Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I heard of miller's car inside, it doesn't really drone too badly when cruising, but it does get stupid loud when you punch it. I'd check out summit for the cats then. I deleted my AIR today, so I'm sure I'll get a code soon enough.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Miller are you catted then?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

pretty sure he isn't..
Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SLPGTP

Cats??? what are those...
That's one of the only reasons I like living here...you can pretty much do anything to your car and not have to worry about it...
I run pacesetter's with an ORY and a borla and it does not have any drone either, the only person's car I have heard any drone with is my friends pacesetters ORY and loudmouth..

Corsa's are pretty quite from what I have heard.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No I run pacesetter LT's and ORY so no cats, try driving in my car since i put the cut out on now
Old 02-17-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Then why the hell is mine so raspy? lol All I've done is Jet Hot headers and ORY and SLP lid. Nothin fancy!! I really hope that the large Corsa muffler is hitting something. It would have a vibration noise when it didn't get the amount of gas it wanted from a stand still before the headers. But usually only in reverse.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

You might have a baffle loose inside the muffler. There was a batch of corsa ones that had a bad habit of doing that a while back. The more wide open a muffler or exhaust is, the more rasp will be heard. Miller I haven't heard your car with the cutout open, is it really THAT loud?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blackhawk777
You might have a baffle loose inside the muffler. There was a batch of corsa ones that had a bad habit of doing that a while back. The more wide open a muffler or exhaust is, the more rasp will be heard. Miller I haven't heard your car with the cutout open, is it really THAT loud?
I'll post some vids up later, lets just say if ur gonna run next to me you better roll ur window up or make sure ur gonna be ahead of me cuz u will be deaf by the end of the run
Old 02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by miller456
No I run pacesetter LT's and ORY so no cats, try driving in my car since i put the cut out on now

passed me the other day and it was quiet...

haha, must have not had the cutout open...
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

When was this? I havent even had the car out for awhile its been in storage Theres another car just like mine even black zr1 wheels but he doesnt have an ss hood or wing. Also my car is definitely not quiet, the ONLY time is somewhat quiet is on the highway, good ol m6 going 65 at 1300rpm.

Oh and the cutout is a manual one, ive never even had the plate on it, who needs to be quiet! lol
Old 02-17-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Ehh who needs hearing? I go to enough concerts to be deaf by now anyways lol. BTW, anybody got an ls6 intake cheap besides the classifieds?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good luck finding an ls6 intake local

edit: here are a couple vids I found and the one at the end is just for everyones enjoyment if you are bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKgtH...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgt3r...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0xVs...e=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlZXj...e=channel_page

Last edited by miller456; 02-17-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

I know a few of those cars. Looks like good runs all around.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you bought me a FAST and traded me you could have my LS6 intake. lol

So what do I do if a baffle is loose? They have a warranty don't they?
Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by miller456
When was this? I havent even had the car out for awhile its been in storage Theres another car just like mine even black zr1 wheels but he doesnt have an ss hood or wing. Also my car is definitely not quiet, the ONLY time is somewhat quiet is on the highway, good ol m6 going 65 at 1300rpm.

Oh and the cutout is a manual one, ive never even had the plate on it, who needs to be quiet! lol
Maybe it was your look a like... This would have been last thursday before the snow on the 12th. I was moving a bed so the car passed by pretty quick for me to see but I caught a glimpse of a berger panel as he passed....
It probably wasn't you if you run the cutout open all the time then..

Originally Posted by Blackhawk777
BTW, anybody got an ls6 intake cheap besides the classifieds?

I would try asking Andrew69_04 he is pretty local (From Crete, just sw of lincoln) and I have bought some things off of him.
Other than that try looking in the MW classifieds and craigslist, I have found a couple things off of there.

Last edited by NebWS6; 02-18-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

To the local guys running headers did you install them yourself or have a shop do it?

I have Headers&ORY,Heads and cam,as as a dry shot to install in the spring and I trying to decide if I want to have a shop do it or rent a garage(my apartment garage is to small) and try it myself.

I have done plenty of work on old school cars but the camaro is a little cramped in the engine bay compared to them.

If you installed yourself how long did it take and would you be willing to lend a hand to a fellow F-body guy in the omaha area?

Last edited by popinsmoke; 02-19-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by popinsmoke
To the local guy runnign headers did you install them yourself or have a shop do it?

I have Headers&ORY,Heads and cam,as as a dry shot to install in the spring and I trying to decide if I want to have a shop do it or rent a garage(my apartment garage is to small) and try it myself.

I have done plenty of work on old school cars but the camaro is a little cramped in the engine bay compared to them.

If you installed yourself how long did it take and would you be willing to lend a hand to a fellow F-body guy in the omaha area?
which local guy??

I have an apartment garage and if yours is the standard 10x20 you could do it in there.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had a bunch of the guys in our local Grand Prix club help me out. I had a 12 second GTP prior to this. Well 12 second with a tune. Fastest run was 13.4 without the alcohol injection and old blower.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by popinsmoke
To the local guy runnign headers did you install them yourself or have a shop do it?

Ive done all the work to my car myself except the body and paint work from being wrecked. LT's are fairly simple to install and the cam is not that bad either, only pain is swapping the springs out. I have no problem helping and have a friend here that has a lift to make the headers and easy swap. Let me know when ur planning on doing this and I can see what I can do to help. Don't pay a shop, try it urself with some help and save some money
Old 02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a bunch of the guys in our local Grand Prix club help me out. I had a 12 second GTP prior to this. Well 12 second with a tune. Fastest run was 13.4 without the alcohol injection and old blower.
Is your name Nick?

Quick Reply: Corn Pickers from NE step inside!!!