Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 05:22 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
While I agree with you...

I didn't think you could put L92 heads on a 346 because of the bore???
346 with other heads, a 364-416/18 for L92 heads...just an example! 346 is tried and true 800 rwhp with good parts (TTiX turbo kit, ported LS6 heads or better yet AFR 225, and LS6 intake)
Old 08-07-2008, 06:15 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BWH2003
The thing is if you can get it to hook its nice to have your torque there immediately without having to wait for it to build up. With the screw type blower you can put your foot on the gas and max torque is there. With the centrifugal type it wont reach max boost thus max torque until your at 4000 to 5000 rpms.

Basically he is saying that if your cruising at 2000 rpms and you punch it the positive displacement blower will have all its torque to the ground but the centrifugal will only have 1/4 of its max rated torue to the ground.
Check out the torque from an ATI ProCharger F-1A on an LS2 on our Mustang Chassis Dyno. Bob

Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Ahh EPP shows up, that's what I get for saying Procharger...

Drew, I thought you ICED down your intake, not Flavor-Iced down your intake....

EPP guys, you're supercharger nerds, any arguments with what I said? I realize you're Procharger biased...
We've run back to back runs in the past when we have Ford days, and all those guys with the Lightnings and Cobras complained about how much power they lost at the track after their first run. On our dyno they would be down 50 rwhp after the first run, pretty consistently. The ProCharger equipped cars lose 12-15 rwhp on average when doing back to back runs. This is all a moot point if you can keep the blower cool, such as how Drew prefers to do it. lol Bob
Old 08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like its supposed to be nice this weekend. Is anyone going to be out?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Check out the torque from an ATI ProCharger F-1A on an LS2 on our Mustang Chassis Dyno. Bob
again its a linear curve. Have you seen a dyno graph of the cobra with the eaton or whipple? Here is one for example.

as you can see max torque is achieved over a broad range from 2000 all the way to redline. Your graph is exactly what I said a procharger would do. Its linear and it builds max torque only in a narrow band of rpms.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Teching In

beast look what you did, you went and started blower wars (somehow?). meanwhile azar sits around with his v-8 kitchen...is that what you get paid for, and more importantly when the motor gets hot can you cook me some pizza rolls?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Teching In

I was under the impression that on the track a centrifigal was faster than a screw blower. Mostly becuase its like launching a N.A. motor. Not blowing the tires off. A centrifigal blower is a tad more efficent then a screw. On the street a screw blower is more fun. My car is not a track car so i made my decision accordingly.

dont waste you time on S.C. go with a twin turbo setup on a small block. You wont regret it.
On similar cars such as mine a twin turbo setup made same power more torque with 2 less psi. Much more efficent. I just make more power untill 3500-4000 rpms. Thats why a twin screw is fun on the street.

Have fun Nick!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tunedports10
Looks like its supposed to be nice this weekend. Is anyone going to be out?
Out and about Friday night. I am attending Jareds wedding Saturday night. Maybe maybe not on Sat for me.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Boost A Pump is almost done...just have to find some 12# AWG to extend the power wires and crimp the connectors on to plug into the Racetronix wiring. Once the console is ready to go in I can connect the cable to the dial and it's good to go.
Anybody know where a good place to get the wire would be??
Old 08-07-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
The easiest solution is not to put some ******* jap-crap karate car motor in a F-body! Why would you want to spend MORE money to go slower? A cheap forged 346 for $3K, ported L92heads/intake/fuel rails/TB for $1700-$1800, and either nitrous or a turbo kit....a 346 L92 motor with moderat boost would get 650-700 rwhp with pump gas...stroke it to 416 cubes for a little more and get gobs more torque. I like the supras because they are silly strong and good from rolls, but they are peaky little rice motors, watch a 510-522 stroker Viper TT race a supra V6 TT that both have 1150 rwhp (viper on pump gas btw, 1500+ on race gas)...its not even close!
Good Call!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Or, as SDB likes, you can spray it.

Here's what I did tonight... now I better go see the wife before she disowns me...

Anyone going to be out this weekend? Assuming I can put my sled back together tomorrow I'll be out and about. Zach, I've got your nozzle and jets in the car.

It's not as pretty as what some of the vendors do, but it was my first time, and I had a crappy tubing bender. It should work great, and it's easy(ish) to change jets on. What do you say, 25 or 50 shot?

Old 08-08-2008, 01:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
What do you say, 25 or 50 shot?
Add about 200 to that.

Looks good man.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azar
Add about 200 to that.

Looks good man.
Thanks.

Those little bitty short lines on 3/5 and 2/4 are a massive SOB to get just right. And I stabbed myself in the finger with one of them when I was cleaning up the cut. I have a perfectly round 3/16" hole in my damned thumb.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Anybody watch the countdown to ufc 87 lastnight, Fitch had his old highschool coaches interveiwed here in town.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Anybody watch the countdown to ufc 87 lastnight, Fitch had his old highschool coaches interveiwed here in town.
F the UFC.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
F the UFC.
WTF is wrong w/you!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UFC and all of the ultimate fighting stuff is so ******* gay its unreal.....Its like gay **** for rednecks who can't admit they want big sweaty cokc shoved in them deeply, so the only way it would happen is if they got beat up and had it forced on them! I swear, I meet one of these ******* "ultimate fighters" every day just out and about, and they are almost always ******* trailer park trash hillbillies with no teeth. ALl I know is I can take any of them out and I dont train in UFC fighting. I carry a handgun wherever I go, so much easier and simpler. BANG, your knocked the **** out! guess I just don't like sweaty **** all that much!!!

Nitrous rules, spray it unitl it pops, then spray it so more when you get it rebuilt. I like the idea of a mid 80's fox body with LSx TT motor in it.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SDB
UFC and all of the ultimate fighting stuff is so ******* gay its unreal.....Its like gay **** for rednecks who can't admit they want big sweaty cokc shoved in them deeply, so the only way it would happen is if they got beat up and had it forced on them! I swear, I meet one of these ******* "ultimate fighters" every day just out and about, and they are almost always ******* trailer park trash hillbillies with no teeth. ALl I know is I can take any of them out and I dont train in UFC fighting. I carry a handgun wherever I go, so much easier and simpler. BANG, your knocked the **** out! guess I just don't like sweaty **** all that much!!!

Nitrous rules, spray it unitl it pops, then spray it so more when you get it rebuilt. I like the idea of a mid 80's fox body with LSx TT motor in it.
Funny as hell SDB.

Also if anyone wants an 86 fox for $500 they can come get mine. It runs (4 cyl), I was gonna do a 5 lug and 5.0 swap but got bored with it when I got the firebird. Its in decent shape. Pictures upon request.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB

LOL don't know about that first part.

Pinks had that LSx fox body on nitrous that was an fn quik car!!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

One tip for Nick (or anyone looking at a project car).

If you're particular about how your car looks (i.e. nice paint and body are important), spend the time and get a CLEAN chassis to start with. Bodywork is a PITA, and if you do it after the car is done, it'll never get done, as you'll be driving it... just my .02

Of course, if you want to be stealthy, a slightly beat up 4 cylinder Mustang is the perfect sleeper chassis. Put some widened steel wheels in tubs out back, paint all your suspension parts black, leave it dirty and go make guys cry. I do miss that about my primered RX7...

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!