Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1-NAVY
well im still going to install the cam for summer but my plans for the car have changed
oh do tell? lol
Old 01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris C.
July 3rd is the indy hp shootout. They have a N/A class 4,6,8 and a power adder class 4,6,8 and a quick eight. Its all real street cars from the area and some from other states. It pretty much shows who can push who's **** in. But all B.S. talkers who are too chicken to run complain they want clocks off because they don't want people to know how fast or slow they really are.

Should be nice this year being on a saturday, since it would make saturday night interesting. Word is some serious King of the street cars are supposed to be coming for the event and nighttime activitys.
as long as something dont break and the night cruising be out for some people.... If we go a full day and all the street cars there make it back to the southside it will be a good day
Old 01-27-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrob56
oh do tell? lol
working on getting a nasty street 383 together so i can hang with teh indy cars
Old 01-27-2010, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

working on getting a nasty street 383 together so i can hang with the indy cars
uh oh....
Sounds like somebody is planning on coming out and TRYING to be "King of the Street". lol j/k
Hope everything works out for you man.
If not, I'll sell you a 403.

I plan on going with something special later on down the road.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
uh oh....
Sounds like somebody is planning on coming out and TRYING to be "King of the Street". lol j/k

lol i want just around a 500rwhp 383 then i will add some spray later on down the road (175-200 shot)

but all this is still in the research stage with getting prices and necessary mods before this happens (besides rear end lol ik ik retarded)
Old 01-28-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

uh oh....

you aint sellin the 403
Old 01-28-2010, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
you aint sellin the 403
Make me an offer I can't refuse and see what happens....

I want a new setup here in the next few years... But I'm leaning more towards selling off all of my assets and starting a business or investing my cash into different areas. I'm starting to think about my future and not for the summer anymore.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

lol i want just around a 500rwhp 383 then i will add some spray later on down the road (175-200 shot)

but all this is still in the research stage with getting prices and necessary mods before this happens (besides rear end lol ik ik retarded)
You'll come to realize very fast just how much money your looking at spending, and then probably $hit your pants. hahaha
good luck bro
Old 01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Addict

You'll come to realize very fast just how much money your looking at spending, and then probably $hit your pants. hahaha
good luck bro
ha exactly, you just get to the point where going any further gets expensive!!! **** id be happy with a cam'd low mile ls1 or lq9 shortblock, swap my other **** over, and a rebuilt trans with a 4000 stall but dont even have the money for that budget build...o well guess ill just have to be content till after school...

good luck navy, you can always sell that sound system lol
Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 PM
11 Second Club

Here is what they do when cold in country area's around Louisville!
Attached Thumbnails Indy People....check-in and say hi!-img_3136.jpg  
Old 01-28-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Make me an offer I can't refuse and see what happens....

I want a new setup here in the next few years... But I'm leaning more towards selling off all of my assets and starting a business or investing my cash into different areas. I'm starting to think about my future and not for the summer anymore.
got a crispy 20 headed your way. Ill be there later to pick it up

lol if you ever get rid of it let me know... i might find something else to swap it into
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

good luck bro
ik complete long block falls just under 10k with tfs 215 heads fast 103 and all other goodies. then add full suspension then tune and install=
Old 01-28-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol its in my dd i gotta have tunes while driving every where
Old 01-28-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're all ghey. That is all, carry on.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

here is pics of wheels and tires for sale

Old 01-28-2010, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

ik complete long block falls just under 10k with tfs 215 heads fast 103 and all other goodies. then add full suspension then tune and install=
Thats about right.... OR you can get in touch with Blanco99ss and talk to him about an ls3 427 like me and with a set of TFS 235's it's only a tad bit more. PLUS it's built by HKE (erik) and he's among the top LSx Engine Builders around, and use to be a teacher at SAM.
Not to mention his engines are known to put down just a little more hp than other similar setups b/c he knows how to set them up with tighter, and more exact tolerances than other companies do. He really knows his $hit. Also he will build your engine to what your wanting to do with it and not just an engine that's thrown together and put off in a corner somewhere until someone buys it. It'll be built to what you intend on doing with it.
Anyways, just my oppinion. Good Luck and it'll be nice when it's done if you do decide to go that route. Hell it'd be really nice to see that setup in a LOW mileage car like yours... But the rest of the drivetrain will need attention SOON after.

Originally Posted by svtwhat?
got a crispy 20 headed your way. Ill be there later to pick it up

lol if you ever get rid of it let me know... i might find something else to swap it into
Lmao Sounds good bro. To be honest, IDK what it'd be worth really? I've got quite a bit in the whole car and wouldn't want to take a HUGE hit. But for the right amount, I'd sell it. If it comes down to it, I will let ya know man. I have 1 other person on here interested in it this coming winter, but we all know how plans change. He is wanting to do his rearend, trans, and suspension this summer. And get my engine this winter if everything goes as planned. But either way, I'm just gonna rock the 403 til I decide to go to the 427/+ cid engine.

ha exactly, you just get to the point where going any further gets expensive!!! **** id be happy with a cam'd low mile ls1 or lq9 shortblock, swap my other **** over, and a rebuilt trans with a 4000 stall but dont even have the money for that budget build...o well guess ill just have to be content till after school...

Yep, your right. You get to a certain point and after that, It gets REALLY expensive. I think that 11.49 @ ??? mph in the 1/4 mile is the point where it gets a little pricey.
BTW, I have a FRESH 0 MILE LQ4 shortblock at the house a friend of mine may decide to sell if he doesn't get back enough money at tax time to finsih his project. If he does, I'll lyk what he wants for it. If you decide to go that route. Hell it's a start. I had the engine rebuilt with NEW mahle pistons, rings, bearings, etc. from Schmidt Automotive last summer and it's still wrapped up in the bag. lol Also have a set of Low Mileage 5.3L truck heads too that should bring the compression up to 10.xx:1.

Originally Posted by TheBiz
You're all ghey. That is all, carry on.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats about right.... OR you can get in touch with Blanco99ss and talk to him about an ls3 427 like me and with a set of TFS 235's it's only a tad bit more. PLUS it's built by HKE (erik) and he's among the top LSx Engine Builders around, and use to be a teacher at SAM.
Not to mention his engines are known to put down just a little more hp than other similar setups b/c he knows how to set them up with tighter, and more exact tolerances than other companies do. He really knows his $hit. Also he will build your engine to what your wanting to do with it and not just an engine that's thrown together and put off in a corner somewhere until someone buys it. It'll be built to what you intend on doing with it.
Anyways, just my oppinion. Good Luck and it'll be nice when it's done if you do decide to go that route. Hell it'd be really nice to see that setup in a LOW mileage car like yours... But the rest of the drivetrain will need attention SOON after.
that who i am talking to lol
Old 01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
10 Second Club

Well good. Chris really knows a thing or 2 about what setup to go with for your own personal needs. Furthermore, his customer service is phenominal! When I go with another engine for my car, I'm getting it through him. (HKE)
Customer service from the distributor and Quality Products from the builder is 2 of the most important things you can have when spending the time, cash, and hard work on a new project. IMO!!!

You'll love the power from an LSx Based stroker.
Put it this way, the "Torque" is "Amazing", Almost better than sex!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

What up man?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkOUMEfSvnc

one of the best street videos ever!!!!!

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!