Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Screamer27
Congrats Joel!!
I don't know when I'm going to pop the question yet.

The end of April isn't going to work for me for FLP. I've been talking to Mitch at FLP and I think I'm going either the 4th or 7th of April. Plus Tristan (90 GMC Sierra LQ4 6.0 powered) is riding with me out there.

Early April works for me scheduling wise. I just don't trust the weather this winter enough to try it that early.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Those look sweet man.
Originally Posted by M6WS6
Looks nice!
Thanks!!! I'm ready to get some other goodies now!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstang
Thanks!!! I'm ready to get some other goodies now!
I'm ready to get a cam in my car, just think it is wiser to save some money up instead of spending it all when it comes in, haha. Next fall for sure I will be ordering a new cam though. Of course I could start buying some of the parts now . We will see.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:03 PM
11 Second Club

Well Andy, atleast you will be able to ride in a few semi fast cars I think im going to FLP after I get mine tuned in the way i want it, and am going to do wide open tun eon the dyno, to find max timing. You can probably head up there with me if you want too.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:28 PM
9 Second Club

Sounds like a plan Rodney. I wouldn't mind tagging along at all. Although you did scare the **** out of me the time you did take me for a ride in your car. I can only imagine what it will be like riding with you in a 400+ RWHP car. I think I will wear my helmet, haha.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

LMFAO!!!!!! No need dude. I got this **** under control!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Where is this FLP? Depending on where and when you go, might tag along, either in my car or with you guys just for fun. My car is tuned already.
What do you all have done to your car again Rodney that your scared the **** out of Andy? Or is it just your driving/controling it
Old 01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

Hey M6WS6, that's a very sharp ride you have. Where exactly are you from in Iowa? How do you like your spec 3?? I'm finally installing my 3+. After reading all these bad reviews on spec I've been scared to install it.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 3fourty6
Hey M6WS6, that's a very sharp ride you have. Where exactly are you from in Iowa? How do you like your spec 3?? I'm finally installing my 3+. After reading all these bad reviews on spec I've been scared to install it.

Thanks! You too if that is your car in your avator. IM a senior at ISU in Ames, originally from Sheldon, home is now Spirit Lake when not in school. I think all of us in this thread are from somewhere in Iowa if I am not mistaken.

I had heard some too when I looked around. I have not yet had any problems, nor have any of my friends who have them. I dont have alot of miles on it, maybe 3500-4000 or so since I did my motor install. Actually could be more...Cant remember what the number of miles on my car when I did the install. Have it at home somewhere. It could be more than that, maybe 5-6??? Anyway, holding up fine!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by M6WS6
Thanks! You too if that is your car in your avator. IM a senior at ISU in Ames, originally from Sheldon, home is now Spirit Lake when not in school. I think all of us in this thread are from somewhere in Iowa if I am not mistaken.

Hey, do you happen to know Kelsey Kaizer? She's from up in the North West Iowa area (Arnold's Park) and plays basketball for Drake.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:39 PM
11 Second Club

M6WS6, It was neither what I have in my car, or my control of it. The road we were on has numerous small bumps close together, and the *** end of the car started to get a litle loose and slide around abit around 90. Andy was shitting his pants, but trust you me, I had that **** under control. Run down that road about once a week when the weather is nice, even more when Im tuning. Its where i do my WOT tuning at, little to no cars, and never a single cop. Leads out to the airport here in CR.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
M6WS6, It was neither what I have in my car, or my control of it. The road we were on has numerous small bumps close together, and the *** end of the car started to get a litle loose and slide around abit around 90. Andy was shitting his pants, but trust you me, I had that **** under control. Run down that road about once a week when the weather is nice, even more when Im tuning. Its where i do my WOT tuning at, little to no cars, and never a single cop. Leads out to the airport here in CR.
Ahhhhhh, makes sense. THe little I know andy, he has always come off as a wuss. j/k Andy. Its always differenct when you are not behind the wheel.
You still getting on MSN? I havent touched it in ages, prolly since the last time I talked to you there.

Originally Posted by Eric91Z
Hey, do you happen to know Kelsey Kaizer? She's from up in the North West Iowa area (Arnold's Park) and plays basketball for Drake.

I do not think so. Name sounds familiar though. Im guessing I heard of her from sports then if she was in HS the same time I was. My fiance played basketball for Sheldon in HS. Name does sound familiar, but I dont think I know her.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 PM
9 Second Club

Hey now, not cool man. I'm no wuss, haha. It is a very different experience not being behind the wheel. Even bolt on cars feel fast as hell when you aren't driving. I trusted Rodney, but still was a little nervous. He sure can drive the **** out of his car though. He still isn't quite as good as me however, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You know I'm kidding Rodney.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Launching!

Hey now, not cool man. I'm no wuss, haha. It is a very different experience not being behind the wheel. Even bolt on cars feel fast as hell when you aren't driving. I trusted Rodney, but still was a little nervous. He sure can drive the **** out of his car though. .
Sorry, I had too. you know Im JK. Yea, I think I said that too, being in the passenger seat is a totally different feeling. I let my dad drive a few times. Always feels faster from the passenger side than it does form the drivers side for some reason.

He still isn't quite as good as me however, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You know I'm kidding Rodney.
I sense a race......

As I sit here, I still have not met any of you. Weather puts a damper on us car guys getting out like that. My life will be a lot more crazy too starting next week with school starting again...
Old 01-09-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

We should get a club clash put together with the ls1gto.com crew @ CFR or even TriState. Show those boys what LS1s are capable of...
Old 01-09-2008, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Unstang
We should get a club clash put together with the ls1gto.com crew @ CFR or even TriState. Show those boys what LS1s are capable of...
Show what boys, the Gto boys or the rednecks up there?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

LOL. Tristate is miles better then CFR. Im hoping to be in the 11's full weight after the heads and cam. Nothing to special, but also not to shabby.......
Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
LOL. Tristate is miles better then CFR. Im hoping to be in the 11's full weight after the heads and cam. Nothing to special, but also not to shabby.......
When are you doing heads and cam? What setup are you going with? Do you have a lot of other mods done to your car?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

Hey man, nope, I dont have **** done to the car. As far as where i am doing heads/cam at, i would have to guess in Des Moines at nates house this spring. Currently I have heads, flowmaster 40 series dumped, a lid, 4.10s, lca relo brackets and I tuned it. Ran a 12.90 at 110 on street tires. I currently have here to put on, TSP ported LS6 heads milled to 58cc chambers. 226/230 .612/.588 on a 111+1 LSA cam, springs and pushrods, lifters, lifter trays, Oil Pump, t-stat, comp. engineering rear drag shocks, and double adjustable LCA's.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

Cool, you got your work cut out for you. I'll be anxious to see it, that cam has a lot of lift with not much duration.
Well, I went out to Lowe's last night and purchased a propane heater for my garage since it doesn't look like it is ever going to warm up anytime soon. I tried it out and it works great! I have a ton of work to do to my car and am anxious to get started on it, so now I have no excuse. A friend of mine is coming over Saturday morning to help me with my clutch install. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?