Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
anyone with that black ws6 at the walls with me in the ss n my buddy in the gtp?
i remember a ws6 with zo6s but didnt see the others...
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^nope not it he stopped at circuit city once with us
Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Greenwood city is trying to improve their image. So not only are people cruising get harrassed the local business are not allowed to have sale signs etc.

SS and cops been going on since the 80's they will do the crack down, the news will give them 10 minutes, and a week later it will be normal ops.
Only problem with that is that all the racing is done in Indianapolis..... south of County Line Rd it is Greenwood...... when is the last time anyone got pulled over on 31 by a Greenwood cop? It's also been going on since before the 80's... the suds alone has been around since like the 60's and a lot of those guys would hit 31 and other spots after they were at the suds.

I remember two summers years back when they craked down like this and I never got pulled over..... I never got pulled over on 31 anytime I ever went out any year..... If you get pulled over you did something to get pulled over for..
Old 08-18-2009, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

i guess i beat a ws6 with full exhaust, ls6 intake, and ported heads we were neck n neck till mid 2nd gear then i pulled. he asked if i sprayed him and i was like i just have a full exhaust setup n thats it lol i think the guy he bought it off of screwed him lol
Old 08-18-2009, 05:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slow5.0.
You going on a tuesday or something? I could dead hook that tire and Im pretty sure I make a tad more torque Try going on a thursday at IRP. Night and day diff over a a shitty tues.
Yeah I've only had the car out once to ORP and it was on a tuesday night. I only got 2 runs out of it, but the 2nd run I stalled it up to 2200 rpm and left about half pedal and it spun BAD! I just need to tweak the suspension some more and try to find a happy medium with my car. We'll see what happens. I just picked up some 15" BFG DR's so we'll see what happens!

Originally Posted by purdueranger
It's not a 10 second car until it runs 2 10 second runs back to back.
I agree with ya man. I have to prove it! That means 2 consecutive passes.... But I feel the car DOES have it in it, I just need to put it down to the ground!

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
The cops don't mess with me, cause I ruin ****. They recognize!!
You Wish man....

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
I think i mis-read it maybe they meant "the" county line not the road?? Where is the Johnson/Marion line? Is it County Line Rd? The name would lead you to believe so... Either way slow down and use your signal (james).
HAHA- Very Funny man!

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
ya thats cause you have to GET out to be pulled over benny......LOL

i was on the bike and saw at least 4-5 people pulled over each pass down 31....going north and south...was retarted....i say that anyone who made it up or down 31 without getting pulled over this weekend should call it a WIN!!!
hope to get the other car out before end of summer see ya soon
WURD
*FAIL

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
"Most of the stops were for speeding, but officers also watch for moving violations such as unsafe lane changes and failure to use turn signals, Mount said."

There you go James haha.
Alright now Damnit... lol
"I used my signal."

Only problem with that is that all the racing is done in Indianapolis..... south of County Line Rd it is Greenwood...... when is the last time anyone got pulled over on 31 by a Greenwood cop? It's also been going on since before the 80's... the suds alone has been around since like the 60's and a lot of those guys would hit 31 and other spots after they were at the suds.

I remember two summers years back when they craked down like this and I never got pulled over..... I never got pulled over on 31 anytime I ever went out any year..... If you get pulled over you did something to get pulled over for..
DAMNIT! LOL
I'm guilty there too. haha
Although I just got a warning for too loud of an exhaust and too dark of taillights, and bald tires (which were BRAND NEW MT ET Street radials) lol, Exhaust being cut off under the car and not extending PAST the REAR AXLE?? WTF?, and also b/c there was a complaint that I was street racing.... Although after the cop heard me take off from the light he said it was probably just b/c my car was so loud that someone probably thought I was racing... haha SO I just got away with a warning for the exhaust and a verbal for the rest of the ****!

I swear It's like the cops just FLOCK to me or something!
Old 08-18-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

James, when I had the red car my dad told me that I had to be carefull because If I got pulled over if the cop wanted to I could get a BUNCH of tickets.........

I have heard the exhast and axle one... next car I will have it come like and inch or two past the axle, enough to pull the rear out while the exhaust is still in but still legal.

