Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 355z28
Yeah i was talkin about you, every time ive seen your car or truck i just cant believe how clean they are.

Just curious but why are you going with another clutch when yours has low miles on it??? Unless you have more done then you list i guess i just dont understand.

And i picked up some new goodies too this week, I got a set of Jet Hot hooker super comp ceramic headers, and the matching Y from jet hot both coated! cant wait to get them on next weekend.
My stock clutch just went to **** around 53,000 miles, Lost alot of pedal pressure, and it let go a couple times and just got really weak and its time for an up grade so I can drive it like it should be. Pretty much had to baby it the last part of the spring and I hated that. I ordered an LS7 setup yesterday so I'm excited to get it thrown in. Thanks for the compliment by the way
Old 03-16-2008, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
hey bro, I use HP tuners.
Awesome, what is the learning curve on it?
Old 03-16-2008, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

it isnt too bad honestly. There is a tuning guide out there that I use, and its simply awesome man. I would never tune again without a wideband, they make it SO much easier!!! Anyhow, if you end up getting it, let me know and I can try and point you to the guide.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im running richer then **** i need to go put mine on the dyno some where and get it tuned, I was waiting for the ws6store to find a building and put theirs up, but that doesnt look to be any time soon so it just might be a trip to speed inc...
Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 PM
On The Tree

ya they have been getting one for....it seems like ages....dont know if its ever gunna happen
Old 03-16-2008, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

well my dad delivers stuff there all the time, he said that they have one but its just in storage and they're waiting for a place to put it up.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

well my dad delivers stuff there all the time, he said that they have one but its just in storage and they're waiting for a place to put it up.
Haha, they told me that when I called like 4 months ago. I hope it is soon!

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
it isnt too bad honestly. There is a tuning guide out there that I use, and its simply awesome man. I would never tune again without a wideband, they make it SO much easier!!! Anyhow, if you end up getting it, let me know and I can try and point you to the guide.
I appreciate the help too man. What does the program run as far as cost goes?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The building must be in an industrial area as the dyno is quite loud and the sound ordinance is not a strict in those areas. It's tough to find a building that will suit our needs thats not 30,000 square feet and costs $5K per month. So if anyone of you know of a building in an industrial area that is decently priced.....it will be up sooner. We have a 4-post lift, dynojet 248 dyno with wideband, welder, shop press, tools, etc. all sitting in storage.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by joshp14
The building must be in an industrial area as the dyno is quite loud and the sound ordinance is not a strict in those areas. It's tough to find a building that will suit our needs thats not 30,000 square feet and costs $5K per month. So if anyone of you know of a building in an industrial area that is decently priced.....it will be up sooner. We have a 4-post lift, dynojet 248 dyno with wideband, welder, shop press, tools, etc. all sitting in storage.
There might be one in Newton, IA available soon. It is a warehouse, 10,000 square feet. I used to work for the audio company that is there but when I left relocation was being discussed.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Funkster
There might be one in Newton, IA available soon. It is a warehouse, 10,000 square feet. I used to work for the audio company that is there but when I left relocation was being discussed.
IMO, the shop/store needs to be closer to the Des Moines Metro area & easily reached from the interstate or freeway.

That being said, I hope they find something soon.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Second Club

yeah theres a ton of people around here that could use a tune, but i do understand about finding a building i just wish one would become available soon i dont want to go all the way to speed inc for a tune...Id really like to support a local speed shop and get their reputation up.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Staging Lane

What about the Boats 4 U building. Its smaller, can be seen from the interstate, 2nd ave exit on the north side. They just went out of business and they have a little storage lot next door. Not sure who to get a hold of or anything and its a stone's throw from the police building

go to....
http://www.assess.co.polk.ia.us/web/...queryComm.html
under the district tab go under saylor township
then under house number, 330
then under the street, 49th
click the deal and see.... it looks kinda crappy, but good location, and any place is going to need some work.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=19&iwloc=addr

If you give us the chance guys, one of us will find you a place

Last edited by Screamer27; 03-18-2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:52 AM
Teching In

random question....

i have an 01 formula... it has FOUR oxygen sensors right? two before the cat and two after right?
Old 03-18-2008, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jay_dub87
random question....

i have an 01 formula... it has FOUR oxygen sensors right? two before the cat and two after right?
correct, the 2 in the rear are used to monitor cat efficiency.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Screamer27
What about the Boats 4 U building. Its smaller, can be seen from the interstate, 2nd ave exit on the north side. They just went out of business and they have a little storage lot next door. Not sure who to get a hold of or anything and its a stone's throw from the police building

go to....
http://www.assess.co.polk.ia.us/web/...queryComm.html
under the district tab go under saylor township
then under house number, 330
then under the street, 49th
click the deal and see.... it looks kinda crappy, but good location, and any place is going to need some work.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=19&iwloc=addr

If you give us the chance guys, one of us will find you a place

Thats true i forgot about that, but I think maybe they're looking for a place to rent instead of buy, but if they can get it reasonable enough hell you never know
Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mvvette97
correct, the 2 in the rear are used to monitor cat efficiency.
I knew it.... I tried to tell the guy at Advanced Auto Parts that and he's like "well, my computer is telling me you only need two hunny"
He wouldnt let me buy 4.... DOUCHETARD

I guess its because I'm 20 years old, tall, and blonde.... he probably thinks he could make crap up.....

I came in with the ones I want for the front, and the ones I want for the rear and hes like "no, that doesnt make sense, you only have 2". Funny... my car is throwing codes and says 3 of them are bad.... AHHHHH
Old 03-18-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I knew it.... I tried to tell the guy at Advanced Auto Parts that and he's like "well, my computer is telling me you only need two hunny"

I guess its because I'm 20 years old, tall, and blonde.... he probably thinks he could make crap up.....

I came in with the ones I want for the front, and the ones I want for the rear and hes like "no, that doesnt make sense, you only have 2". Funny... my car is throwing codes and says 3 of them are bad.... AHHHHH
Yea those guys think they know everything. Do you happen to know what the codes are? There is a possibility that the two in the rear are fine. They could be telling you that the cats are going bad. My cats went bad on mine at 60k so I just took them off and disabled the rear O2s in the pcm
Old 03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
12 Second Club

Haha there is a big thread going right now about how stupid most auto parts store employees are. Talk about irony.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mvvette97
Yea those guys think they know everything. Do you happen to know what the codes are? There is a possibility that the two in the rear are fine. They could be telling you that the cats are going bad. My cats went bad on mine at 60k so I just took them off and disabled the rear O2s in the pcm

not off the top of my head.... she's about an hour away in a paint bay right now.... I guess i'll just replace the front ones for now and wait on the other 2 and check out the cat... my car does have over 90k on it... so who knows.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FASTENUF
Did that red lt1 have black wheels? cuz my old one is usually running around in ames, and lives in the legends restaurant building.
I saw that car the other day. Nice looking car.
I keep seeing a black WS6 inbetween Luther and Madrid, and south of Madrid at times as well. Has to live in the Granger area I would assume. Drives it rain shine sleet and even seen him in snow.

Get me more details on the Speed Inc Open house. I have been to the facility for my dyno tune, but never for the open house. The open house looks nucking futs!Im in if all arrangments work out!

Get to go home this weekend and drive my car! Hopefully the precip stays clear of the area. Hopefully when the weather gets more stable Ill bring it down again to Ames.

Last edited by M6WS6; 03-18-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?