Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a MAJOR difference between the 2. Everything is better in the Vette. Engineering, Modding, Driving, etc. That's why I want to make the switch. Plus I'm tired of looking at the TA.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s346k
i must say that i would take a c5 vette over a 4th gen fbody in a heartbeat. including its headaches with regard to modding. i know the vettes aren't racecars, but they do everything so much better than fbodies i don't know how someone could drive one and say.....yeah, i think i'll take the fbody instead.
If you want a car that will go fast straight but still be a blast in the corners (street wheels and all) then vette, if you don't car about the twisties then don't waste your money.

JMHO.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

whats up guys im from mooresville here on the southwest side, not a whole lot of f bodies out here and thats just the way i like it cuz now my car kinda sticks out, lotsa mustangs to pick on also, about the tuning i know a great shop in crawfordsville the owner is one of my instructors and he does some pretty awesome work on ls motors
Old 02-25-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by twelver12
whats up guys im from mooresville here on the southwest side, not a whole lot of f bodies out here and thats just the way i like it cuz now my car kinda sticks out, lotsa mustangs to pick on also, about the tuning i know a great shop in crawfordsville the owner is one of my instructors and he does some pretty awesome work on ls motors
Let me guess who go to Lincoln Tech?????

Your instructors may know a little on LS motors but is is not to bright on LT1's and recomends parts that are not the greatest.

He and is wife are both dicks in my book and walk around with their noses in the air but won't race old BBC cars that they raise their noses to......... the dude can't hook for crap or at least did not use to and wanted nothing to do with my old car.... but did not want to lend a hanf when i was having ignition problems.... his wife just said "that sucks, hope you get it fixed before it gets dark".

There are FAR better people to take LS work to in the area
Old 02-25-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Let me guess who go to Lincoln Tech?????

Your instructors may know a little on LS motors but is is not to bright on LT1's and recomends parts that are not the greatest.

He and is wife are both dicks in my book and walk around with their noses in the air but won't race old BBC cars that they raise their noses to......... the dude can't hook for crap or at least did not use to and wanted nothing to do with my old car.... but did not want to lend a hanf when i was having ignition problems.... his wife just said "that sucks, hope you get it fixed before it gets dark".

There are FAR better people to take LS work to in the area

Uh david- i think your wrong my friend.. We tuned my car at his shop... and you and I did fix your car for the night.. .. Not to mention the vette is a street car not a track car lol..
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

on other news- i am hoping to get my 94 back within the next couple months!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by indirocz28
Uh david- i think your wrong my friend.. We tuned my car at his shop... and you and I did fix your car for the night.. .. Not to mention the vette is a street car not a track car lol..
Yes we did fix my car after his wife laughed at us and I never said he could not tune a car..... I laughed when he recomended some not so great parts to white LT1 boy and LT1 boy was hanging off hits nuts.

You and I both know that what him and his wife did was a dick move haha. Granted I am no prince.

I rolled up next to him later that night and tried to get him to go....... after he saw me hit it I think he decided to pass... It might be an allright car if it hooked in the first gear or two.

On another note, I saw some Lincoln Tech students at Taco Bell the other day, they were all happy and all and I could see the "We are about to graduate and make big money" look on their faces......... I felt kinda bad for them in there up coming reality shock Hard times in aviation also.

But hey...... I am getting paid pretty good money to type this haha.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes we did fix my car after his wife laughed at us and I never said he could not tune a car..... I laughed when he recomended some not so great parts to white LT1 boy and LT1 boy was hanging off hits nuts.

You and I both know that what him and his wife did was a dick move haha. Granted I am no prince.

I rolled up next to him later that night and tried to get him to go....... after he saw me hit it I think he decided to pass... It might be an allright car if it hooked in the first gear or two.

On another note, I saw some Lincoln Tech students at Taco Bell the other day, they were all happy and all and I could see the "We are about to graduate and make big money" look on their faces......... I felt kinda bad for them in there up coming reality shock Hard times in aviation also.

But hey...... I am getting paid pretty good money to type this haha.
Well I will say if you dont know them on a personal level then yeah I have heard of some people not liking them.. As far as the LT1 parts to the white car guy - every thing i heard was legit and would be stuff i'd shove into mine if i had the $.... well except my cam of course b/c that thing for some reason is like gold in my car lol..

And yeah- I feel sorry for those LTI bastards too .. oh well.. Im still not making great money, but at least im not cutting and beating my hands all day every day.. they are actually clean and white now and i have clear fingernails! haha
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

And I am not sitting in blue juice!!!!!!!!

All the hype that the LTI recruiters give you only to find out it like other school is pretty much a waste of money LOL.

I did talk to a very good and yet reliable source who knows his stuff and owns a head/machine shop who said that SAM is a good school at teaching you the basics, said from what he has seen the graduates know the basics and can operate the machines.... I told him how much it cost and he laughed. I told him I would rather start off in a shop being taught by someone if it was me!

If I remember right he told the guy to get one of those grantenalli or whatever ported MAF's and crap and its a proven fact that they were not worth the money and caused tuning nightmares.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And I am not sitting in blue juice!!!!!!!!

All the hype that the LTI recruiters give you only to find out it like other school is pretty much a waste of money LOL.

