Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Stop. You won't get a car. You say you will, but you won't, and until you ACTUALLY do, you are the slowest in town.

(did that make you want to get one now?)
Reverse Psycology doesn't work on him lol. But, keep it up, it's funny
Old 09-20-2008, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

I was just checking my transmission shops site and the are having another track day Oct 3rd which is a friday. I will have to see what works but either RPM's trackday on the 3rd or GE on the 8th I'll be at one of them maybe both. Scroll down the page a bit you can see my white TBSS launching!
http://rpmtransmissions.com/trackday/trackday.html
Old 09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
Don't worry...if I get a car, it will be the fastest thing in this little group of ours...like always..and then it will sit in my garage while everyone else plays catch up...like always....and then I will sell it since no one is up for racing, and then I will go back to the dog park!

I will continue to give good advice! Its free! I heard a while back your goal was to be able to beat me (or in this case, my old car). Hope you get there soon! Massey may just sell that thing next spring!
OH REALLY lol, just kidding... kind of

But I do thank you for the advice you have given me... one day it just may come back to haunt you...maybe someday...in a galaxy far far away...
Old 09-20-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I built my car in July. I guess that's almost 2 months though.

As far as taking my time, indeed I do. I prefer to do it right the first time, instead of the push it till it breaks and try again theory. You, obviously, prefer another method.

As far as building the fastest car in the little group, go for it. Call me when you aren't in a pickup truck, we'll race. You might win, I don't particularly care. I'm sure you'll run your mouth, win or lose though.

As far as beating Scott, I strongly doubt my setup will do so. I'd be quite happy to somewhat keep up though, and I think the car is capable of doing so. I'd expect a pass in the higher half of the 10s out of my car. Obviously Scott's car is capable of substantially more. That's fine, doesn't bother me any.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go polish my car. I plan on standing around at Hall's and staring at it tonight. That's all we do ya know.

I'm still thinking about tearing it down and putting a turbo on it this winter. We'll see how the economy does, I'd rather not go into debt on a car.
DOOO ITTT!!!!!! Screw not being in debt for a car, there's no better way Your job is secure, your industry will always be in demand, and as long as you aren't completely reliant on the stock market (which is a joke anyways, but that's for another time), your good to go
Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JCattSS
Why a 12* split? Not trying to say it wouldn't work because my cam is funky like that. Its a custom grind for my TBSS and duation, lift, LSA is all different than those but the same 12* split. Just looking for some insight why my tuner had mine ground like that. Also mine has an XER intake and XE exhaust lobe. Less duration and more lift on the intake, more duration and less lift on the exhaust. I can give you more specifics in a PM if that helps. Its custom and a bit different than anything I've ever seen so not sure about posting any more than that.
It's a TRUCK. He is looking for LOW speed trq and USEABLE mid-range hp. We are exhaust biased because of the characteristics of the engines breathing, heads, headers, cat-back etc... He has a truck intake on it, not the most efficent LS intake piece, so we are limited to the engines rpm potential anyways with it as well as its breathing potential, so small duration, big lift cams are in order to create/make maximum trq/hp at lower rpm bands. I'm sure your cam is in the 21X/22X .585+/.565+ 111 range? (but I could be wrong though)
Old 09-20-2008, 08:58 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by krobinson123
**** that, put a cam like Nates in that thing!
It's a TRUCK Kyle. LOL You get thet fuel pump in yet?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

I'm licking my chops at the Stock Market...day traders wonderland....however short term/long term investments are looking very bad right now...a lot of people are losing there asses!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
It's a TRUCK Kyle. LOL You get thet fuel pump in yet?
Listen to JPH Kyle, he knows what he is talking about, well cars anyway!!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:03 PM
11 Second Club

JPH gonna need Bill to fix the one stripped out cross member bolt hole... it didn't work for me. I did get the new caliper bolts and they are thread locked and torqued per GM specs.

It screwed up one of my rims...has a 1/8" channel wore into it... completely around the inside.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:12 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS1875
JPH gonna need Bill to fix the one stripped out cross member bolt hole... it didn't work for me. I did get the new caliper bolts and they are thread locked and torqued per GM specs.

It screwed up one of my rims...has a 1/8" channel wore into it... completely around the inside.
Yes sir. Get it driveable again and we will get it fixed for you.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Since all we do in Fort Wayne is clean our cars and make them look good here is a couple of shots Ramon and I took Last night after cruising

Old 09-21-2008, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

DAMN, very nice shots
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone want to buy my nitrous setup?

I might have purchased a turbo today...
Old 09-21-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both cars ******* and beer. IMO best looking Z around.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Nate, hit me up sometime on the pics. I think you have some good ideas on the spots for shots, but with my Camera, I could make those shots look a lot better.

Honestly, half of having a good pic (IMO) comes from great ideas. I hate seeing lazy shots of people taking pics of their cars in their driveway or in a lame full parking lot. Nate, I like the spot in the parking garage, and I have wanted to take a night moving shot for a while now.

I'd like to get a good one of all the silver F-bodies sometime (Nate, both of mine, Kyle, Ramone).
Old 09-21-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone want to buy my nitrous setup?

I might have purchased a turbo today...
WHAT!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

BTW, next weekend I'll have the video camera fully charged. This means it will be ready for Blake and Luke!

(and perhaps more )
Old 09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, next weekend I'll have the video camera fully charged. This means it will be ready for Blake and Luke!

(and perhaps more )
I'm in St. Louis next weekend for my Father-In-Laws "Welcome back from the desert" party. I'll be back the following weekend though. I figure we have a few more good weekends before I start tearing the car apart for turbo fabrication.

Damn you Nick. This is your fault entirely.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

I'm in St. Louis next weekend for my Father-In-Laws "Welcome back from the desert" party. I'll be back the following weekend though. I figure we have a few more good weekends before I start tearing the car apart for turbo fabrication.

I forgot you previously mentioned that. Are you gonna at least try hooking the bottle up before you put a turbo in the car?
Old 09-21-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

(and perhaps more )
We need to rig up a helmet cam, like, I think Nate or Luke, suggested last night

You can thank me later

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!