Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
-16* F air temp
-38* F wind chill.

Holy crap.
Yeah truck wouldn't start this morning, first time it wouldn't. I was proud at how it took thwe winter till today. Now I hate everything about it not just most things. In the trucks defense it was really freaking COLD!!!

Driving Daddy's lincoln MKZ oh yeah LUxury.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

-16* F air temp
-38* F wind chill.

Holy crap.
****, where I work the coldest is -20. Just depends on how many trips get shipped out of the ice cream freezer.

Adam knows what I'm talking about. He is probably working in -10* right now.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Staging Lane

I know a few people at Edys, and they have let me tour through there before. Woof is that cold! I think they get a break every hour so that they can thaw out.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terry02
I know a few people at Edys, and they have let me tour through there before. Woof is that cold! I think they get a break every hour so that they can thaw out.
We get our first break after 3 hours of work. We are moving a lot more than they are probably.

Oh and I didn't know THESE existed. Pricey, probably not worth it.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by halucinator
We get our first break after 3 hours of work. We are moving a lot more than they are probably.

Oh and I didn't know THESE existed. Pricey, probably not worth it.
Yeah the guy I know rides a tug and an order picker through the freezer so he isn't moving much.
You and Adam work and the international cold storage?

I had never heard of these heads either but damn!
Old 01-16-2009, 11:29 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bbsgtosscav
anyone up for some drinking sat night???????????
WTF are you talking about?
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by terry02
Yeah the guy I know rides a tug and an order picker through the freezer so he isn't moving much.
You and Adam work and the international cold storage?
You mean a perishable food distribution center? Adam and I work for a big box devil.....
Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Teching In

-16 and UPS trucks are not compatible. I was outside last night working on Trailers, tractors and delivery trucks. Trailers were freezing up the air valves and drums were frozen up tight. Dead batteries and bad glow plugs on delivery trucks, the tractors just said "**** you, i'm not starting!" I figured there was about 15 seconds of cranking before the batteries were dead. Thank God for ether, I think we used 1/2 case of Napa's finest!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:13 PM
10 Second Club

****, where I work the coldest is -20. Just depends on how many trips get shipped out of the ice cream freezer.

Adam knows what I'm talking about. He is probably working in -10* right now.
Yup I was going to say the exact same thing as you did! It was even colder than normal! My brother told me tomatoes were coming in Receiving completely frozen. And later in the day they were shutting off meat and produce doors cuz it was making the rooms so much colder and on the docks. It was cold by the lockers too! O and just to let you know we had a 5 min. meeting today and Ronnie Irwine told us our cost of living raise is 45 cents and even better it starts tomorrow!!!

Hey JPH, Brad, and Shocker, if you can be a man and tough this cold weather this morning then you should come work at Walmart and make 2-3 times as what you do now!

And JPH, you should really think about going to work for Walmart Distribution Center so you can get your car done before you retire!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

****, where I work the coldest is -20.
Yeah, but you don't normally park in the freezer, do you?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:10 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Yup I was going to say the exact same thing as you did! It was even colder than normal! My brother told me tomatoes were coming in Receiving completely frozen. And later in the day they were shutting off meat and produce doors cuz it was making the rooms so much colder and on the docks. It was cold by the lockers too! O and just to let you know we had a 5 min. meeting today and Ronnie Irwine told us our cost of living raise is 45 cents and even better it starts tomorrow!!!

Hey JPH, Brad, and Shocker, if you can be a man and tough this cold weather this morning then you should come work at Walmart and make 2-3 times as what you do now!

And JPH, you should really think about going to work for Walmart Distribution Center so you can get your car done before you retire!!!!
Ha, I will remember that when you need your parts!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

You mean a perishable food distribution center? Adam and I work for a big box devil.....
OK sure. Walmart apparently. In Gas city? right? Some other guys told the made good money out there.
I was refering to international cold storge off of hadley road. Yeah I think thats what it's called. I'm sorry Big box devil I got lost?

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
-16 and UPS trucks are not compatible. I was outside last night working on Trailers, tractors and delivery trucks. Trailers were freezing up the air valves and drums were frozen up tight. Dead batteries and bad glow plugs on delivery trucks, the tractors just said "**** you, i'm not starting!" I figured there was about 15 seconds of cranking before the batteries were dead. Thank God for ether, I think we used 1/2 case of Napa's finest!
Yeah I was is a mad dash for ether this morning, but the damn hood was froze shut, (and kinda smashed from a mail box), so it wouldn't open. Byt this time frost bite had set in so I abandonded the whole effing thing and stole Dad's car.
I was miserable most of the day, freezing as cold, warm in truck, cold at desk, warm in the rest of the building, then in and out of it all day. That ***** with your body.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=
And JPH, you should really think about going to work for Walmart Distribution Center so you can get your car done before you retire!!!! [/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
I'm just trying to get you some incentive to try and get your car done quicker, because we don't want the rest of your parts that you have done to be outdated when your done with the car! Haven't you had that car for a little over 2 years? Because I remember seeing your car over at your parents' house for awhile. And you had the car since at least Sept. 2006 since you were the one to tell me about this site and you had your car then!
OH SNAP! :

Last edited by terry02; 01-16-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: let in on some info
Old 01-16-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Frickin HILARIOUS:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...GTR_317079.htm
Old 01-16-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Tracked down my exhaust leak. Blown header gasket on the driver's side. Damn. Only have to pull the feed pipe off though, turbo and parts can stay.

Fixed an oil leak (loose fitting on the feed side), and got the exhaust on. 950 RPM steady idle. I can burp the throttle smoothly now.

The car is loud. Not Nasty Nate loud, but loud. It's going to be REALLY loud when it gets up on the wastegate, fo' sho'.

Nick, we gotta get moving on your car. Turns out building a turbocharged LS1 RX7 is a pain in the ***. Just FYI.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nick, we gotta get moving on your car. Turns out building a turbocharged LS1 RX7 is a pain in the ***. Just FYI.
Right on, bottom end WILL be done by sunday night, finally got parts and info I needed. I've been banking on the thought that as soon as your's was done, we'd switch gears and start doin work on mine.

I think I got screwed on the LCA I bought on eBay. I filed a claim with paypal, anything else I can do?

And in other news, my 60lbs injectors are officially for sale. $300
Old 01-16-2009, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Someone else we know is in that same issue....

LOL nice picture Josh, must have been takin awhile ago your still wearin shorts

Couldn't you have atleast put the d1sc on for the article

Last edited by blackz6sp; 01-16-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:10 AM
12 Second Club

I feel your pain. On a better note my intercooler piping is ran . going to try to finish the cross over today after work. Then I have to purchase the parts for the down pipe and exhaust which should take a weekend to fab up.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:19 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Tracked down my exhaust leak. Blown header gasket on the driver's side. Damn. Only have to pull the feed pipe off though, turbo and parts can stay.

Fixed an oil leak (loose fitting on the feed side), and got the exhaust on. 950 RPM steady idle. I can burp the throttle smoothly now.

The car is loud. Not Nasty Nate loud, but loud. It's going to be REALLY loud when it gets up on the wastegate, fo' sho'.

Just use "ULTRA COOPER GOLD SILICONE" and NO gasket. It will work like a charm!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:25 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Someone else we know is in that same issue....
Yeah, I just caught that. Good job Josh. Sorry, I don't look at the blower articles, just the n/a.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!