I did talk to a very good and yet reliable source who knows his stuff and owns a head/machine shop who said that SAM is a good school at teaching you the basics, said from what he has seen the graduates know the basics and can operate the machines.... I told him how much it cost and he laughed. I told him I would rather start off in a shop being taught by someone if it was me!

If I remember right he told the guy to get one of those grantenalli or whatever ported MAF's and crap and its a proven fact that they were not worth the money and caused tuning nightmares.

LOL-

No the guy just bought a granatelli MAF, and said it was running like crap and was going to put a carb on it, so shop owner says- No put your stock ported one on and let me tune it first before you go throwing a carb on it..
Old 02-25-2009, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Hey everyone, I just want to say Thank You Everyone for the kind words and the prayers you have said for my family. I really appreciate it alot.

To fill everyone in alittle bit I'd like to start by letting everyone know that My dad has just passed away Tuesday Feb. 24th, 2009 at 7:30 am.
I have been expecting this to happen, but it still does not make it any easier for me or anyone else in my family. My dad was a great man and has always been there for me and I love him so much. (RIP Dad)
My dad has undergone a 5 way bypass on his heart 3 years ago just before I turned 21. On my 21st B-day I was at home in bed and got a phone call that he had another stroke and when I arrived at my parents' house he was face down unconsious. I lost it. Since that night his health has gone down hill VERY fast. My dad was a strong man and he held on for a long hard 3 years. I remember my dad laying there in the hospital bed and crying out for help and Begging for us to take him home to die. I knew he was going to pass before too long, but I had no clue it was going to be so soon. The doctor said there was nothing left that they could do for him and they gave him 2 weeks to live after they let him go home. He was holding on for that day to go home so he could pass away with his family. Unfortionently he never made it home. He was supposed to come home this Tuesday at noon and he died at 7:30 am Tuesday on the day he was going to come home. All we wanted was to grant him his last wish and we didn't get a chance to grant him that. Thats the only regret we have. But I feel within my heart That God had a reason for taking him before he went home. I honestly don't think my mother could've handled that. Well I don't mean to rant all night, But I just wanted everyone to know what has been going on and who I lost in my family. Thanks Again for all of the prayers and the kind words....

James
Old 02-26-2009, 04:37 AM
11 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwest-c...eads-more.html
Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 AM
TECH Junkie

If you want a car that will go fast straight but still be a blast in the corners (street wheels and all) then vette, if you don't car about the twisties then don't waste your money.

JMHO.
have you driven a c5/c6 vette? hell, despite it's obvious handicap, i'd take an lt1 vette over an ls1 fbody. i wish my wife would see it the same way. unfortunately the mullet got to her before i did and she is in love with that black trans am.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Launching!

So yesturday was a beautiful day and before work i washed the T/A. Had some time to kill before work, so was driving on out bypass. Get behind this kid that i knew has a 97 Z, hes reving at me the whole time. Well we line up going 20 roll i honk it off and instanly kill him haha. But I kinda feel bad for picking on him, hes stock auto, with 2.73's. LOL but it was my first race of the year haha. One a side note i just bought 275/45/17's sumi's all the way around. And I DD my t/a with over 400 hp, and ppl told me they wouldnt hook for **** on the street and i have not one problem with them hooking haha. I smell mid to low 12's this season with em hehehe k im done sorry i was bored haha

-Traz
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

I want a run in with this pewter T/A if it has over 400 RWHP and a H/C/I setup. I will handycap myself and run ya on motor.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by purdueranger
I want a run in with this pewter T/A if it has over 400 RWHP and a H/C/I setup. I will handycap myself and run ya on motor.
your cam only junk won't touch no 400whp setup. quit dreaming. and that's if your muffler even stays on that heap.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by indirocz28
LOL-

No the guy just bought a granatelli MAF, and said it was running like crap and was going to put a carb on it, so shop owner says- No put your stock ported one on and let me tune it first before you go throwing a carb on it..
LOL I remember him saying its a good MAF haha. Or at the fery least he did say to put the ported one back on but everyone I have ever talked to says ported MAF's don't really work. Regardless he is a dick and so is his wife. If I saw him broken down I would offer to help and not laugh and walk away.

Originally Posted by s346k
have you driven a c5/c6 vette? hell, despite it's obvious handicap, i'd take an lt1 vette over an ls1 fbody. i wish my wife would see it the same way. unfortunately the mullet got to her before i did and she is in love with that black trans am.
I have driven pretty much every car on the road not including a ZR1 or the new Z06 or Ferraris or Lambos but went on a few hell rides in 2 Ferraris.

You name it, I have driven it, even a Maybach......... I would never own a vette onless it had the Z51 package.... I drove one that did not have it and I was scared to take even a slow corner haha.

James, again sorry for your loss, my wife is back in the hospital again and it looks like she will be there for a while.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

I'm sorry to hear that David, I hope she gets better. Tell her she's in my prayers as well.

James
Old 02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Im always lookin to run ppl win or lose. But haha your talkin like im lieing haha. But again ya im down...
Old 02-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Another note purdueranger, you like your rpm tranny? They did the stage 4 for me its ****** sweet!!!

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!