Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking 20% in the morning, 40% in the afternoon, 60% in the evening, of course that all can change in a matter of minutes. I plan on being there.

RedRocket you needing any last minute parts for the swap? You got everything I'm assuming?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I think I got everything for the install. Do I need anything special for the intake swap?
Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Yeah, we will have to watch the weather. Snow blows, and I really need to look at moving further south since our snowmobiles are sold. All my activities depend on nice weather....
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Launching!

Reminds me, I need to get my bike to storage....
Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Yeah I think I got everything for the install. Do I need anything special for the intake swap?
I sent you a PM.

Also may want to consider doing the TB Bypass mod as well if you haven't already.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Launching!

Not looking good for Saturday boys........Already winter storm advisory.....

I need to move south
Old 11-29-2007, 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

Well I can have the car over there in AM whenever. I will find a way to make it home after we get done. I just have to drive over by 2nd Avenue to get the car in its winter resting place. Let me know what you all think. If we want to cancel that is fine, but don't worry about me or my car. I want people to be able to make it safely. I just have to drive the car across DSM a bit and that is all. A little ice and snow once wont hurt it .

OK, if this is a go on Saturday can we just grind down the ribs on my LS6 intake to clear the coolant lines? Also, can we get the old intake off without breaking the oil pressure sending unit? I was going to pick one up just in case but I may not get around to it before Saturday. I figure with all the knowledgeable people there we could get the intake out without breaking it .

Last edited by RedRocketZ28; 11-29-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
11 Second Club

i dont think im going to make it. Looks like freezing rain on saturday during the day, so probably not going to venture out. We will see what it brings though.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah I figured you would puss out. Just kidding bro. I wouldn't drive that far either in the weather we are supposed to get. We will have to see what Saturday brings though. It really doesn't matter to me whether we do it or not this weekend. If people still want to and are willing to venture out in the weather, then I am all for it. If not, there is always another time if the weather is nice enough to get the car out.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

talk **** all you want ******!!!! LOL, anyhow. We will see what i brings brother.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, looks like its going to get harsh..dont really have to worry about getting stuck in snow due to my extra weight and 4x4 but that ice doesnt look to friendly. They moved it from saturday night to early saturday starting tommorow with the percepitation..Dont think im heading home this weekend..
Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Weather Channel moved all the weather to Sat. morning....Not sure if I will be venturing out if it is going to start early. Could either get stuck, in an accident, or stranded. Hell, if this weather goes as it says, all of the above. If the install is still planned i will wait to make a final decision, but Im not going to lie, it aint looking good.

There, I think I found all the appropriate smilies. Mother nature in all cases is the one usually doing the damage. Place yourself in the other smilies position

Sorry if all your computers crash and you loose you hard drive due to my smilie whoring. Im ready for work to be done, and have very little motivation today....

Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah if people still want to do the install let me know. I will be there if people are ready for it . I guess we could wait until tonight to make a final decision and see what the weather is "supposed" to do.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

From WHOtv "For Friday our high was 35 early but a cold front has cooled us down quite a bit during the early morning hours. Sunny and cold for the rest of today with breezy NW winds at 10-20mph.

For Saturday, a Winter Storm Watch is in effect for the entire state. There will be a chance for some snow early Saturday...but depending on how warm it can get, the metro will be more concerned with freezing rain eventually changing to all rain. Still, ice accumulations up to half an inch are possible on Saturday. Snowfall accumulations will be more significant north of Highway 20, but precipitation lingering into Sunday could change its way back to snow across the entire state.

It will be a messy weekend with difficult travel on Saturday especially north of I-80, so if you have any last minutes errands, try to get them done today".

Isnt going to be pretty, probably not a good idea for rodney to drive down..
Old 11-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
For Saturday, a Winter Storm Watch is in effect for the entire state. There will be a chance for some snow early Saturday...but depending on how warm it can get, the metro will be more concerned with freezing rain eventually changing to all rain. Still, ice accumulations up to half an inch are possible on Saturday. Snowfall accumulations will be more significant north of Highway 20, but precipitation lingering into Sunday could change its way back to snow across the entire state.

