Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009 | 02:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Indykid
What up fellas? Lol
Been a long time since I have see that screen name or car haha.
Old 08-16-2009 | 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by harbaugh
well....i guess it was a good night yesterday...makin laps with some ten second cars and one 8 sec. car...haha...pretty sure people around the circle were like O MY!!...haha...then i wax the turbo ls honda on 16 lbs..which he talked **** until he got beat then he was cool..haha...then do about 140 on 465 after that..lol..then to top it off i get two tickets....one... "for loud *** noisy exhaust" in the cops words..second for not having my registration signed.......f in sweet!!...and sorry i peaced out after that james....but i was all sorts of pissed...i dont know if u heard me leave but i made sure my car was extra loud!!..lol
Yeah that was some bullshit. Hell they even made my brother come back to the parking lot with you guys so that they could write you and him both tickets. What a bunch of ******* ********. Not to mention A few hours before that, I got pulled over for not having signaled when entering into Autozones parking lot. And I simply told the cop "That's BULLSHIT... I turned my signal on....especially b/c I saw the other ******* cop right next to me on my left and he didn't stop me. But you were 2 cars behind me and my girlfriend was behind me in her camaro, but yet you managed to see me not signal huh?" So what's the real reason you pulled me over? "He said, don't worry, if your license are legit you'll be on your way." So I sat there for 10 minutes and he said have a good night. THANK GOD! I had turned into AutoZone and turned off my car and got out before he pulled up. Then a State Trooper Pulled up and said, "I thought you had a runner" I was like WHAT? Yeah I'm gonna run on foot, but I have a low 11 second street car that I have a better chance of out running you in. And yet you have my license plate number and everything! What a bunch of idiots man I swear.

Well anyways, I'm glad everything worked out for you and you got to go home.

Most COPS ARE ****! And always got to mess with us somehow.
Old 08-16-2009 | 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

I never had any problems with the cops but will admit I was super nervous when a few cops told us to leave peatros and I did not want to start the car a few years back........

I think they are just craking down on all the idiots and get a few minding their own buisniess in the process....... I went like 1 block on 31 Friday night and was around idiots just for that distance.... and it was a bike with a chick on it, a mustang, a truck and a white GTP with a turbo swap and black wheels with stickies up front that can't hook....

Im suprised people don't go out on Sunday's, no cops and 31 is dead....

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 08-16-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2009 | 07:34 PM
10 Second Club

last night the cops were out like hell. I made 3 trips to Auto Zone to help replace a starter on Someone's camaro.
Old 08-17-2009 | 04:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by purdueranger
nope, no fox bodies. too many of them running around the SS.
By a ton you mean maybe 4 or 5. I go out every weekend and Ive seen a white one, a red one, a primered one and maybe a gt or two.. I have the car so I am always looking for them.

What i do see are f bodies galore.

Last edited by Slow5.0.; 08-17-2009 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-17-2009 | 04:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Well you got some good mph there, If you need to borrow the mt dr's off my car, lmk and we can put them on for you. Maybe it will help your times a lil bit. I just spin right through them, but they may work for your car since you don't have a ton of tq. like me...

I'd be willing to go to ORP with ya and see what happens.

lmk

James
You going on a tuesday or something? I could dead hook that tire and Im pretty sure I make a tad more torque Try going on a thursday at IRP. Night and day diff over a a shitty tues.
Old 08-17-2009 | 04:21 AM
Launching!

well....i guess it was a good night yesterday...makin laps with some ten second cars and one 8 sec. car...haha...pretty sure people around the circle were like O MY!!...haha...then i wax the turbo ls honda on 16 lbs..which he talked **** until he got beat then he was cool..haha...then do about 140 on 465 after that..lol..then to top it off i get two tickets....one... "for loud *** noisy exhaust" in the cops words..second for not having my registration signed.......f in sweet!!...and sorry i peaced out after that james....but i was all sorts of pissed...i dont know if u heard me leave but i made sure my car was extra loud!!..lol
What cars were those?
Old 08-17-2009 | 07:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Slow5.0.
What i do see are f bodies galore.
i will agree with these. 5 years ago you could count on one hand how many fbods were out. now it's like...ls1 fbods and gtos are everywhere. part of the money lending fiasco i guess haha.
Old 08-17-2009 | 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by purdueranger
last night the cops were out like hell. I made 3 trips to Auto Zone to help replace a starter on Someone's camaro.
2nd that. I was in Greenwood taking care of a few things Friday night and figured I'd drive around a little. It was around 10pm, I see about 3 ppl pulled over and I get tailed for about 2 miles. Although at that same time I remembered my license expired 2 days ago on my BDay and I haven't had a chance to get it renewed yet... so I just got the hell out of dodge.

