Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you guys like the 24 hours of crazy weather???
Old 03-03-2008, 06:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unstang
How did you guys like the 24 hours of crazy weather???
It was ******* awesome! The even cooler part is that I had to drive the SS to work today. Now talk about shitty. My damn truck is still not fixed. I had been driving the GF's car, taking her to school, going to work, picking her up. Was kind of a pain in the *** for her so I had my car out Sunday. I didn't expect it to snow like this. Man was I pissed this morning when I saw all that snow. Now my car is all sorts of dirty and icy. I put it back in the garage though and am driving the GF's car again. I was not very happy with my decision to drive my car today. It was rather stupid.

Other than that, I had a great day!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate this teaser fest the weather is giving us. I knew that it was going to happen late sunday but it started raining around 3pm..oh well. next weekend looks pretty good
Old 03-03-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
It was ******* awesome! The even cooler part is that I had to drive the SS to work today. Now talk about shitty. My damn truck is still not fixed. I had been driving the GF's car, taking her to school, going to work, picking her up. Was kind of a pain in the *** for her so I had my car out Sunday. I didn't expect it to snow like this. Man was I pissed this morning when I saw all that snow. Now my car is all sorts of dirty and icy. I put it back in the garage though and am driving the GF's car again. I was not very happy with my decision to drive my car today. It was rather stupid.

Other than that, I had a great day!
That sux! At least it is still in 1 piece. I drove the '95 Camaro today, it was fun in a few spots. I'd hate to have had more than 43 hp!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Can't believe I just found this thread...I'm up for a group trip to CFR when the weathers right
Old 03-04-2008, 07:03 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Can't believe I just found this thread...I'm up for a group trip to CFR when the weathers right
I thought you were trying to sell your car man?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, lovely weather, One day its 63 degrees and I'm outside in a t-shirt at 2 in the afternoon. Then at midnight I'm out plowing three and half inches of snow. Gotta love Iowa.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Welcome to the thread!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Launching!

It was ******* awesome! The even cooler part is that I had to drive the SS to work today. Now talk about shitty.

Damn, talk about shitty no traction. I watched a mustang on Monday night having a hell of a time going down a level road. Hell, the GP even had trouble in a few places. I had my TA out in the snow one day when I had it in High School, never saw it again. My first car, my mustang, that saw snow, the TA deserves better than that . IT was a pretty pimp looking mustang, would of kept it longer than a year if it was a V8 at least.

Just when I thought all the water was going to start clearing the roads for us, it goes and snows and gets more salt and **** dumped on em. Wait for another rain I guess....
Old 03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Unstang
Welcome to the thread!
+1
Old 03-04-2008, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

I thought you were trying to sell your car man?
I was going to but decided against it, I would have missed it too much..so i'm keeping it
Old 03-04-2008, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

I also just found this thread thanks to a little help. West Des Moines for me.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

welcome to the thread fellas! there are a few enthusiasts in here.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Who wants to help me with a cam install possibly next weekend or two? Beer is on me.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Funkster
Who wants to help me with a cam install possibly next weekend or two? Beer is on me.
I would help you out man if I am free. I may be going to Cedar Rapids again this weekend to help Rodney finish up his car. I have to work both Saturday and Sunday so I don't know if I will make that drive though or not. If I don't go and you start it this weekend I could help Saturday and Sunday evening both since you are really close to me. I am living in Des Moines now.

On another note. Anyone know anything about Trailblazers? My parents have an 02 with a 105k on it. Last winter it wouldn't start. Battery was fully charged so we thought it was the starter. However the thing would not even engage. So we arched the starter and got it to go and it has been fine since a few weeks ago. It would not start again. Tried arching the starter but this time it did not start this way, just spun the starter and sounded like it wasn't engaging. Let it sit for a day or two, came back and tried it and it started right off. Put a new battery in it since the old one was toast. Now today, it did it again. Tried arching it again to no avail. When the key is turned it does nothing. All the lights and everything come on. This is really pissing my Dad off. Would it be the starter you think? I have also heard of ignition problems with these things. Does that sound more reasonable since the starter doesn't even engage? We are lost here and are about ready to just have it towed some place. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

I may be available this weekend off and on. Just keep me posted on what day or days your doing it. Plus, I have the GM ls1 special tool kit I know I will be free this saturday morning.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:40 PM
11 Second Club

im planning on finishing mine up this weekend and starting that bad boy up
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Launching!

Hey everyone, I just found this thread... another local Iowan here.

I've met Unstang before at the track a couple years back (had the 3rd gen with the 406 at cedar falls and I think we chatted) Also post on the dsource board under the same name.

How about Jamey from Osky with the black goat, is he on here? We've had a few races at eddyville too.

Anyways, the turd-gen is gone and done. Time to get real haha. Currently in the process of building a 4th gen car with a 8.50 certification and all the stock style suspension tricks. Idea is to play with it up here for awhile, then build enough motor to go south and play a little bit in the drag radial game.

Car goes to get the moly cage installed next weekend, then its time for paint and body work, and finally drive train. Sticking with the 406 for now with maybe a hint of spray and some other fixins' and th400 on the brake.

If anyone is going to be at eddyville on the opening day, I'll be pushing my junk up to the tech lanes to get the NHRA certification sticker. Stop over and say hi!

Starting point:

some suspension

Wheel and tire combo

Last edited by Rogue86; 03-04-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey newbies, welcome to the thread.

Rogue86-I remember your old car, it hauled ***, but it looks like you have bigger plans for this one. I keep an eye out for you at the tracks.

Jamey posts on here, he is stepping up his GTO for this year too.

Funkster- What cam are you going with? I have plans for the next 2 weekends, but if you don't get it done in that time, I'd lend a hand.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Launching!

The old car did alright, but believe it or not that motor had a TON wrong with it, it was on its way out when I had it at cedar falls, wiped cam lobes, ect. Nothing like only getting 23 passes from a motor, huh?

Hopefully run some 6.80's on the motor with this car including a full "appearing" interior lol. If I give it a little squeeze, who knows what it'll run?

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?