Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Azar
I am unsure if truck manifolds will fit in an FD, supposedly in an FC they go into the frame rail....that's just what I read on V8RX7 so it could be wrong...
Damn, I'll just have to go with something like this then, I guess

Last edited by The Beast; 09-02-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
What heads will the truck mani's fit on? I hear there is a local biker boy on the forum that know's his way around a welder and welds for lap dances . I was planning on an electric water pump and low temp thermostat, but like you said, things up front are going to get interesting with the turbo, fmic, radiator, and maybe ac . Thank god your the best around when it comes to rx7 lsx's among other things
I don't know that I'd say I'm the best around at them, just been around the block once or twice.

Truck manifolds will fit on any heads; I can do some porting on them as well, I used to do L67 manifolds years ago.

I really, really think A/C is going to be a difficult task. Not sure on impossible yet, but between layout issues and fitting a condensor and evaporator... youch.

As Drew mentioned, I'm not sure on the truck manifolds, but I have a theory that one truck manifold + one front manifold for an LS4 (Front Drive LS variant) will clear everything and work great; I like cast manifolds, they don't crack like tubular, and keep heat in very well (especially if ceramic coated). Being cheap is nice also.

I'd keep in touch with Joe on the motor/cam choice. I'm sure he can get you advised on a slick setup as far as that goes, and I'm happy to help figure out the turbo packaging. I'm working on one this fall/winter with a friend in Indy (though in an FC), so I should pick up some tricks on that, I hope.

700 RWHP in an FD would certainly scoot. Yeehaw.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ryanisl33t
Preferably someone with an engine hoist that could pull the engine for me
I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just trying to help, but if need be, call where I work and talk with Phil or Ed... Where I work is in my profile info
Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Preferably someone with an engine hoist that could pull the engine for me
I have a cherry picker. What did you do? lol
Old 09-02-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I don't know that I'd say I'm the best around at them, just been around the block once or twice.

Truck manifolds will fit on any heads; I can do some porting on them as well, I used to do L67 manifolds years ago.

I really, really think A/C is going to be a difficult task. Not sure on impossible yet, but between layout issues and fitting a condensor and evaporator... youch.

As Drew mentioned, I'm not sure on the truck manifolds, but I have a theory that one truck manifold + one front manifold for an LS4 (Front Drive LS variant) will clear everything and work great; I like cast manifolds, they don't crack like tubular, and keep heat in very well (especially if ceramic coated). Being cheap is nice also.

I'd keep in touch with Joe on the motor/cam choice. I'm sure he can get you advised on a slick setup as far as that goes, and I'm happy to help figure out the turbo packaging. I'm working on one this fall/winter with a friend in Indy (though in an FC), so I should pick up some tricks on that, I hope.

700 RWHP in an FD would certainly scoot. Yeehaw.
I was some what joking about the ac. It's not needed, but if it can work...

What ever I'm adviced to do, I'll do
Old 09-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Th3Cobb
blake just forget it you've owned enough vehicles and done enough different things with your cars that you've trascended the discriminatory level of motorsports and auto enthusiasm where you're either with the crowd or your one of the enemy. I'll do my part to clean up when I can, i.e. the big piece of a broken ford that everyone else was just going to leave in the lot, and the numerous cups and bottles i picked up saturday and sunday night.

If you dont want to talk to me because despite being an auto enthusiast, i chose a japanese car as my first big project, fine thats cool. if you dont want to come up to the lot because you picked out 1 subaru in a crowd of maybe 15 other GM's and fords, then all I can say is WOW, you're really devoted to the cause.

thanks blake and nate for sticking up for me, but i really dont care. I'm an auto enthusiast and I'd rather hang out with cars that make as much or more horsepower than mine, instead of listen to a bunch of honda bitches complain about wheel spin because they overrevved when they launched.

911-I knew your car was fast, but my god, it was like black cloud of smoke then, nothing, like gone.

anyone else know anything about that black srt-4? beast said it was about 400 hp, but he didnt seem to pull away from comptons gtp that hard.
WOW thats pretty funny that you are sayin that he dident pull hard form tom gtp cause of the numbers he put down UNTUNED all i have to say is wait for him to get 3rd get and we will see how hard he pulls for you
Old 09-02-2008, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just trying to help, but if need be, call where I work and talk with Phil or Ed... Where I work is in my profile info
Thanks Nick, they do full rebuilds and such?