It will be a messy weekend with difficult travel on Saturday especially north of I-80, so if you have any last minutes errands, try to get them done today".

I not positive where Rodney lives(Iowa city area if Im correct), but I'm roughly 40 miles North in Ames(mapquest/google map to the garage, and says 40 miles) so it will be weather dependent. I'm open to come down, I just dont need to get myself into trouble weather wise like I stated earlier. Your right though Shinigami2x4 (can not remember your name, I'm not good with them,especially if I have not yet met you. All I know is Rodney and Andy for names. Nate comes to mind?), it doesn't look like a pretty drive.

If this doesn't work, we will need to either schedual a new time to do it. If some of you still get it installed, we will need to plan a day/night for another hang out. I missed the first install because I couldnt be around, missed the drag racing because of a football game, and could miss this now for weather.

Last edited by M6WS6; 11-30-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:02 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
I know it's not a good idea for him to drive down. There are still people in the Metro area that are going to be there. I am just waiting on them to see what they think. Makes no difference to me what we do on Saturday. I am up for anything though.

For what it's worth, channel 5 blows. KCCI is where it's at .
Old 11-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Launching!

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO SPREAD RAPIDLY NORTHEAST THROUGH CENTRAL IOWA ON SATURDAY MORNING. THE SNOW IS FORECAST TO QUICKLY SWITCH TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN IN SOUTHERN INTO CENTRAL IOWA...MAINLY SOUTH OF HIGHWAY 20 DURING THE MORNING HOURS. SOME LIGHT SNOW AMOUNTS OF AN INCH OR TWO ARE POSSIBLE BEFORE THE TRANSITION. OTHERWISE... FREEZING RAIN MIXED AT TIMES WITH SLEET IS EXPECTED TO PERSIST INTO THE AFTERNOON. SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE POSSIBLE DURING THIS TIME WITH ONE QUARTER TO ONE HALF INCH OF ICE. THIS WILL LIKELY MAKE TRAVEL VERY DIFFICULT. IN ADDITION.... STRONG EAST TO SOUTHEAST WINDS MAY COMPOUND PROBLEMS BY BREAKING BRANCHES WEIGHED DOWN BY ICE. A CHANGE TO RAIN WILL OCCUR OVER FAR SOUTHERN IOWA BY EARLY AFTERNOON. THIS TRANSITION ZONE IS FORECAST TO MOVE NORTHWARD DURING THE AFTERNOON AND WILL LIKELY BE NEAR THE HIGHWAY 30 CORRIDOR BY EARLY EVENING. THIS MAY HELP TO ALLEVIATE PROBLEMS BY EARLY EVENING.

ADDITIONAL MINOR ACCUMULATIONS OF LIGHT FREEZING RAIN MAY OCCUR SATURDAY NIGHT AS THE STORM EXITS THE AREA INTO THE GREAT LAKES SUNDAY MORNING.

THE POTENTIAL FOR ICE STORM CONDITIONS EXISTS WITH THIS STORM. GLAZING IN COMBINATION WITH BRISK SOUTHEAST WINDS GUSTING FROM 20 TO 35 MPH COULD PRODUCE SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES AND DOWNED TREES. A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS AND NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PRODUCTS.

Just got worse.

Im a post ***** today, I NEED TO LEAVE WORK!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Andy, when are you getting your car there?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah if the roads are wet in the morning, I will be more than glad to drive up to Nate's place, but if there is a hint of ice, my fanny is going to be parked on the computer chair like it will be for most of the weekend. I have about a 15-20 minute drive to Nate's place for me anyways.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by M6WS6
Andy, when are you getting your car there?
I can get the car there whenever. The sooner the better it sounds like. Shall we just postpone it to another date anyway? Let me know what everyone wants to do.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?