Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rodney you better make it over here for some GTG's. I knew you should have moved to DSM. Should Have put the foot down bro, haha. I am ready to meet up. I need to start doing things. All I do is work, or sit around on my *** in the evening doing nothing.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Down Under
hey everyone -- wanted to check in on the iowa thread -- i just joined, more info on that in the into fourm.

looking forward to seeing how many other GTOs are on this site especially, after browsing around on this site i can't believe how big it is

i plan on being out a lot with my GTO as the weather continues to get nicer, i'd be down for some cruising in DSM!
If you haven't already joined or are a member. Check this out:
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30501
Old 03-19-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Saturdays are good too!!!! I like an excuse to do something in the middle of the week though...That is why I was such a regular at Porky's. :oops:

Let me scout out some parking @ BWWs, weekend deals may require a different spot. I figured a Wed stop would be fine out there though.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 AM
Teching In

so they're talking 6 more inches of snow for us on Friday (northern Iowa anyways)

....i'm guessing i'm not the only one extremely pissed off by this news.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope we don't get it here. I am supposed to take the car to get tailpipes put on the duals that day.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:28 AM
9 Second Club

The parking is pretty jacked up at BWW's. On a weekend it would be way to hard to find spots. During the week I am not sure as I have never been there during the week. I say we have the first GTG at Rookies where there is plenty of room to park a pack of cars together.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Staging Lane

Okay... how about 4/12 say either 5:30-6:00pm at Rookies on 63rd. That way we know the weather should be cooperating a bit more, and the majority of us will have our cars out... MITCHELL!
I'm up for whenever, but anytime after 4/7 (tuning at FLP) I'll have the TA. Any other time works too, but I'll bring the Iroc. Just trying to throw a date out there for people.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

There is plenty of parking to the south of BWWs, Rookies is fine too. Hopefully there will be a place that holds a "cruise night" & we don't have to try to set it up...

BTW, the track rental @ kcir that was scheduled for last saturday was cancelled...They are now holding it Sunday, April 13. It is $50 to race all day on a well prepped track, with little to no wait in the lanes. There are about 85 cars signed up, there should be around 100. If interested, let me know & I'll get you the info.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Screamer27
Okay... how about 4/12 say either 5:30-6:00pm at Rookies on 63rd. That way we know the weather should be cooperating a bit more, and the majority of us will have our cars out... MITCHELL!
I'm up for whenever, but anytime after 4/7 (tuning at FLP) I'll have the TA. Any other time works too, but I'll bring the Iroc. Just trying to throw a date out there for people.

Nate why are you yelling my name!? Come on now! You better hope its not snowing on 4/7 I'm trying to hold off as long as I can from putting the insurance back on the car.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:49 PM
9 Second Club

Sorry, the only time I was at BWW's was on a Friday night and it was packed. If we park on the south side we wont be able to see our cars from inside the building though, haha. Bring on the nice weather...after this weekend of course.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:19 PM
On The Tree

What about Hooters, they have a big parking area next to it.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Uh huh they have big parking lots that goes right into Gordmans. Only problem is their service sucks, but love the wings and chicken breasts..........
Old 03-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Darkhalf
Uh huh they have big parking lots that goes right into Gordmans. Only problem is their service sucks, but love the wings and chicken breasts..........
haha I've never been there... my best friend and I were going to go in Davenport once.. but thought it would be weird for two chicks to walk into hooters and eat.... so we decided to eat at the Village Inn instead...
Old 03-21-2008, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Yeah I'm not a big fan of hooters either. Their wings do suck *** but the beer is good .

Any one know of a good place to get windows tinted in the Des Moines area? I need to get on that this spring sometime. Also, what do you all suggest I get percentage wise so I wont be hassled too much by the cops? My LT1 was only 3% or something over the limit and the ******** ticketed me a couple of times and I would want it a little darker than that. Will places tint it how ever dark you want it?
Old 03-21-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

i ate at that hooters several times when i painted house in des moines, needed the nice break during the day, haha. i'd try to make it down sometime if you guys set up a time and place
Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Yeah I'm not a big fan of hooters either. Their wings do suck *** but the beer is good .

Any one know of a good place to get windows tinted in the Des Moines area? I need to get on that this spring sometime. Also, what do you all suggest I get percentage wise so I wont be hassled too much by the cops? My LT1 was only 3% or something over the limit and the ******** ticketed me a couple of times and I would want it a little darker than that. Will places tint it how ever dark you want it?
I'd go with 35 %, alot of cops are dicks about privacy tint.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:07 AM
On The Tree

Go to Best window tint in West Des Moines off of Swanson Blvd. That is where I got mine done and I was very happy with it. I did a 20% on the back and 35% on the side windows.
And for everybody that can't decide where you guys want to go, Jason and I are going to just start hanging out wherever the hell we want to until they tell us to move and we will just move to the next spot and so on. I could care less what the business thinks about it!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Plus on the Jordan Creek area is there are no HUGE potholes out there...

I'm glad the snow storm isn't hitting us!!!!
Check out the weather for where I'll be the 27th-31st...
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...nav_undeclared

Last edited by Unstang; 03-21-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by caged02
Go to Best window tint in West Des Moines off of Swanson Blvd. That is where I got mine done and I was very happy with it. I did a 20% on the back and 35% on the side windows.
And for everybody that can't decide where you guys want to go, Jason and I are going to just start hanging out wherever the hell we want to until they tell us to move and we will just move to the next spot and so on. I could care less what the business thinks about it!

I say the place that allows big smokey burnouts is a keeper
Old 03-21-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've had both my TA's done at over at Trim Design just off fuller in WDM. They use one giant sheet on the rear window (some places use 2 sheets) and they use 3M tint...which is the best IMO. I think it was like $160 for all 3 windows. They will tint at whatever you want. I did 5% on the back and I think about 35% on the sides. Only been hassled a couple times about it in 5 years....never got a ticket though...only warnings.

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?