Last edited by ryanisl33t; 09-12-2008 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Well, 400 wheel HP and less weight, I'd expect it should run with Kenny. You can keep your ricer "well, he lost down low but was making ground up top" stuff though. Either you win or lose, simple enough concept. Also, the "untuned" stuff is utterly unnecessary. It's a crutch, you run what you brung, period. If it needs tuned, go get it tuned before you bring it out to race; I tend to doubt the tune is that far off anyway, I know a little about forced induction, and pushing that hard on an engine with no tuning whatsoever is going to break parts, period; I don't think Josh is stupid (quite the opposite actually), so I'm sure the software on the car is at least close to being in line with what it should.

Like I said, I consider Josh to be a good guy, and am not trying to down his car, so don't take it that way; whatever happend to his Monte BTW, that was my favorite G-Body in town, so very clean.
I don't give a **** about ricer rolls and all that ****! Just saying if he pulled kenny's vette it's makin some power. You said it was not up to your expectation's! So what is...
BTW-The Monte is under construction, Beware!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks Nick, they do full rebuilds and such?
Yup sure do. And Fred (real name is Dave, but we all call him Fred for some reason), our engine builder, is awesome.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by saturnman
WOW thats pretty funny that you are sayin that he dident pull hard form tom gtp cause of the numbers he put down UNTUNED all i have to say is wait for him to get 3rd get and we will see how hard he pulls for you
Agreed!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
That Black skittle is "detuned" to 400whp, or so I hear.

He drives it around like a grandma usually, and I've never heard him get on it personally. He just got it done and running about 2 months ago I think now.
jerry dont talk sh** about a car u dont know about...and u had no were near a mile on me suck u had to have the mods to put about car and half on a saturn with basic mods
Old 09-02-2008, 12:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn, I'll just have to go with something like this then, I guess

I bet changing spark plugs is a chore! Sick setup tho.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I don't give a **** about ricer rolls and all that ****! Just saying if he pulled kenny's vette it's makin some power. You said it was not up to your expectation's! So what is...
BTW-The Monte is under construction, Beware!
400-425 wheel HP in that car, I'd expect to pull Kenny's Vette start to finish; it didn't, so it didn't do what I'd expected of it. Are my expectations unrealistic? I don't think so, but perhaps you disagree. I'd like to see the dynos on it; my hunch is the power is coming on peaky, with a 2JZ style torque curve. 200 HP at 4000 RPM and the 400+ at just below redline. Looks good on a dyno, doesn't go so well on pavement.

Is he still doing the big block in the Monte? That's what he was talking about last I saw him. Any way he does it, it's going to be nice, it's a beautiful car.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

In his thread, he said the back 6 cyl's come out with ease from the bottom, and the front 2 are relatively easy from the top.... as long as the manifold's were cool of coarse
Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn! What is it with all these newbie, no-post wonders in this thread?!?!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Damn! What is it with all these newbie, no-post wonders in this thread?!?!
Don't know, need to keep the little import tiffs up at Kay's and out of this thread which is a GM based sight.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Teching In

I dont think that your post count goes up while posting in this thread.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by krobinson123
Exhaust is hooker, wish I had borla. You heard I did alot of stuff huh? Well... Nate did most of it haha I wouldn't say it has alot done to it tho
O thats cool Nate's done some stuff for me too like he put on my Kooks LT's and ORY pipe for me. I should get my Borla muffler tomorrow by Fedex so I can "quiet" my SLP Loudmouth down!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
Oh you mean they'd get like 25 ft back and kick til they were about an inch from someone's ***? That stuff pisses me off.
Exactly the Maroon Grand Prix I thought was going to rear end me a couple of times when we went out to watch Ben and the Evo race!
Old 09-02-2008, 02:04 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
I dont think that your post count goes up while posting in this thread.
It doesn't in any of the Off-Topic forums.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!