Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
I've been wanting to go to CFR for quite a while, has anybody been there?
I've been to CFR a ton of times. Nothing nice to look at, decent track prep, not the best run facility in the world, but it works.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I work just two blocks north of Rookies on 63rd. I drive by it everyday so it wouldn't take much for me to stop by anytime. Just give me a heads up. However the car won't be out for a couple more weeks anyways, don't want to put insurance back on it just quite yet...
Old 03-12-2008, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id be willing to go out but this school and work stuffs just killing me, im just going to go home and sleep. 26 hours a week for school, 30-35 hours a week on 2nd shift and 8-10 hours of driving on top of that makes it for a long week every week lol.

Any other weekend and usually wedsdays work out great. One of these weekends I need to put some new shocks/struts on my car and some weekend a have a guy coming over to straighten out the front end (kid before me tweeked it, looked like it went into a ditch pretty hard).
Old 03-12-2008, 03:36 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I think the girl and I are going to head over to Rookies anyway to grab a bite to eat and have a few drinks. If anyone else plans on showing up let me know so I can look for you. We are going to try and be there at 6:30. I will be driving the SS which is extremely dirty. Hit me up if you can make it.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Well I think the girl and I are going to head over to Rookies anyway to grab a bite to eat and have a few drinks. If anyone else plans on showing up let me know so I can look for you. We are going to try and be there at 6:30. I will be driving the SS which is extremely dirty. Hit me up if you can make it.
I'll see how fast I can get my stuff done & try to make it out there.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Unstang
I'll see how fast I can get my stuff done & try to make it out there.
Cool man, we will be there for a bit I'm sure.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Staging Lane

figures, I tooled around Johnston, and then ended up washing the car last night. Thats what I get for not checking this thread yesterday, I had nothing going on and would have loved to meet at rookies. Anyway, I'll probably see you off an on Andy, Since I live just north of ya. If you head up Merle Hay, into Johnston, there is a church on your right side. Turn at the church and I live back that direction.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:33 PM
Launching!

Hey all, been swapped with projects and tests this last two weeks, looks like I missed quite a bit!!! Road the bike into work today, hell yea! Cant wait to get the car out, problem is I dont have it near me unless I am home. Parking is a bitch and people are asshats and like to **** with ****, so I dont leave it outside often in Ames if I even have it here.
Anything going down these next couple weeks? Spring break starts tomorrow and all I have planend really is work, and might go home. If someone wants to entertain me and give me a ride, Im in Ames. Havent sat in a F-body since I put my baby away.Id be willing to drive down to DSM area if something is going on. Keep me updated! ILl watch for cars in Ames, Ill be in my GP or on my RED/BLACK GSXR, Ill make a obnoxious wave or something and you will know its me. Or I will just hunt you down or try to pick a race from you guys on my GSXR until the car is in town. LOL
Old 03-14-2008, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

The street sweepers were out in Urbandale yesterday doing work, big difference already. Watch out for potholes if you have your car out!!!! Hopefully the large piles of snow will be gone soon.

I got the Mustang out last night & washed it & then took it to air up the tires, top was down...

KCIR track rental for tomorrow got postponed, so no runs in the SS yet.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks like mother nature threw a change up at us, looks like the next 7 days are going to be "normal" or "on average". So hopefully in a couple weeks the weather will be back to where it was earlier in the week.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Eh, its only a month a way from summer like temps. I got my truck detailed wednesday. I washed it, claybared it (there was alot of build up in the paint aka orange dots) and washed it again and then waxed it. looked real nice. now i just have to spray it off next time because i put a good quality wax on it. this winter has been harsh this year and it wants to take it to the ninth round in a fight.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone up for the Speed Inc open house on 4/26? There are a few of us rolling out Friday the 25th after work...Something to do!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:05 PM
9 Second Club

My car is filthy. I don't like driving it through all the wet roads and **** but I have no choice right now. Jason, I am going to need a good detail. Know anywhere I could get that done at? Haha. I know you said you would help me out in that department as long as I did all the dirty work. I would have no problem doing that. I just need a good detailer to do the applying of products with a good buffer so I don't screw **** up.

Give it a couple more weeks and it will be warmer.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone up for the Speed Inc open house on 4/26? There are a few of us rolling out Friday the 25th after work...Something to do!
I plan on rolling there with a friend of mine and I think my girl. Keep me up to speed on the details.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wait no concerts that weekend?
Old 03-14-2008, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
My car is filthy. I don't like driving it through all the wet roads and **** but I have no choice right now. Jason, I am going to need a good detail. Know anywhere I could get that done at? Haha. I know you said you would help me out in that department as long as I did all the dirty work. I would have no problem doing that. I just need a good detailer to do the applying of products with a good buffer so I don't screw **** up.

Give it a couple more weeks and it will be warmer.
I'll buff it for you, I use Tropi-Care product mostly, but we could try some other stuff. I did that red Z that I had last fall with TC, the red paint came a long way on that car.

My SS needs a full detail!!! Mother Nature was not real nice to it on Sunday & Monday in Chicago.

Originally Posted by Funkster
I plan on rolling there with a friend of mine and I think my girl. Keep me up to speed on the details.
For sure, we will have to set up an Iowa convoy.

Originally Posted by Darkhalf
Wait no concerts that weekend?
Not that I know of, but you never know who will be playing in Chitown.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Teching In

there's really no good shows in April... I've already checked I'm going to Rock on the Range in Columbus Ohio May 17th and 18th... STP is headlining the 17th and Kid Rock and 3 Doors Down on Sunday.... Also playing is Killswitch Engage, 10 Years, Sevendust, Drowning Pool, Default, Seether, Papa Roach, Staind, Flyleaf, Revelation Theory, Theory of a Deadman and a crap ton of other bands...

otherwise may 18th in St Louis there's Pointfest (29 bands for $29)... Finger 11, 10 Years, Serj Tankian, and a bunch of other bands I cant remember.... hah.

Anyone else going to either one of those?
Old 03-14-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

That Rock on the Range show sounds insane!!!! I'll be in STL that weekend for the World Street Challenge.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

hey Jason, brother. I might be down for rolling up to speed inc with you guys! I got my heads/cam done, and have driven the car roughly 85 miles since, working on tuning it right now. I had some valvetrain noise that was coming and going, bad ticking, sounded like a lifter, but the last 2 times I have driven it it has been gone, so might have had an air pocket or something in one of the new lifters I put in, who knows. Anyhow, will let you guy s know closer to the date of the open house man!
Old 03-14-2008, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Anyone been there for the Open House before? I assume they do dyno work during the open house? How much do they charge for the tune? I need to throw in some new plugs and get a good tune. My car is running so rich it would make Uncle Pennybags jealous.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?