Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so is anyone going out tonight or whats the gameplan?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey guys, My pos 86 rustang is up for sale if anyone wants it. Needs lots work if you wanna drive it.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
You know you miss it Mike
Is that hires lol?
Old 10-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by halucinator
Hey guys, My pos 86 rustang is up for sale if anyone wants it. Needs lots work if you wanna drive it.
Replied to your classified post.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know more than a couple people are at the LSX shootout. But I'll probably be up later, and there might be another black LT1 with me
Old 10-11-2008, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

So if no one is interested in purchasing my n2o kit and someone wants to run my extra nitrous through there car let me know. I need to get rid of it so I can ship the kit. I would hate to waste it
Old 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
Replied to your classified post.

I also do have a set of lowering springs that I think are Ford Motorsport ones if you want for $100
Old 10-11-2008, 09:39 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Default Pat Monroe @GLM WINS at the LSX SHOOTOUT!

I just thought I would post this real quick for everyone. Pat from GLM most you guys know him, won the 12.0 index class today. The car had/has tranny issues and we fought it all weekend. The car is not at it's peak performance right now at any means, but with the problems that we had and the 11.70s times we were having, we decided to slow the car down 3 tenths a shoot for the 12.00 index class and not the 11.00 index orginally planed. The car was in the "true street" class, so he had to make a quailfing pass, then do a 30 mile cruise, come back and make 3 back to back passes, and by the best of our luck, the car averaged a 12.000! Know one really cared(cars is way off, thats why we didn't care) or knew untill I told pat to give me his time slips and I figured it out his time and averaged them, then BAM, we won! So congrats to Pat,Chad, Chris and all others who helped!

Good Job PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPH
I just thought I would post this real quick for everyone. Pat from GLM most you guys know him, won the 12.0 index class today. The car had/has tranny issues and we fought it all weekend. The car is not at it's peak performance right now at any means, but with the problems that we had and the 11.70s times we were having, we decided to slow the car down 3 tenths a shoot for the 12.00 index class and not the 11.00 index orginally planed. The car was in the "true street" class, so hed had to make a quailfing pass, then do a 30 mile cruise, come back and make 3 back to back passes, and by the best of our luck, the car averaged a 12.000! Know one really cared(cars is way off, thats why we didn't care) or knew untill I told pat to give me his time slips and I figured it out his time and averaged a BAM, we won! So congrats to Pat,Chad, Chris and all others who helped!

Good Job PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't know them, but tell them GJ!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:30 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPH
I just thought I would post this real quick for everyone. Pat from GLM most you guys know him, won the 12.0 index class today. The car had/has tranny issues and we fought it all weekend. The car is not at it's peak performance right now at any means, but with the problems that we had and the 11.70s times we were having, we decided to slow the car down 3 tenths a shoot for the 12.00 index class and not the 11.00 index orginally planed. The car was in the "true street" class, so he had to make a quailfing pass, then do a 30 mile cruise, come back and make 3 back to back passes, and by the best of our luck, the car averaged a 12.000! Know one really cared(cars is way off, thats why we didn't care) or knew untill I told pat to give me his time slips and I figured it out his time and averaged them, then BAM, we won! So congrats to Pat,Chad, Chris and all others who helped!

Good Job PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats Pat!! It was good hanging out with you guys last night on Beale Street, even though I was pretty out of it... I was beat!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:49 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ben, have you seen this yet?? I thought of you when we first started talking about it at work:

http://www.procharger.com/video_challenge.shtml

Go for it!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Skunks were out to get people tonight. They were all over. "Their **** was orchestrated!"
Old 10-12-2008, 08:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH

Good Job PAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats, Pat and "crew".
Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lunatic5oh
Skunks were out to get people tonight. They were all over. "Their **** was orchestrated!"
I think its the time when they are trying to find a place to hibernate.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Kenny and his Pepe Le'Pew.... ROFLMFAO
Old 10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Its bad that my nick name was speedy Le'pugh. O_o Because I exceeded the speed limit everywhere I went. Now that I got married, I've seemed to go 5 under.

Last edited by halucinator; 10-12-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Hey Ben, have you seen this yet?? I thought of you when we first started talking about it at work:

http://www.procharger.com/video_challenge.shtml

Go for it!
I commented about this on cz28.com. Yeah, I'd really love to do it, but the timing sucks, as I'm getting ready to leave and go back into the AF and put the car away for a possible very long time
Old 10-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
LoL, Terry's car got sprayed a lot more than he thought. I popped his driver door open and about passed out.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CALL911
I commented about this on cz28.com. Yeah, I'd really love to do it, but the timing sucks, as I'm getting ready to leave and go back into the AF and put the car away for a possible very long time
Can't you just pilot for an airline and stay?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by halucinator
Can't you just pilot for an airline and stay?
Even if I wanted the airline spot (and I don't), it doesn't work like that. I do have my private pilots license. But all that enables me to fly is a single engine propellor driven land plane. And I only have 50 hours.

To be considered for a Commercial spot, you have to have an average of 3,000+ hours in a large jet airframe. Just to give you an idea of what that would cost to get me there, I spent over $5,000 just getting the 50 hours I did in the little cheep Cessna prop plane. Jets are 3-5 times cost to rent, and I would have to get different ratings approved just to get there. Not to mention the Commercial pilots are getting paid peanuts right now as the airline industry is in the dumps with them taking such a huge hit on fuel, which is forcing a lot of pay cuts, and lots of pilots are retiring early as it is.

I really want to be a military pilot right now at least. I enjoy with a passion defending the nation, making the world a safer place for all of us, and enjoy little else in this world like I enjoy flying combat sorties. Down the road after the DOD has spent crazy money on me getting me thousands of hours in the left seat of a large aircraft, then possibly the commercial pilot spot will become an option on the side of flying for the Air Force. Hopefully by then enough pilots will retire in the civilian world, and the airline industry will have turned around enough where the pay would be worth at least considering.

I will still be stationed back here. It's just going to be a couple years before I am done with all the training. I do plan on coming back to visit at least a few times a year even when I am gone.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!