Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Indy People....check-in and say hi!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94 s dime
i need to find a new differential for the 9". spool doesnt sound good for the street, and truetrac doesnt like the track, and a locker is to noisy, lol doesnt leave me with many options haha. but harbs ill be up in gwood soon, also what was your trap int he 1/8th?
Quit being a Pu$$y and throw a Detroit Locker in there. LOL
It's a "Racecar" not a Daily Driven Honda. It's not supposed to be QUIET! It's just supposed to NOT BREAK!

But seriously, I will know for sure here soon just how noisy the Detroit Locker is man, I have my MWC Fab 9 on order now. If you want to ride in the car once it's running, lmk. That way if it's not too loud for your liking, then you can get 1 too. If it's not what you want, Then no harm done!
But at least, you'll know what to expect. From what I hear, it kinda sounds like a ratcheting sound (like a ratchet wrench), But IDK.

Anybody going out tonight?? I'll be out til about 1 or 2 am.
Supposed to be a few guys coming out tonight. Hoping to see some fun things unfold,
Old 04-03-2010, 12:10 AM
Launching!

harbs good times i think its funny you dont like to txt me back or even de-friended me on facebook cuz a buddie of mine was talkin about racing you....yes come july it will be fun to see you both...acually there is a fox body mustang getting tuned wednesday.....N/A seriously...he will be at orp come next thrusday if it doesnt rain...hed be a good race also...
Old 04-03-2010, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Quit being a Pu$$y and throw a Detroit Locker in there. LOL
It's a "Racecar" not a Daily Driven Honda. It's not supposed to be QUIET! It's just supposed to NOT BREAK!

But seriously, I will know for sure here soon just how noisy the Detroit Locker is man, I have my MWC Fab 9 on order now. If you want to ride in the car once it's running, lmk. That way if it's not too loud for your liking, then you can get 1 too. If it's not what you want, Then no harm done!
But at least, you'll know what to expect. From what I hear, it kinda sounds like a ratcheting sound (like a ratchet wrench), But IDK.

Anybody going out tonight?? I'll be out til about 1 or 2 am.
Supposed to be a few guys coming out tonight. Hoping to see some fun things unfold,
We went to a movie and cruised around in an unmarked white crown vic, needless to say its a lot of fun to watch people's reaction to your presence
Old 04-03-2010, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

I like to hear opinions on differentials.. but I was told when I bought the 9" that the differential would handle what I was doing with the car..and the first pass on the good tune it breaks!
Old 04-03-2010, 09:43 AM
10 Second Club

Everyone told me that my 12 bolt wouldn't hold what my Camaro was making but it held up to my power and is in another car and still taking a beating.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

and truetrac doesnt like the track, and a locker is to noisy, lol doesnt leave me with many options haha.
TrueTrac would be a good choice for Drag Racing! Where did u here that they are not? Or are u talking about a OEM TrackLoc? What did u break in ur 9 inch?

Last edited by Dragman; 04-03-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Regular

The treutrac, I'm almost 100% sure those helical gears are stripped...and it broke on the track..still drives, just makes a **** ton of noise
Old 04-03-2010, 11:05 PM
11 Second Club

The treutrac, I'm almost 100% sure those helical gears are stripped...and it broke on the track..still drives, just makes a **** ton of noise
Alot of Guy's are using them well into the 9s. Never heard much bad on them. Moser swear's by them!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

If moser swears by them, they should warranty a part that's not even a year old
Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Thats what you get for throwing soooo much power at it playa ....just playin around. You have a point tho they should warranty that, i mean **** i had a 6 month warranty from RPM for my tranny....
Old 04-04-2010, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by jrob56
We went to a movie and cruised around in an unmarked white crown vic, needless to say its a lot of fun to watch people's reaction to your presence
LMAO... My friend from a few years ago did that 1 night. He bought a Crown Vic from an auction, still had the spot light and strobes in it haha. And he rode around 31 all night riding peoples asses and EVERYONE was going like 5 undewr the speed limit, we pulled off and they took off lol. We also sat in parking lots at the ends of the tunnels and when people would come flying out of them, we flew out, rode their asses, and then got next to them and rolled the windows down. lmao!
Good Times!

