Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

SS at Castleton (indy) Audi....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SS at Castleton (indy) Audi....

Well fellas the guy who bought my car traded it in to an Audi dealer in Castleton last night. Be on the look out Indy guys, if anyone sees it and is interested in it feel free to PM me for info, did all the mods myself and done right and is an excellent running car... or if you see it around, it's dark pewter metallic and has black z06 motorsport rims, 3" TD dumped at the axel and a good size cam (you def. know it's cammed) and a berger panel.

Hopefully someone sees it or gives it a new home!

Anyone wants pics just ask and I'll post em up. Thanks for the time/help whatever guys.

-Kyle
Old 02-25-2008, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any more info on it? How many miles? stick/auto? How much do ya think they'll put it up for?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

It's a built six-speed. The kid claims the dealership gave him 8k for it which is what I sold it for so as to what they will ask, maybe 8k maybe a few more I'm not really sure I couldn't imagine wanting more than that.

I sold it when it had 155k on the clock, I know it's alot but honestly it didn't run like it had that much. Compression was still good when I sold it and 0 leaking. Gaskets and a bunch of stuff replaced when the cam went in around 140k not that it needed it ( all parts were top of the line, for example I opted for the dual coil springs instead of saving a couple hundred on 918's)
chad @ greenlightmotorsports aka black02ss (I think) street tuned the car and seemed to be impressed with it and the miles.

Anything else just ask!

Here's a pic:

Last edited by 99camarosupersport; 02-26-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A friend of mine is saving for the new Camaro, but has been getting antsy lately. He even test drove an '08 Mustang GT - I called him a ***, so he took it back. Anyway, I'll mention this car to him, and see if he might want to check it out. Hopefully the Audi dealers don't jack the price up too much, but if we know what they got for it going in, that makes it easier to negotiate. I'll keep you posted if he ends up checking it out.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Teching In

The dealership will probably send it straight to auction because of the mileage. Audi cant have a car on their lot with 150k on it.Even though we know the differnce the general public is scared of it.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 97greenie
The dealership will probably send it straight to auction because of the mileage. Audi cant have a car on their lot with 150k on it.Even though we know the differnce the general public is scared of it.
This is true. I don't even know why I care honestly but I really do. If I'd known he was doing that I probably would've bought it back.

Z fury hopefully they don't and you're friend finds the car and gives it a new home.

Wanted to post this up to keep up on if anyone has saw it, also if anyone was interested it might at least make them a little more comfortable reading this.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
This is true. I don't even know why I care honestly but I really do. If I'd known he was doing that I probably would've bought it back.

Z fury hopefully they don't and you're friend finds the car and gives it a new home.

Wanted to post this up to keep up on if anyone has saw it, also if anyone was interested it might at least make them a little more comfortable reading this.
I'll call him tonight about it. His work schedule is pretty random, but I'll send him that way to check it out. Maybe he can intercept it before it is sent out.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, tell him to go in and if he doesn't see it on the lot to ask about it (probably somewhere inside getting detailed)... If he can ****** it before it goes to auction, that's be great... if he decides not to get it, please report back with how much they want, I'm interested in it too, just so far away for it to possibly not even be there

I also find it hard to believe they gave him $8k for it... for a 99 with over 155k miles, dealerships will be hard pressed to give more than 6k for anything with those numbers.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by CHRRRIS
Yea, tell him to go in and if he doesn't see it on the lot to ask about it (probably somewhere inside getting detailed)... If he can ****** it before it goes to auction, that's be great... if he decides not to get it, please report back with how much they want, I'm interested in it too, just so far away for it to possibly not even be there

I also find it hard to believe they gave him $8k for it... for a 99 with over 155k miles, dealerships will be hard pressed to give more than 6k for anything with those numbers.
They SHOWED him 8k and probably put 5500-6k in it hard money.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:04 PM

What is the actual name of the dealership?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by pushiniron
What is the actual name of the dealership?
I'm assuming Tom Wood Audi in Indy. That's the only actual Audi dealership I found in Indy while googleing. Castleton area fellas post up if I'm incorrect. I might call there tonight and see what they have to say.

IF they did give him 8k for the car (Which I doubt) I can't imagine them wanting much more, especially if they take it to auction they will just lose their *** on it.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm assuming Tom Wood Audi in Indy. That's the only actual Audi dealership I found in Indy while googleing. Castleton area fellas post up if I'm incorrect. I might call there tonight and see what they have to say.

IF they did give him 8k for the car (Which I doubt) I can't imagine them wanting much more, especially if they take it to auction they will just lose their *** on it.
Yeah, Tom Wood's Audi dealership is the one. It is at 96th Street and Keystone - pretty much right off of I-465 on the northeast side.

