Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPH
I am in the need of a stock/used good working carrier/posi unit for my stock GM 7.5 rearend. It will need to be a 3 series as well. Let me know if anyone has one and wants to get rid of it. I WILL pay 4 it also.

Thanks, Joe
Hell yeah your gonna pay for! Quit sellin
Old 11-15-2008, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
Break in the converter correctly!! FIll will regular (nonsynthetic) ATF before installing, when all buttoned up and driving for first time....
1.) do not go WOT for a while.
Psssh! Put it in there and go do big smokey burnout's in Village of Buckingham
Old 11-15-2008, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Go from a suicide/whatever down the street from our parents house, now a blown up caddy down the road? Good deal on the stall.
Ya I found out somewhat what happened at the house in my neighborhood. A 1-year-old I think was found dead, and they think it could have been Sids. They were going to do an autopsy the next day, but I haven't found out anything since that night. And the caddy didn't actually blow up but it definitely could have!

Originally Posted by Juiced2000SS
Psssh! Put it in there and go do big smokey burnout's in Village of Buckingham
Now why would you say that cuz it's nice and quiet? I can't wait till spring time when I get everything done!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:16 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Ya I found out somewhat what happened at the house in my neighborhood. A 1-year-old I think was found dead, and they think it could have been Sids. They were going to do an autopsy the next day, but I haven't found out anything since that night. And the caddy didn't actually blow up but it definitely could have!

Now why would you say that cuz it's nice and quiet? I can't wait till spring time when I get everything done!
Its only quiet because La Cabreah is the home of the silly loud F-Body now! My neighbors are so happy I sold it, and the GTO...late night coming home....rumbling up the street....they probably hated me!

Your going to love the converter...bigges single difference you can make especially for the money! Make sure to go to the first house on the right in Village of Buckingham to do the burnout...that guy likes fast race cars.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

JPH, you going to the PRI show this year?? if so, check out the new Weld Drag Wheels for me and tell me what you think. I will PM you a thread about them.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
Its only quiet because La Cabreah is the home of the silly loud F-Body now! My neighbors are so happy I sold it, and the GTO...late night coming home....rumbling up the street....they probably hated me!

Your going to love the converter...bigges single difference you can make especially for the money! Make sure to go to the first house on the right in Village of Buckingham to do the burnout...that guy likes fast race cars.
Ok I will!

O and the Caddy that caught on fire, if you go on Maplecrest and if your going towards Stellhorn if you look in the pass lane on that side you can see some burned car remains that is chard in the road at the Vance intersection.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Exhaust is complete, air intake complete. Turbo oil feed and drain complete, cooling system mockup is complete (minus heater hoses, but they match the radiator hoses. The oil drain was a SOB to snake through the engine mounts. Definitely not enjoyable.

Next up is fuel system. Really just have to make a couple hoses and bolt everything in a nice happy place and it's technically ready to fire.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

damn blake that looks great. I wish I had the money and time to get things together that quick. Still thinking about the turbo mock up during thanksgiving so let me know if your parts will be out to coating or not. I should only need the turbo for that weekend since I almost have the cross over all the way done. That is if I don't run in to any problems. Anyway, thats lookin pretty sweet
Old 11-16-2008, 12:29 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS1875
JPH, you going to the PRI show this year?? if so, check out the new Weld Drag Wheels for me and tell me what you think. I will PM you a thread about them.
Can't. Would really like to, and go to the LS1 AETC conference as well. Money VERY tight around work right now, so expenses like that aren't in the budget at this time. They look great, but I like my TRAKSTARS myself.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Blake Looks really good

Hey Guys I have a ZR1 Hood for sale yes a ZR1 Hood and a set of ZO6 fenders for sale i was going to convert the C6 but i think it is sold =). Are economy Fing Sucks bad right now so some things need to go. I will post pics of hood and fenders later . I can paint match for you if needed.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Killer Klover
Blake Looks really good

Hey Guys I have a ZR1 Hood for sale yes a ZR1 Hood and a set of ZO6 fenders for sale i was going to convert the C6 but i think it is sold =). Are economy Fing Sucks bad right now so some things need to go. I will post pics of hood and fenders later . I can paint match for you if needed.
Boy, I think I know were those came from?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Blake car is coming along nicely....good job.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Can't. Would really like to, and go to the LS1 AETC conference as well. Money VERY tight around work right now, so expenses like that aren't in the budget at this time. They look great, but I like my TRAKSTARS myself.

I like your wheels also, maybe I should just take them off your hands...
Old 11-17-2008, 10:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
Boy, I think I know were those came from?
Whose car would that be?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Old 11-17-2008, 12:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy it's dead in here today.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Teching In

^^ Ha ha best joke on the halls thread in over a month!
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Deer Season has been really good this year! I havent shot anything yet, but 3 of our crew did. smallest buck so far has a 16 1/4 inside spread-9 pointer. 8 pointer 16 3/4'' , and an 19 3/4 inside spread 8 pointer.

^ deer on left shot with mechanical broadhead arrow on friday morning. Check out the gaping wound. Much worse damage than any 12 gauge wounds i have seen.

We have seen two more bucks in the area of our hunting ground. One had extremely white antlers that were guessed to be around 14'' high off the skull. it was by far a MONSTER. Caught my scent on Saturday morning with the 30mph wind. I didnt get a shot off due to dense branches. Sunday night one of our crew saw a nice big 10 or 8 pointer our bangin some does..LOL He was over 200 yards away and could clearly see his antlers.
I took today off from hunting to get my plow truck fixed up. I will be out again tuesday. Wish me luck!

BTW, does anybody on here have any connections with rebuilding a motor pump assembly on a meyer plow?
Old 11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, looks like you guys need to have a cookout. Mmm, venison tenderloins...
Old 11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Hey here is what I got from the Yank's website about the break in and installation process.

PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING…..
1. Crank pilot hole for trash or wear.
2. Flywheel for cracks or worn holes.
3. Mounting points for rust and flatness.
4. Converter bolts for correct length and threads.
5. Converter fits correctly on pump.
6. Add one qt. Oil prior to installation of converter.
We recommend a good name brand ATF in either a Dextron III or a Type F
We do not recommend any type of Synthetic fluid at all.
Use high temperature grease on crank pilot.
(a light coat will do.)
- After transmission is bolted up check that converter will pull away from the flywheel at least
3/32” but no more than 5/16”.
- Use spacers as needed, if needed.
- Check that pump is fully engaged.
- Please use a high capacity transmission cooler.
BREAK IN PERIOD…
Yank converters have a special clutch lining material that requires a special break in procedure.
This procedure consists of:
Driving the converter at normal speeds with NO WOT starts or brake stalling the converter for approx,
150 miles.
Stall checking or Brake stalling will severely damage the clutch lining if converter is not broke in properly.
This will void any warranty.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!