Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it ever going to warm up at all!!! I have so much to do to my car it's not even funny! I just purchased all ebony interior to put in my car. I have to put in my new clutch, get my GMMG exhaust on, still waiting on my custom made TTII rear wheels, get them painted, paint my cage black instead of orange, etc.............
I will be selling my tan interior out of my car, let me know if anyone needs anything.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

dude, car is serious already! Cant wait to see it after your done with the new round of changes!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hope everyone had a Happy Holidays. I think I drank enough alcohol on the 30th and 31st to tide me over for a long time, haha.

It is supposed to be in the 40's this weekend. Did you guys still plan on helping me with my installs? We need to figure out another date when everyone can make it and the car can come out. If only mid March/April could come sooner.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol, damn looks like you've come a really long way since I messed with ya on A Ave a few years back
Old 01-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Kinda excited for some warmer weather. Gives me some time to get the GMMG exhaust off and get ready to sell it.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Screamer27
Kinda excited for some warmer weather. Gives me some time to get the GMMG exhaust off and get ready to sell it.
Sell it???!!! Damn, I just bought mine from a member on here. Could have saved me a bundle on shipping. Why are you selling it?
Old 01-03-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by caged02
Sell it???!!! Damn, I just bought mine from a member on here. Could have saved me a bundle on shipping. Why are you selling it?
Too raspy!!!

If it gets over 40 this weekend, I'll mount the Bogarts & take some pics.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Staging Lane

I don't have cats anymore, and I really want a change. Also, about a year ago, I was driving it, and it a manhole cover with the cutout, It tore up the intermediate pipe. I contacted GMMG and got a new intermediate pipe. Well, I went to install it, and I don't know if it is the over the axle pipe or what, but i just can't get the tips to sit right, they are always facing the ground. I dicked with it for about an hour one day, and got it a little better but I have always had exhaust issues, and I am done fighting this car with exhaust. So I'm thinking magnaflow. The gmmg is prolly ok, Its like I can't get the intermediate pipe to go in the over the axle pipe far enough or something. I don't know, Just tired of dicking with it.

Still can't believe you got rid of that Nova. I saw it at Porky's once.

If anyone is interested in the GMMG, let me know and I can show you the issue with it. Plus I'll make you a helluva deal on it.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Unstang
Good luck with that. You'll learn that you'll just do it, even if if it isn't her idea of money well spent. Teasing!!!

I've been married for almost 4 years, buying Bogarts recently was the first real "cross eyed" look I have gotten for buying car stuff.
My fiancé is pretty good about it all. Work hard for the money, so she lets me spend it pretty well. It will change, it's inevitable, but I don’t see it getting out of hand. Wont be able to play quite as hard, but that’s why I played hard before that. Got my car sitting well, besides a new rear, all the other modifications can come at pace and are a huge bank breaker until I get everything changed. Im looking for a new bike I think first. Car is already plenty for the streets, will need to get to a track to justify more mods.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Screamer27
Yeah, I'm in the process of the expensive ring mod also. Finally finished paying on it, but haven't given it to her yet.
I feel yah, although I went and paid for it outright, so it really hurt at that point! I guess thats what my internship is for right now! I'm happy I did it, but dang do the questions come when its all done!

Originally Posted by whammer33024
hey guys...i just wanted to stop by and say whats up! i'm shane from clear lake...bout an hour north of ames. my gf is from des moines though and i'm pretty sure i've seen some of your cars around. i'm on a couple other sites and i was beginning to think i was the only guy in iowa with an f body, haha

Whats up. Plenty more LSX's around!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

glad to see you guys around! i'll try to get my car down in des moines this summer and maybe i'll run into a couple of you guys!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Hope everyone had a Happy Holidays. I think I drank enough alcohol on the 30th and 31st to tide me over for a long time, haha.

It is supposed to be in the 40's this weekend. Did you guys still plan on helping me with my installs? We need to figure out another date when everyone can make it and the car can come out. If only mid March/April could come sooner.
Oh god I drank too much this past week I had off. The New Years, WOW. Went to a Mexican Restraurant (and bar)back home Okoboji and they had dollar Corona's! Not a huge Corona Fan, but for a buck I was a HUGE Corona Fan. That started the night off early, 8 or so. Then we hit the bars later....Remember everythign which kicks ***, but damn, lots and lots of beer and liqour...

We can do the install yet, your eager for that install? You know you will Jinx us all again and we will get a huge snowfall. Seems when you try to get the snow removal stuff moved out and the toys in, it goes and ***** on you. IF we do the install and it snows again like it did, I will have your ***.....
Old 01-03-2008, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

what are ya installing now? i read through like 10 pages of this the other day and you installed the pacesetters and then i got bored with reading, haha. i will be of no help in installing but i always like to know what people are doing
Old 01-03-2008, 11:41 AM
9 Second Club

I have an LS6 intake, electric cutout motor, and LCA relocation brackets that need installed.

Trevor, not really eager since I can't really drive the car much now, but I just figure it would be better to get them installed before the car comes out in the spring. That way I (and you guys who are helping me) wont have to mess with it then. It really makes no difference to me though. Whenever people are free and want to help would work out just great. Hopefully we can plan it according to the weather this time and if we can't, then it will have to wait until the spring.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

M6WS6, I want to see your car. Make sure you come out this spring and show that off. It would be nice to see some more modded F-bodies around.

Jason, make sure you post up some pics of those ugly wheels. They actually might make your car LOOK fast!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Default Barrett-Jackson Party

Ok boys, I don't post much but you are welcome to come to my gathering below:

Well it is Barrett-Jackson time again and Lisa, Eric and I are planning a party. Starting at 630 on January 19th we will be watching people drop a load on a lot of cool cars. We will have some snacks and finger foods, you will need to bring your own beverage. See you then. Patrick

Please RSVP to us so we know how many to expect pmmcgrath3@mchsi.com

I will give you the address when you RSVP. See ya
Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

who is down for helping a brother install heads and cam this spring?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:29 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
who is down for helping a brother install heads and cam this spring?
You know I will be there.....to supervise, haha. I owe you anyway man. I will be more than happy to lend a helping hand wherever I can. Good learning experience as well. We still need to set up a time to get my **** installed as well.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Rodney, name a time and place and i'll try and be there to lend a hand if you'll have me.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 PM
11 Second Club

I figured we would be doing it at your house Nate, with all your nice tools

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?