I don't know if they were running OPO or what, but they were everywhere...
Old 08-17-2009 | 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

anyone know a muffler shop in indy that will work on a true dual setup?
Old 08-17-2009 | 11:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nolimit5685
anyone know a muffler shop in indy that will work on a true dual setup?

Mufflers and more, in Westfield.
Old 08-17-2009 | 11:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Been a long time since I have see that screen name or car haha.

Your screen name doesn't look familiar.
Old 08-17-2009 | 12:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slow5.0.
What cars were those?
there was a built nova...and the lt1 car and james car...hasnt hit tens but im sure its got it in it....lol
Old 08-17-2009 | 12:11 PM
Launching!

there was a built nova...and the lt1 car and james car...hasnt hit tens but im sure its got it in it....lol
hahaha james's car really a 10's car, no way man. lmao again jp james god i like giving you guys hell. Mainly cuz i know my ***** weak hahaha

-Travis
Old 08-17-2009 | 12:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I never had any problems with the cops but will admit I was super nervous when a few cops told us to leave peatros and I did not want to start the car a few years back........

I think they are just craking down on all the idiots and get a few minding their own buisniess in the process....... I went like 1 block on 31 Friday night and was around idiots just for that distance.... and it was a bike with a chick on it, a mustang, a truck and a white GTP with a turbo swap and black wheels with stickies up front that can't hook....

Im suprised people don't go out on Sunday's, no cops and 31 is dead....
guy with that car is pretty cool and not an "idiot".. if you knew him you would probably disagree with that, but that car is baddass.. sorry for the worthless post
Old 08-17-2009 | 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Indykid
Your screen name doesn't look familiar.
I don't get on the forums much these days......... I was on indycarz for a while untill it got really retarded.

Originally Posted by 94 s dime
guy with that car is pretty cool and not an "idiot".. if you knew him you would probably disagree with that, but that car is baddass.. sorry for the worthless post

Ive seen him or been around him a few times..... not calling him an idiot, just think to many people don't think before they act sometimes.......... (I was the same way years ago though so I guess I can't say much... and that night I was racing a GTP haha)

Not to smart to try to show off to a girl on a bike by flooring it 10 feet past a light that just truned green with all sorts of people in front of you who are just minding their own buisness........ the guy in the truck though was not much better.

It looks like he has a lot of time and money in the car and it is not a hack job..... he just needs to hook

If it is a blue 69 SS with a black top that is Mike Goodman, James and I know him, it went 8.6's a few weeks ago on a very very small shot...... when he says it is an 8 second street car that is an understatement haha. It has a lot left in it.

Last edited by JUICED96Z; 08-17-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2009 | 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

It's not a 10 second car until it runs 2 10 second runs back to back.
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:35 PM
Teching In

Hi, I'm Art. I live in Lafayette. Working on my 1st LS engine...408 iron block...

quick question...
could you guys recommend a reputable shop in Indy that works with LS based engines. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-17-2009 | 02:38 PM
Launching!

There is an artical on Indystar about how the cops are cracking down on speeders on 31. They are targeting the area from southern plaza to County Line....
Old 08-17-2009 | 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by artlsx10
Hi, I'm Art. I live in Lafayette. Working on my 1st LS engine...408 iron block...

quick question...
could you guys recommend a reputable shop in Indy that works with LS based engines. Thanks for the help.
I don't think there is any shop that does nothing but LS stuff, just some that mess with them from time to time. You might ask LT1formula007 (James) how his buddy liked Steve Schmit's work.

Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
There is an artical on Indystar about how the cops are cracking down on speeders on 31. They are targeting the area from southern plaza to County Line....
Now everyone will just go south of County Line haha.

If you ask me they have been craking down more and more over the years.... some years worse then others... but I don't blame them, just look at how many people have been killed in that area or the bad wrecks over the last 5 years or so....

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!