted on facing the right direction! LOL, have fun guys.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by caged02
With all the liquor talking on here you guys will be lucky to get the intake bolted on facing the right direction! LOL, have fun guys.
Same this is going to happen when you replace the clutch in your car :p
"Jason, grab me a 10mm errr beer"
Old 11-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

Don't worry about me for alcohol. If I drink, nothing gets done...
Last time I drank the goal was to put a transmission in my friends 2wd truck. We where in the garage for 7 hours or so for what should be a 2 hour job, tops. In those 7 hours, the transmission got moved from in front of his truck, to the side of his truck to be my foot rest while we sat back in the chairs and bs'ed the night away.
Just right now it looks like mother nature might take over. Just have to wait and see.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah its looking ugly. But hey at least the beer will still be cold
Old 11-28-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Darkhalf
Yeah its looking ugly. But hey at least the beer will still be cold

lol, i like your way of thinking...
Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 PM
9 Second Club

Hey, it better not get too ugly. Otherwise the car is not coming over to play . I hope it is atleast nice enough to get the car over there though.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?