Anyway, I called my friend about the car, and he said he'd try to go check on it tomorrow. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

EDIT - Just browsed the "Pre-Owned Inventory" and the car is not listed. I didn't think it would be, but I thought I'd mention that in case anyone else was trying to look.

Last edited by Z Fury; 02-26-2008 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:29 AM
TECH Addict

Yeah I tried to look last night and didn't have any luck. I tried calling but they must have left early last night as it said they were open until 8pm but no one answered at 7. I'm surprised I haven't seen that dealership before, my buddy lives over on keystone just a few blocks from broad ripple.
I appreciate it Z Fury!

UPDATE: The car IS at Tom Wood on 96th st. http://www.tomwoodporsche.com/ This is the website for the lot that has it and their number is on the website, although talking to a saleman wouldn't do much good as I know the full history of the car and mods . Salesman is calling me back sometime today with what they are asking etc.,

As soon as I said Cammed SS with alot of mods he quickly said "Oh yes we have that, it is here."

When I learn more I'll post up. If your friend has any questions feel free if he's interested in it.

Last edited by 99camarosupersport; 02-27-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I tried to look last night and didn't have any luck. I tried calling but they must have left early last night as it said they were open until 8pm but no one answered at 7. I'm surprised I haven't seen that dealership before, my buddy lives over on keystone just a few blocks from broad ripple.
I appreciate it Z Fury!

UPDATE: The car IS at Tom Wood on 96th st. http://www.tomwoodporsche.com/ This is the website for the lot that has it and their number is on the website, although talking to a saleman wouldn't do much good as I know the full history of the car and mods . Salesman is calling me back sometime today with what they are asking etc.,

As soon as I said Cammed SS with alot of mods he quickly said "Oh yes we have that, it is here."

When I learn more I'll post up. If your friend has any questions feel free if he's interested in it.
My friend is off today, and said he'd call about it at some point. Good to hear they still have it though.

I don't really remember this dealership either, but there are a crap-load of them in that stretch there on 96th. I remember Penske Chevy right there on the corner, as I've gone there for some truck parts in the past. I live over on 71st/Shadeland area, so I don't get over there often. Let me know what you hear, if/when they call you back about the SS.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Well ok now the guy says they don't have it and that he couldn't find it so idk. He's waiting on the used car guy to come in....I'll let you know. I'm just going to call the kid that had it and specifically ask him the name of the dealership he traded it to. Just gotta track down his cell number now.
That's the ONLY Audi dealership there so IDK what is going on. I'll try to find some info out quickly so your friend can find something out on his day off.
(the salesman said your friend was calling about it, or that someone was) LOL
Old 02-27-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well ok now the guy says they don't have it and that he couldn't find it so idk. He's waiting on the used car guy to come in....I'll let you know. I'm just going to call the kid that had it and specifically ask him the name of the dealership he traded it to. Just gotta track down his cell number now.
That's the ONLY Audi dealership there so IDK what is going on. I'll try to find some info out quickly so your friend can find something out on his day off.
(the salesman said your friend was calling about it, or that someone was) LOL
It is possible, but somehow I doubt my friend is awake yet. He's more of a night-owl. He'll probably call me after he talks to them about it, and I'll keep you posted on what is going on.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

If the car has no cats and dual exhaust they will be looking to dump the car fast or to wholesale it. I doubt they gave $8K for it.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
If the car has no cats and dual exhaust they will be looking to dump the car fast or to wholesale it. I doubt they gave $8K for it.
They could have given an $8K trade-in value on it - especially if they were making their money on the vehicle they were selling. When I traded my '02 Grand Am GT for my '99 Z28, they didn't inspect my GT at all before throwing down a figure for its trade-in value (it was parked out front, and I could see it during the entire negotiation process). I didn't talk them off their price much either, cause I didn't want them taking too close of a look at Grand Am.

I do agree about them looking to offload this thing quick though.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah me too, I just woke up and have a message from the stealership so I'm going to return that call and will keep you posted z fury.

Also PSJ that's why I'm trying to call about it and what not, I didn't figure they'd even put it out on the lot but go straight to auction.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:07 PM

I just called and talked to a salesman, he has never seen the car there. He said he spoke with the used car manager earlier today and he did not know anything about the car either. He said I was the 3rd or 4th person to call on the car today. I asked if it would've already went to auction and he said no.

So who knows?

Last edited by pushiniron; 02-27-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: details

Quick Reply: SS at Castleton (indy) Audi....