Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Dude! I'm BROKE! How and the hell could I possibly buy the car back?

Just keep it man, It's not the end of the world. Just cut out the section in the Lower Qtr. and weld in a new piece. It's not that hard to do man. Then the same with the small hole in the floor and then do your sanding and small ding repairs. Then paint it and slap a motor in it.

It's not that hard man. As far as selling it goes, I though that you wanted to get a car on the road. Well theres your car. Lets put it back together and just roll with it man.
Your broke from trying to get your car on the road, I am broke from medical bills haha.

We wanted to get a car on the road untill we saw the damage, the rust in the lip was also more then what you could see. After replacing that quarter and getting paint on it its going to be at least a grand for a cheap job. Then the cost of the interior parts then the cost of a motor and trans.

The wife just does not want to mess with it. If the quarter was not shot then she would be ok with it.

You know i will take payments

I think sometimes I am to kind to people and in the end I just get burned....
Old 03-12-2009, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to burn ya man.
I told you to take it if you wanted it & If you didn't want it then that was cool. You came over and looked at it and said you wanted it. WE BOTH didn't know about the damage to the inside of the qtr. panel. But thats what happens to old cars. They rust.
If you feel I burned you then Sorry! Other than that I have nothing else to say! That was not my intentions...TTYL Man.

James
Old 03-12-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Addict

If you break that wheel stud you are going to have to replace it.

I figured you would at least want to do a little something since I was nice about the rear end. I did not know it had 4.10's in it. You came and looked at it and bout it, found out it had 4.10's and I bought it back. Kind of the same story with the car, I did not know it had a giant rust hole in the quarter. I mean its not like I don't know you and I found the car on cragslist or we have not known each other for years.

I don't feel you burned me, unlike the 83 saga I honestly feel you did not know about the hole. I just feel that over the years I have gone out of my way to try and help people and be nice and in the end the only thing I have to show for it is burn marks.

All well........ from here on out all sales final for aynone on anything. If something happens after a few hours or days Im not going to take it back or offer to Granted most people will say I should have been like that from the get-go but I guess I was trying to be a nice guy
Old 03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

The swap has begun!
Got my junk tore down to the timing cover,minus the crank pulley(waiting for a puller from James ) and got the coil packs,plugs,radiator, valve covers, off tonight.
Should be an easy day for Saturday.
The new idle video will come Saturday.

BTW If anybody wants to come by and hang out or help out saturday PM me.
I'll buy pizza and soda/beer.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** happens guys, ive bought cars ive looked over only to tear them apart and end up crushing them, not even dicking with trying to sell it

as for parts to put that together, i have/had or will have metal to fix parts of that car, along with anything else you might need. if you do decide to fix the car let me know i will be more than happy to help out

95% of every thirdgen ive seen has rust in the same areas, if you find one that doesnt, you are lucky, ive searched and searched, and parted more of those cars than ive owned. i just had good quarters/floors/ and such, but let the car go to the crusher because i had nobody wanting any of it, hell i wouldve probably given it away.

hindsights 20/20
Old 03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

This is a not very common spot. I now know to check that area if the hatch seal is bad. Its solid in the other typical spots. Yes most these days are rust buckets. The ones that are not are low mile cars. The 83 I had just has one spot on the drivers side front wheel well and it was under the paint and I have yet to see a third gen that did not have that and in the same spot unless someone sanded it out and painted it.

If I can't sell it I will part it out for what I have in it and send it to the crusher. I may be forced to do that.

James, there should be a guy sending you a PM on that PCM, I told him I thought it was a 99+ but was not sure. He is wanting to buy it and the rails and injectors off me.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1leadfoot
haha....i love the topic of conversation lol
love me----hate me------ love to hate me hahahahahaha

all the props go to THE BIZ on that shroud he hooked a brother up
travis thanks for the dibs on the n20 line...
purdueranger good luck on the tranny install and the rest of engine going back together
it was good to get back out this past weekend man i tell ya.....but WOW were all the cops on the force out on the south side LOL
Woot! Told you that setup would be badass! I saw you at the liquor store last weekend. Car looks good with the new additions to the styling ques. Pistons shipped today! ******* right doggie!
Old 03-13-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
If you break that wheel stud you are going to have to replace it.

OK! Thats fair since you want to be cheap.

I figured you would at least want to do a little something since I was nice about the rear end. I did not know it had 4.10's in it. You came and looked at it and bout it, found out it had 4.10's and I bought it back. Kind of the same story with the car, I did not know it had a giant rust hole in the quarter. I mean its not like I don't know you and I found the car on cragslist or we have not known each other for years.

As Far as the rearend goes, I understand where you are coming from. However the rearend situation has very little to no similarities to what happened here. If you buy a car it's AS-IS. I bought the rearend thinking it was something that it was not. (3.73's not 4.10's)-And Thank You for giving me my money back. I appreciate that.
However the car was what I told you it was. A roller that needed attention and you knew that. It's not like you bought the Iroc thinking it was a Firebird. (thus 3.73's not 4.10's) As far as the quarter panel goes YOU said out of your own mouth that you was probably going to replace the qtr. panel if you could not fix the rust spot in the qtr above the wheel well. Did you or did you not??? With that being said, Now your hurting on money because of medical bills and now you are wanting me to buy it back. And now you are making excuses about the car so that I will buy it back from you. I sold the car b/c I didn't want it. And you knew that the car was not even mine. I had to go buy it off of my friend to get it, and then turn around and sell it to you.
So why and the hell would I buy it back from you when I didn't even want it back in the first place? Anyways. If your pissed about the way the deal fell through then thats on you. I am trying to be as fair as I can but you knew the situation with the car and even said you didn't care if you had to replace the qtr. panel b/c you were going to get the body work all done first and then get it painted and that you were in NO BIG HURRY!

