Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstang
2 tone for the win!!! Does it have the grille in the scoop?
Yes it does. I am going to put on my black SS spoiler and make it look like a salvage build!
Old 02-25-2008, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

scott, im doing heads and cam. Its still going to be a turd box untill i can get a 9 inch and really launch this bitch
Old 02-25-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by caged02
Yes it does. I am going to put on my black SS spoiler and make it look like a salvage build!
I couldn't see it in the pic, I can't wait to see it done. Did shipping that hood cost a shitton?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:35 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 01FbTaWs6
dude, looks good man!!! I started to tear into mine last weekend with andys help. Got the new cam in, op on, timing chain on. Its going back together now
I didn't really do much, but you would still be working on that oil pump if I wasn't there, haha. It was a good time. Very cool tearing into my first engine. Definitely learning a lot. Can't wait to start tearing into my motor .

The car looks good Scott. I would just leave it like that.

And, yes, this weather does blow. It is supposed to be in the 40's this weekend though.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

A few warmer days are coming, looks like snow in the forcast too. Maybe by June it will all be gone...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by caged02
Looks like I am going to have to spend a bunch and buy a new one from SLP.
Just let me know
Old 02-26-2008, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
I didn't really do much, but you would still be working on that oil pump if I wasn't there, haha. It was a good time. Very cool tearing into my first engine. Definitely learning a lot. Can't wait to start tearing into my motor .

The car looks good Scott. I would just leave it like that.

And, yes, this weather does blow. It is supposed to be in the 40's this weekend though.
Should of called me on the install, would have loved to get out and work on a LS1. Working on my 3.1 GP isnt fun. Give me a holler if you need assistance or are doing another install day somewhere, that goes for anyone needing help.

Well, life just blows right now. First round of tests are in full swing, just starting to finish, snow has been non F'n stop, bike and car are still in storage, the winter beater is starting to truly live up to its name as a beater and failing slowly, and i just have had no time what-so ever!!!! Blasted!!
Old 02-26-2008, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

This is a question for the Quad City peeps, anyone live around or near Aledo, IL? They have a car there that I'm interested in and wondering if anyone locally could check it out. The dealership is Essig Motors.

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2008, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

So i had a great find this morning when i went to move my car and get it cleaned off. I was looking for my ice scraper and saw that there was a wire sitting on my sub box. low and behold some piece of **** stole my $1000 front channel amp. they didnt steal the sub, sub amp, cd player, or the $600 in gauges just that amp. so i just stripped everything out of my car because im not going to have the rest of my crap jacked. oh and now i get to fix my door lock because they bent the rod so it wont lock now. i just LOVE this city. Boone sucks big hairy donkey *****.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sucks, sorry to hear man
Old 02-26-2008, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trevor, we did the install at Rodney's near Cedar Rapids. Didn't know if you would want to travel that far. I am goin out there again in a couple of weeks and will be out there hopefully just one more time after that to get my car done.

Darkhalf, did you ever check that car out in Perry? Sorry I didn't get a chance to look at it for you. Did you make the trip up to check it out?

Dave, sorry about your luck man. That's pretty shitty.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by daves94formula
So i had a great find this morning when i went to move my car and get it cleaned off. I was looking for my ice scraper and saw that there was a wire sitting on my sub box. low and behold some piece of **** stole my $1000 front channel amp. they didnt steal the sub, sub amp, cd player, or the $600 in gauges just that amp. so i just stripped everything out of my car because im not going to have the rest of my crap jacked. oh and now i get to fix my door lock because they bent the rod so it wont lock now. i just LOVE this city. Boone sucks big hairy donkey *****.
What car was that all in? Damn, sux to hear, especially around this area, scares me...
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28

Darkhalf, did you ever check that car out in Perry? Sorry I didn't get a chance to look at it for you. Did you make the trip up to check it out?
Nope did not. They want too much for it. I got one spotted in St Louis area right now for the same price but a year newer with same mileage. So might be making a trip down there and getting it. Have already had a friend of mine look at it and drive it. I will let you know if I need to have you check out that car though in Perry again.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

My beater '95 Camaro has been parked for a little while, since I was sick, didn't need to drive. The mother F'er is frozen to the ground!!!! Some snow has melted around the tires, a few inches thick & now is a frozen lake...I get to go home & break the ice today...Great way to start the day!!!

If that isn't good enough...
Feb 28 Today
Scattered snow showers early with a steadier snow developing late. High near 35F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.
Feb 28 Tonight
Rain and snow this evening becoming partly cloudy overnight. Low 28F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

I have never bitched about the weather so much in my life!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Staging Lane

I agree with everyone else, I'm tired of snow. I somehow got the TA to the front garage about 2 weeks ago. I scheduled my appointment with FLP too. I just hope that the snow stops flying soon. ( I see snow in the forcast for today and then again sunday & monday) This is crazy. The stupid plow truck has broke down about 10 times this year now. Last week I spent 9 hours of welding to get the blade to hold together. I'm tired of working on this rusty old truck. I'm ready for some warmer days and start working on something fun to work on.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Unstang
My beater '95 Camaro has been parked for a little while, since I was sick, didn't need to drive. The mother F'er is frozen to the ground!!!! Some snow has melted around the tires, a few inches thick & now is a frozen lake...I get to go home & break the ice today...Great way to start the day!!!

If that isn't good enough...
Feb 28 Today
Scattered snow showers early with a steadier snow developing late. High near 35F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.
Feb 28 Tonight
Rain and snow this evening becoming partly cloudy overnight. Low 28F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

I have never bitched about the weather so much in my life!!!!

Its **** I know. I think we bitch more now because this winter is complete *** compared to the last like 5 winters. I was out on my bike in march last year, **** is going to have to change if I plan on that happening this year.....What sux is even if it was nice, I dont have my car in Ames, so still screwed with the car situation... New appartment this next term has available garages, but for a *** raping of 60 bucks a month. Might have to go barter with them a little when the weather gets nicer, I know they have a **** ton open yet.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by M6WS6
Its **** I know. I think we bitch more now because this winter is complete *** compared to the last like 5 winters. I was out on my bike in march last year, **** is going to have to change if I plan on that happening this year.....What sux is even if it was nice, I dont have my car in Ames, so still screwed with the car situation... New appartment this next term has available garages, but for a *** raping of 60 bucks a month. Might have to go barter with them a little when the weather gets nicer, I know they have a **** ton open yet.
The units im looking at to have charge for garages, i have to first see if my truck would even fit in them puny garages..lol. If it does then it would be good, even then if it doesnt fit its extra storage for tools ect. We just have to look forward to this weekend - mid 40s!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone interested in going to kcir on 3/15? They need about 15 more cars for this track rental to take place...I've been to the last few, real good stuff, the track prep is unreal.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So what is the track prep for this March? Salt and sand or that brine crap.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99C5JA
So what is the track prep for this March? Salt and sand or that brine crap.

No snow a few hours to the south, track will be really ready for some good hits. Last March down there it was 55* & sunny the day of the "Shoot Out".

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?