Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS1875
Well for one, it made my car run like ****.......this was before we found out the O2's were not tuned out as originally thought. (Contributing factor)
It is also reeking havoc on Chad's wideband.....air/fuel is alll over the place. Although I'm sure the seafoam has something to do with this as well.

This is Hitrate we are talking about. This is just my opinion but asK JPH how he feels about it. He mentioned to me he doesn't like what it does to the injectors and other parts.

May be over reaction on my part but I promise you it will never be in my car again........you guy's can do what you like with it.....no more additive for me.

Well give me a shout today. I tried to call you last night to let you know that it can't be the additive / o2 sensors or seafoam. I'll explain then. Not worth typing the whole thing out here on ls1junk.com
Old 10-24-2008, 10:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Blake (or anyone applicable), do you have a welder Ramone and I could borrow?
The welder that Blake is borrowing is my dad's. And it's just a wire core welder, good for tacking stuff up...if you want a good weld. You won't want it.

EDIT: Also, had no idea Jon broke into the 10's. That's awesome.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Azar
The welder that Blake is borrowing is my dad's. And it's just a wire core welder, good for tacking stuff up...if you want a good weld. You won't want it.

EDIT: Also, had no idea Jon broke into the 10's. That's awesome.
Actually, I'm doing pretty well with it, but you have to spend 5 minutes grinding for every one minute welding if you want it to look good.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Actually, I'm doing pretty well with it, but you have to spend 5 minutes grinding for every one minute welding if you want it to look good.
That's what I meant.

EDIT: Blake, me gusta your new sig.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I meant.

EDIT: Blake, me gusta your new sig.
Photoshop CS4 + lunchbreak = new sig pic.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Driver??? OH SNAP!

I have no place to talk 12.9 at 116 here!

Also, Blake and Nicolaus...Man date at 12.00 Saturday?? Pull trans and cuddle party?
13.6@116 with a 2.4 60' and 11.7@124 with a 2.1 60'

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Photoshop CS4 + lunchbreak = new sig pic.
I'm diggin the new sig pic. And that mallory fpr was sold
Old 10-24-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All we will need it for is to tack weld a very light support for my new fog lights in the Formula, and then if it will hold, one of my exhaust pipes are sagging and need to be tack welded. But just tack welding is really what we need it for. Nothing major or structually supportive.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
BIG cam, gears, stall, reduced weight and "new" suspension updates. The air was really good last night guys, all cars picked up atleast 1.5mph over there regurlar mph. I put the cam in guys, and actually had to "retard" it just to have a safe PTV clearance. LS6, BIG cam(110), YANK 3800, ARH headers,3:73s, built trans, GLM tune, slicks and skinnes, heads are completely STOCK.

Its only a yank 3600 by the way.... The only weight reduction done is removed my rear seat and windshield washer res. and as far as new suspension updates I just had lower control arm relocation brackets installed.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Some people have street cars others have track cars.......me, "I have a rolling expensive paper weight". Kinda like a hot rod bar stool
Old 10-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Its only a yank 3600 by the way.... The only weight reduction done is removed my rear seat and windshield washer res. and as far as new suspension updates I just had lower control arm relocation brackets installed.
Also nate you took out all you cd's to reduce weight....and the owners manuel....
Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

Some people have street cars others have track cars.......me, "I have a rolling expensive paper weight". Kinda like a hot rod bar stool
yeh your hot rod bar stool looks fn sweet in the pics that ben took....mine looks like a black hole in the third row........

darren i say rip everthing out and start over fresh....a new day and a new attitude...screw the firebird, make your car a super ninja
Old 10-24-2008, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

I think if you would have had Robbie's car with a driver mod there.
Ben not that im the best six speed driver but I have driving his car at the track and I did make it et better but Robbie has always made it mph better then I can.

Has Rob's car and Nate's car done a kick before? I'm confident Robbies car would pull on Nate's in the top end.
Rob and I have raced and it was done in warmer weather where my car hasn't ran its best. He did pull on me some, but in the cooler weather my car has taken on a whole new power its crazy

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Ben's car is def. not a track car kinda like kurts. We can change that though
Ben's car is alot closer to a track car then kurts. Kurt is doing all this with stock shocks and springs vs. Bens QA1s - stock cat back vs. Ben's borla. In Kurts defense he has only made 3 full passes in three years of having it together that is the real problem.

Originally Posted by JPH
It just goes to show you IMO, that RWHP vs MPH aren't necessarly so true. Too many variables. Look at robbie, PROVEN 450+rwhp car and goes 118mph? Nate/Mike 400rwhp 122mph? Hmm.... Wonder how that is? Air, Weight, gear ratio, etc...
Robbies car would mph better if he could ( with the right suspension ) come out harder.. Every time I've ran that car we have had to baby it plus with his junk rear street tire your fighting for traction thru 3rd gear. You cant even really base his car off his runs. Put a tire and clutch in that car and run it harder and Im sure it will be every bit of 122mph or more Just my Opionion
Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Well ill have my car at US41 Saturday for SCC V.S RSD if any of you guy want to do something with my car let me know would like to see a good turn out, the weather should be clear after noon racing is from 1pm till?? CARRY ON..
Old 10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVADERC6
yeh your hot rod bar stool looks fn sweet in the pics that ben took....mine looks like a black hole in the third row........

darren i say rip everthing out and start over fresh....a new day and a new attitude...screw the firebird, make your car a super ninja
Don't I already do that on a yearly basis?? The only thing I haven't changed is the sub frame connectors and the Spohn parts up front.

The Firebird is for Cyndi ....not me.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kline454
Well ill have my car at US41 Saturday for SCC V.S RSD if any of you guy want to do something with my car let me know would like to see a good turn out, the weather should be clear after noon racing is from 1pm till?? CARRY ON..

You buy the GAS ....I'm sure someone would be glad to come kick your ***.... however it won't be me....haha.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

Ben not that im the best six speed driver but I have driving his car at the track and I did make it et better but Robbie has always made it mph better then I can.

Rob and I have raced and it was done in warmer weather where my car hasn't ran its best. He did pull on me some, but in the cooler weather my car has taken on a whole new power its crazy

Ben's car is alot closer to a track car then kurts. Kurt is doing all this with stock shocks and springs vs. Bens QA1s - stock cat back vs. Ben's borla. In Kurts defense he has only made 3 full passes in three years of having it together that is the real problem.

Robbies car would mph better if he could ( with the right suspension ) come out harder.. Every time I've ran that car we have had to baby it plus with his junk rear street tire your fighting for traction thru 3rd gear. You cant even really base his car off his runs. Put a tire and clutch in that car and run it harder and Im sure it will be every bit of 122mph or more Just my Opionion

DRIVER MOD ....DRIVER MOD!!!! sorry couldn't resist.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

You buy the GAS ....I'm sure someone would be glad to come kick your ***.... however it won't be me....haha.
yea gas is only 2.59... Should be a good time...
Old 10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVADERC6
Also nate you took out all you cd's to reduce weight....and the owners manuel....
I forgot but I did leave my Warren G cd in I cant race without that cd
Old 10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I forgot but I did leave my Warren G cd in I cant race without that cd
LMAO. There is something about Stone Sour that it always has to be playing in my car.

Anyone gonna be out tonight, or does the cold and wet scare you guys away?
Old 10-24-2008, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I wasnt comparing apples to apples but neither are good track cars as is.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!