Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
Sorry, I don't look at the blower articles, just the n/a.
Awwww snap! Them is fightin werds!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Yeah, but you don't normally park in the freezer, do you?
Don't need to park in the Freezer. I WORK IN IT!

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Yup I was going to say the exact same thing as you did! It was even colder than normal! My brother told me tomatoes were coming in Receiving completely frozen. And later in the day they were shutting off meat and produce doors cuz it was making the rooms so much colder and on the docks. It was cold by the lockers too! O and just to let you know we had a 5 min. meeting today and Ronnie Irwine told us our cost of living raise is 45 cents and even better it starts tomorrow!!!

Hey JPH, Brad, and Shocker, if you can be a man and tough this cold weather this morning then you should come work at Walmart and make 2-3 times as what you do now!

And JPH, you should really think about going to work for Walmart Distribution Center so you can get your car done before you retire!!!!
Thats good news Adam, everyone on my shift was freaking out since nothing has been said yet. That makes for 2 raises in 1 month I get. Adam, we are lucky though, the guys that work at the Performance food group in kendallville only make .04 a case thrown. Which equals to about $300-$350 a week paycheck and that is what I made when I worked at the store.

Originally Posted by terry02
OK sure. Walmart apparently. In Gas city? right? Some other guys told the made good money out there.
I was refering to international cold storge off of hadley road. Yeah I think thats what it's called. I'm sorry Big box devil I got lost?
NO. Distribution in Garrett. Never even heard of international cold storage. I think Wal-mart is the only place that can be called the devil. I shop too much their and the damn 10% we get.

Oh and my father gave me some of the model cars that he made as a kid. Old gassers that he made and some vintage drag racers. I'll have to take some pictures.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPH
Just use "ULTRA COOPER GOLD SILICONE" and NO gasket. It will work like a charm!
I was going to do that (I use some of that on each of my v-band connections, as well as the turbo flange and the manifold/crossover joints.

However, I used the GM MLS gaskets, and they're ~1/16" thick, and the system was build around that thickness, and it actually tweaks my v-band in the crossover just a little if I bring that manifold in 1/16".

If I had it all to do over, I would have just used the copper silicone to begin with.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
LOL nice picture Josh, must have been takin awhile ago your still wearin shorts

Couldn't you have atleast put the d1sc on for the article
Originally Posted by JPH
Yeah, I just caught that. Good job Josh. Sorry, I don't look at the blower articles, just the n/a.
Thanks guys. Yeah we did the install in July at Cartek in NJ. It was about 100* outside, and their shop isn't air conditioned. It was probably 110* inside!

I think I would rather have 100* weather than that -0* **** we had!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=red01camaroz28;10861593]
Hey JPH, Brad, and Shocker, if you can be a man and tough this cold weather this morning then you should come work at Walmart and make 2-3 times as what you do now!
QUOTE]

haha why don't you just give me your money since you don't know what to do with it!!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by halucinator
Thats good news Adam, everyone on my shift was freaking out since nothing has been said yet. That makes for 2 raises in 1 month I get. Adam, we are lucky though, the guys that work at the Performance food group in kendallville only make .04 a case thrown. Which equals to about $300-$350 a week paycheck and that is what I made when I worked at the store.
Wow that would suck making that much money for doing so much work!

Originally Posted by CobaltSS
haha why don't you just give me your money since you don't know what to do with it!!
NO! That's why I'm doing a bunch of performance stuff to my car this winter, and what are you doing with your car? DRIVING IT?
Old 01-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Teching In

you said it Brad.....pretty bold statement
Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Wow that would suck making that much money for doing so much work!

NO! That's why I'm doing a bunch of performance stuff to my car this winter, and what are you doing with your car? DRIVING IT?
waahaa...you are buyng **** that you dont even know what it does.....you might want to step away from your "high paying" job and read a book or two on performance upgrades.... so at least you know what the **** you are buying and what it does...
Old 01-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Teching In

yeah thats what you do with a daily driver is drive it! I hope your done wasting money on stripes and chrome! ha
Old 01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tide02 retarded multiquote

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
waahaa...you are buyng **** that you dont even know what it does.....you might want to step away from your "high paying" job and read a book or two on performance upgrades.... so at least you know what the **** you are buying and what it does...
yeah thats what you do with a daily driver is drive it! I hope your done wasting money on stripes and chrome! ha

LMAO!!!! I heard there are plans for that cobalt this winter(I sure hope your gonna be able to keep up with that 4cyl. Adam)

Get him B Rad!!!! LOL
Old 01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

::Grabs popcorn::
Old 01-17-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HAHA. too funny bver.

The job isn't that high paying. Its decent for no experience required. I'd rather be doing what you do. Don't car salesman make more than we do? I think top pay for weekend orderfilling is about or a little more than 19.00 an hour (~40,000/yr without benefits, bonuses, overtime or incentive)?
Old 01-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Teching In

well i have not sold cars in 13 years.....
Old 01-17-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well i have not sold cars in 13 years.....
Wow, I know you have something to do with finance or other management position (Thought you sold cars ).
Old 01-17-2009, 04:56 PM
10 Second Club

Ya you got me on that one beaver. I know I need to read some books but I hate reading with a passion besides car magazines!

Ya I think I am. LOL!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by halucinator
The job isn't that high paying. Its decent for no experience required. I'd rather be doing what you do. Don't car salesman make more than we do? I think top pay for weekend orderfilling is about or a little more than 19.00 an hour (~40,000/yr without benefits, bonuses, overtime or incentive)?
Now it's $20.90 with the latest raise for everyone. I will be topped out in September!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:50 PM
11 Second Club

Now it's $20.90 with the latest raise for everyone. I will be topped out in September!
Hey Adam, can you get me an application??
Old 01-17-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmm, getting interesting again.....
Old 01-17-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS1875
Applications are done on computers at the distribution center. So far they have only hired 3 people this year. They might be hiring more here soon when they gain the extra stores back with the realignment.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS1875
If you back is messed up you do not want to be an order selector. Did that **** 10-12 years ago, the only thing it's good for is weight loss LOL..

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!