I like to hear opinions on differentials.. but I was told when I bought the 9" that the differential would handle what I was doing with the car..and the first pass on the good tune it breaks!
I agree, I'd be shitty if my car broke a differential that I was told will hold. If I break the Locker, I'm saying F-It and putting a spool in it bro. Thats just how I feel.
I Shouldn't be able to break a spool I don't think. BUT who knows. When you race, **** happens you know. It just sucks when it does.

*On a serious note, I'm gonna try to have the camaro running in 2 weeks. But I'll be waiting to put the 9 inch in tho! I have a guy who is pretty serious about wanting to buy it. If he does, I won't be out doing much *** kicking this year. But, If not I'll be ready for racing season in a month.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Teching In

i need to find a new differential for the 9". spool doesnt sound good for the street, and truetrac doesnt like the track, and a locker is to noisy, lol doesnt leave me with many options haha. but harbs ill be up in gwood soon, also what was your trap int he 1/8th?
it was 92.25mph and 8.08 1/8th sir....sounds like ill be spendin money soon on a rearend also!!!me and james and bunch of us were like hot lapin friday night!!i gave my car hell for like 35 to 40 mins!!hahahait was good times!!i did a 130 fly by down the walls....i was in jus one of those moods were i dont give a f(uck!!!lmao..which happins often..lol
Old 04-04-2010, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

lol, Yeah it was a good night that's for sure.
130 Fly-By was NUTZ... But damnit your car runs HARD! I can't believe how well that things runs man. It pulls even harder up top than it does down low.
Good Way to hang with the Z06. BTW I got 1 Video of you actually putting a car on the Z06 thru the walls. I don't know if he was in the wrong gear or what, But a win is a win. lol
Usually he gets you by a car to a car and a half max. But damn that was a good run. Well Actually that was before you had it re-tuned also.
Either way- Good Runs. I'll post videos on my F-Quick tonight man!
Old 04-04-2010, 03:41 PM
TECH Regular

Serious about buying the car?? Or the 9"? Lol
Old 04-04-2010, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

No He's SERIOUS about buying my 98 Z! He offered me ALOT of $ already (CASH in Hand), But I didn't want to let it go for the price he offered me. So I countered with a higher price, and he said Get it running and we'll talk. Needless to say the price I told him was More than enough to make me Sell it.
Lets all say a small prayer at dinner tonight. lol
I want to sell it sooo bad now hahaha!
I'm already planning my new build.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Launching!

3 f n wide after my clutch gets installed....harbs, traz, joey winner gets a handshake
Old 04-04-2010, 04:21 PM
10 Second Club

I gotta see this... Thats prolly gonna be the closest race of the year. Between 3 equally matched cars.

And then, you'll see Sea Biscuit coming around the outside.... LOL!
Of coarse we all know who does the Ricer Fly-By in the White Z from time to time. hahaha

BTW Videos are up on my F-Quick for those of you who wanted to see them.
Harbaugh has a Special little video he wanted to show to Travis... j/k
It's 1 of his car on street tires playing around a little bit. And another 1 of him and a Z06!

James
Old 04-04-2010, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

i really want a run with harbs! im on street tires so it should be an even match, i honestly think its going to be one of my closest races.. im still unsure on the outcome lol
Old 04-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Launching!

hoping to have the clutch in by this wknd maybe but im putting 200 miles on it before i even think about playing with you big boys
Old 04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

If moser swears by them, they should warranty a part that's not even a year old
Did they say they wouldn't warranty it. Besides ur guessing whats broke!

Quick Reply: Indy People....check-in and say hi!