I don't feel you burned me, unlike the 83 saga I honestly feel you did not know about the hole. I just feel that over the years I have gone out of my way to try and help people and be nice and in the end the only thing I have to show for it is burn marks.

Ok and again I'm not trying to burn you. I DID NOT KNOW about the rust in the lower qtr. panel behind the ground effect! But with all do respect I feel like you are just trying to pawn the car back on me b/c you have some money problems and need to pay some bills. Do you not remember me selling parts for you and buying parts from you to help you out the last time you were broke and could'nt pay your bills? Ok with all do respect your starting to **** me the fu(k off with the bullshit man. So what the hell do you suggest I do about this? LMK

All well........ from here on out all sales final for aynone on anything. If something happens after a few hours or days Im not going to take it back or offer to Granted most people will say I should have been like that from the get-go but I guess I was trying to be a nice guy

Thats fine by me!

James

PS) If you have something to say to me or want to work this out, do it over the phone and not over a national forum. I don't have time for 3rd grade Bullshit!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

You said you were broke James, I was saying that you and I are in two different boats when it comes to being broke. My PP caused mine and racing caused yours haha. Im not MAD at you. I was simply venting over some of the things that have happend with me and the car scene over the last few years. Said in my last post that i honestly feel you did not know about the issue and that I did not feel that YOU burned me. Do i feel burned in a few situations? Yes. Do I blame anyone but myself? No.

I figured you might know someone that would want the car and that you might be able to make some money off it or someone or part it out for me. It was one of those you help me and help yourself at the same time type things.

I did think that maybe you would offer something but I am not mad about it in any way. I think a lot of what I said was directed at you and I am sorry if it came across that way.

Ill call you Monday or you can call me after things calm down but like I said.... I don't feel like you burned me an any way... I let myself get burned on a few things and I have myself to blame for that and I am still talking to you so? hahaha

You more then anyone know when I get mad at people and I don't talk to people when I am mad and you have seen me do that recently with you know who and the other.

I do have to say that I don't feel that asking you to replace the wheel stud if it breaks is nnot me being cheap. You do have to admit that it would be a pretty big negative for someone wanting to buy the car to know they would ahve to replace a wheel stud

Yes some might not care but some do

I did not sell the rear end as is. I could of but I was looking out for you incase something came up with it. There are a lot of people that would have said 3.73 and then when you found out it was not that they would have said sorry about your luck. Thats all I was trying to say.

Have a good one
Old 03-13-2009, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Thats cool man. I just saw what you wrote and I took it that you were talking **** and making me look bad on here when All I was trying to do was help you out with getting another car. I mean hell I bought the car from my buddy CASH and held it for you and took Payments from you till it was paid off and I didn't even make ANYTHING for doing it that way. I just wanted to sell the car to a friend or someone in town so I could see the car from time to time. Hell I had that car for over 7 years man.
But anyways all is good. But your words were a little to directed to me for me not to say anything. TTYL Man!

James
Old 03-13-2009, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ws98ta
BTW If anybody wants to come by and work on my **** saturday PM me.
fixed. i would stop by tomorrow, but i got fucked into working what will turn out to be a 12-14 hour day. it's OT, but i actually had plans this weekend; figures.

3rd gens definately are fickle creatures.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
Dude, you complain more then anyone I have ever meet. You make dumb decissions then expect erveryone to feel sorry for you. We have all been on the short end of the stick on a purchase, we get over it and move on. You post it in every thread you can find, bitch, complain and want everyone to feel sympathetic. Its annoying, you claim you are broke from medical bills but then earlier you talk about wasting thousands on the 83 and the parts for it. I don't get it, do you want everyones to feel sorry for you?

As for the stud, I don't even know the deal but if you want I will give you a spare stud I have laying around, or I will go to autozone and buy you a $1.50 stud, hell I will even take the ten minutes and put it in for you, just quit carrying on like a two year old.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Well I have missed out on a lot of things !!
Old 03-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Teching In

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

gayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

U guy's need a group Hug!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

First Of I want to say thanks to everyone that came over to hang out and help.
Big Thanks to James for the special puller and help with the valve springs! I know I said you didn't have to help so THANKS AGAIN I owe you one so LMK if there's anything you need.
Second off----IT RUNS! Had a few issues with broken new parts and my air compressor regulator. We got it fired up at just past 4 am. Let it run long enough to to get warmed up and check for leaks/fill fluids, that was it for the night.
I know I said I would send videos but this cam is a little much for the stock tune to find idle with. I am hoping I can find someone to just bump my idle till I can get an appt. for a tune.
I am going to let it fully warm up today and I will get a video up if it does idle.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^what cam?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
what cam?
Its a tsp 231-237. Its an oldie but I have heard nothing but good things.
Its about the biggest I could go with my stall.

BTW my friend is here with a torquer v2 if you want to hear it.
I know the specs are close to the v3(duration and lsa wise).
PM me if your interested in taking a listen/ride in the car.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gotta love the Drama Llama! LT1-Boy, out!
Old 03-15-2009, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Idle video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFYT9RoDRKI

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!