Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by caged02
I will make it. Not sure if my car will come out or not, still waiting on these f*cking wheels!!!!!!!!!!!! They finally came a couple weeks ago now I am waiting for them to get painted. He is telling me this week so we will see.
Im kinda in the same boat, except i havent got mine yet, i ordered them then they got put on back order, they said they are hoping to get them and send them out by the middle of next month...
Old 03-31-2008, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 355 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
Yeah he could but I would have to buy a wideband and have it installed, then buy credits for his HPTuners. I just think it might be easier to get it done with Speed. Would probably save me a couple hundred bucks by having someone with tuning software do it, but I don't want to bother Rodney anymore (at least not for a little bit, haha) and I don't know if anyone locally here would do it.
I would give Speed inc. a call to see when the soonest they can get you in. Sometimes they can be a few weeks out their tuner is in high demand. If it's going to be a while before they can get you in then I'd go ahead and have someone help you with a base tune so you can enjoy the car until you get it dyno tuned.

I'd like to hear that cam if you have a camera post up a little idle vid sometime!
Old 03-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window tint

Could be wrong but I thought this would be a good place to post this because there are quite a few Des Moines area people here.

Ok...rant on,
I got pulled over (downtown Des Moines) Friday going to lunch. By a state trooper none-the-less. He followed me like eight blocks and then turned his lights on and pulled me over in the parking lot of the restaruant I was going to for lunch. He made me sit there for a half an hour! (sat in his car, talked to another state trooper that pulled up next to him...) He told me that he pulled me over for my brake lights being out. Well I told him that I just changed my brake lights and he proceded to check my windows for tint. Got a $70 ticket for window tint and nothing for the supposed "bad brake light." He then followed me into KC BBQ and ate there with some of his state trooper buddies while we ate. Can you f'in believe this??? End rant!!

Does anyone here have the tint exemption card or know how to get one? Eye doctor name etc.??
I would like to fight this one.

Thanks

Brad
Old 03-31-2008, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUDGEMENT
Could be wrong but I thought this would be a good place to post this because there are quite a few Des Moines area people here.

Ok...rant on,
I got pulled over (downtown Des Moines) Friday going to lunch. By a state trooper none-the-less. He followed me like eight blocks and then turned his lights on and pulled me over in the parking lot of the restaruant I was going to for lunch. He made me sit there for a half an hour! (sat in his car, talked to another state trooper that pulled up next to him...) He told me that he pulled me over for my brake lights being out. Well I told him that I just changed my brake lights and he proceded to check my windows for tint. Got a $70 ticket for window tint and nothing for the supposed "bad brake light." He then followed me into KC BBQ and ate there with some of his state trooper buddies while we ate. Can you f'in believe this??? End rant!!

Does anyone here have the tint exemption card or know how to get one? Eye doctor name etc.??

Thanks

Brad

Hey wasn't your car in the reader's rides section of GMHTP not too long ago?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUDGEMENT

Ok...rant on,

Thanks

Brad

Your tint has to be at least 35% to get the card. Go to your local medical clinic and see if you can get them to give you one. Tell them that the sun bothers your eyes and gives you headaces and such. If your tint tested less than 35% your out of luck. Gay I know.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Funkster
Hey wasn't your car in the reader's rides section of GMHTP not too long ago?
Yeah that was me! It was pretty cool.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Your tint has to be at least 35% to get the card. Go to your local medical clinic and see if you can get them to give you one. Tell them that the sun bothers your eyes and gives you headaces and such. If your tint tested less than 35% your out of luck. Gay I know.
Do you have one Brett? what eye doctor did you go to??
Old 03-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Thanks!..I will give that a shot. My tint is 35% all the way around, so I should be ok.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Any one know where i can get a 3" I pipe for my car, im still running the stock 2 3/4's and have everything but that stupid Intermediate pipe, let me know!
Old 03-31-2008, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have EFILive with a LM1 but I dont even have time to tune my own car....
Old 03-31-2008, 05:22 PM
11 Second Club

If I wouldnt have hardwired my wideband in my car, I would tune andys car for him no problem, but since it is hardwired, its a pain to get all that **** back out. Anyhow, we will see what goes on this weekend fellas.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Will just a mail order tune from Speed allow me to enjoy the car or do I need to find someone with tuning software? I just want it ok for me to romp on a little, haha. I will shoot speed an email and see what they say. I will probably have to set it out aways anyway since I work all the damn time and am not sure when I will be free.

Josh, if you ever get some time let me know, haha.

I will try to get a vid of it if I can find a camera to use. My gf's digital camera doesn't play back sound for whatever reason.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

I have a friend of mine's wideband, I can ask him if we can use it if you would like. I will call him and see if it is ok and post up here and let you know.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by caged02
I have a friend of mine's wideband, I can ask him if we can use it if you would like. I will call him and see if it is ok and post up here and let you know.
Scott that would be great man. Either way let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Most tuners that do a mail order tune will tell you not to do ANY kind of WOT runs on it. Which is a good practice, all cars are different. So if you do a mail order tune stay away from the WOT romps, I know its hard, but your motor will probably thank you later. They give you one just to get you by so can drive it to their facility and then they take care of the rest.

Saturday.... being Rookies is like 5 minutes from me, I may stop on by, but not sure if I'll have the blue car or not... but would be more than glad to stop by and shoot the crap.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

Wish my car wasn't still on jack stands, I'd def. be there saturday. I have my calipers all tore apart because I polished them and ordered rebuild kits. That was about a month and a half ago and they are still back ordered. I'm more than a little pissed. I guess it gave me more time to do other crap.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

so when is the set day and time we r meeting @ rookies?
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Vegas was killer!!!! Good to be home, but the weather here still sucks & I don't plan on seeing any pussycat dolls or playboy bunnies any time soon.

It looks like i have Saturday open, so I'm in for Rookies...or whatever!

If it is not raining/snowing on Wednesday, I'm getting the blue SS cleaned up for a little cruising.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 355z28
Do you have one Brett? what eye doctor did you go to??
I don't have one, up until now my car and truck have had 5% window tint on the sides, but i'm gonna throw some 35% on them and get the slip. I tinted a car for one of my friends and he just went to the Health Clinic in Sully and they just gave him a slip. Thats what I'm planning on doing
Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by V8bamf
so when is the set day and time we r meeting @ rookies?
Does Rookies Saturday at 5:30 work for everybody?

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?