If you get a ticket for the tires take a time/date stamped picture of the tread with a trad depth gauge or quarter in the tread and Im sure it will get droped...

Your car is getting to the point that you will have to do what I had to do and that is creep and be really really carefull......... The days of cruising the IROC and bird po-po free are gone haha.

You and I know you are not mr respectfull to cops and that does not help haha..

If you have any swap meet parts let me know, the rest of mine are going to the Hendricks County Fairgrounds swap meet Saturday.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:40 PM
10 Second Club

James, when I had the red car my dad told me that I had to be carefull because If I got pulled over if the cop wanted to I could get a BUNCH of tickets.........

I have heard the exhast and axle one... next car I will have it come like and inch or two past the axle, enough to pull the rear out while the exhaust is still in but still legal.

If you get a ticket for the tires take a time/date stamped picture of the tread with a trad depth gauge or quarter in the tread and Im sure it will get droped...

Your car is getting to the point that you will have to do what I had to do and that is creep and be really really carefull......... The days of cruising the IROC and bird po-po free are gone haha.

You and I know you are not mr respectfull to cops and that does not help haha..

If you have any swap meet parts let me know, the rest of mine are going to the Hendricks County Fairgrounds swap meet Saturday.
Right on man, I'll see if I have anything hanging around.
As for the "Mr Respectful to the cops" IDK what your talking about.
I'm respectful to an extent. I just don't like the bullshit some of them try to pull b/c they have that badge and gun on.... But I do respect them for what they do when they don't take it to the extreme.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Right on man, I'll see if I have anything hanging around.
As for the "Mr Respectful to the cops" IDK what your talking about.
I'm respectful to an extent. I just don't like the bullshit some of them try to pull b/c they have that badge and gun on.... But I do respect them for what they do when they don't take it to the extreme.
To bad all those heads and stuff are rusted out....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Launching!

Anyone looking for a great DD my buddie has a 2000 cavi for sale m5 speed, system. New motor and new trans under warrenty 4500 out the door. let me know if you know someone thxs guys

-Travis
Old 08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have this rattle in the back right, sounds like the hatch keeps moving when i hit a little bump on the road kinda sounds like a cricket. anyone know what this is or if subframe connectors will fix this?
Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

check the all fittings, could be a loose bolt somewhere and if you have grease fittings, grease them up.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:25 PM
11 Second Club

Any of u guys coming up to RPMs Track day Sept 4th. Its free. Hell come on up and let me bust that *** lmao!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 PM
10 Second Club

lake>racing when I don't have a race car anymore.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dragman
Any of u guys coming up to RPMs Track day Sept 4th. Its free. Hell come on up and let me bust that *** lmao!
Maybe, where is it at?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
Maybe, where is it at?
Muncie. I am getting my car worked on at RPM so I should be there.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by purdueranger
check the all fittings, could be a loose bolt somewhere and if you have grease fittings, grease them up.
well i checked for loose bolts and couldnt find any but then it started raining and it was getting in the garage so im gonna check again tom. thx for the idea
Old 08-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone on here interested in tuning for a gear swap on a 98 formula in about a week or so. Gears going in saterday and everyone says I have to get it tuned. I would like to wait for a few other mods but if I have to I will.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmofield
Anyone on here interested in tuning for a gear swap on a 98 formula in about a week or so. Gears going in saterday and everyone says I have to get it tuned. I would like to wait for a few other mods but if I have to I will.
How long do you need to wait for the other mods?

If those mods require tuning and it's only a couple months or so just run it. Your speedo will be off by the % change in gears and the shift points won't seem right.

Just avoid any WOT shifts (it will probably bounce off the limiter) as the CPU waits for the MPH to shift and can't because your bouncing at 6,200RPM.

EDIT: I assumed you have an A4, if you have a M6 then the only prob you will have is a speedo that is off.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

yep its an a4. In order to adjust shift points would It need a full on tune or can someone just hook up to and do it that way? If the price is right and someones willing I can do it saterday night. Also the other mods will be coming more around winter will be going ls6 intake full exhaust and maybe spray.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Launching!

Im selling my car if you guys have anyone interested in a strong ws6 check out the for sale section guys thxs.

-Travis

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!