Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 10:14 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regalgs
Scott you were never honest about any of the races you were in. Nor were you honest about how much was done to your vette or what the car ran. You always told people different times that it ran at the track with no time slips to prove it. It was like bringing a tommy gun to knife fight. The people you scamed out of there money never had a chance. One thing for curtan your vette had the best parts mommy and daddy could buy for it. At least your camaro did run fast and you had time slips to prove it.
remember that dude in the black LT1 camaro with the Mr. Goodrich hat that i beat by about 4 seconds...told him I have a chip! That was almost fair!
Old 06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BWH2003
Yeah RWTD did mine but I am already planning on getting it retuned by Rick. RWTD did a good job but they are impossible to get ahold of. Hopefully I will see you at halls this summer. I still have a new clutch and headers to put on but once Im done with those im done for good. Btw dont buy centerforce what a piece of **** its been.
Yeah Im about to do some LT's and a new catback on mine. Dont know if im gonna pay up for ARH or just get Mac's. I was real happy with Rick just took longer than I had thought to do my datalogs. I did the Spec 3+ on mine, so far it holds up well but dont have anything to compare it to though.
Yea hopefully I will see you, I got an oxford white with black wheels btw
Old 06-16-2008, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 03cobra545
Yeah Im about to do some LT's and a new catback on mine. Dont know if im gonna pay up for ARH or just get Mac's. I was real happy with Rick just took longer than I had thought to do my datalogs. I did the Spec 3+ on mine, so far it holds up well but dont have anything to compare it to though.
I will be looking for you at halls. Is it coupe or vert? I have seen a white vert driving around twice but havent seen the car in a month.

Let me know if you end up going with ARH. I went with kooks and im wondering the differences. People keep saying the ARH ones fit better but from the pics I have seen they look the same fitment wise. Are you planning on dropping the K member or going to try with it in?

I heard bad things about spec but it seems to be hit or miss. Some people hate it and some love it. I went with a RAM dual disc that im hoping will be chatter free but can hold the power.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Teching In

I will be looking for you at halls. Is it coupe or vert? I have seen a white vert driving around twice but havent seen the car in a month.

Let me know if you end up going with ARH. I went with kooks and im wondering the differences. People keep saying the ARH ones fit better but from the pics I have seen they look the same fitment wise. Are you planning on dropping the K member or going to try with it in?

I heard bad things about spec but it seems to be hit or miss. Some people hate it and some love it. I went with a RAM dual disc that im hoping will be chatter free but can hold the power.

have both of you cobras switched out to a 26 spline input yet on your t-56? I am still on a 10 and running a softer clutch spec 2 its got a little give in it and so far is not tearing up my aluminum flywheel. Maybe i wont break the input running a less agressive clutch. What k's are you both running? I have heard a few bad comments about the Mac L/T's. At least enough to stay away from them.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SDB
remember that dude in the black LT1 camaro with the Mr. Goodrich hat that i beat by about 4 seconds...told him I have a chip! That was almost fair!
I remember, I was with you lol. Poor guy never had a chance. Didn't have much of a clue either....
Old 06-17-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PM sent Nate!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Teching In

It's a coupe. As of right now I am leaning towards ARH, so I'll let you know if I go that way. I already have a upr tubular k-member, so with the extra room that gave me I am going to try and do it with the k-member still in. You going to drop yours?

I have heard a lot of good things about the RAM dual disc clutches. But so far the spec is doing alright.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
have both of you cobras switched out to a 26 spline input yet on your t-56? I am still on a 10 and running a softer clutch spec 2 its got a little give in it and so far is not tearing up my aluminum flywheel. Maybe i wont break the input running a less agressive clutch. What k's are you both running? I have heard a few bad comments about the Mac L/T's. At least enough to stay away from them.
Mines got a 26 spline
Old 06-17-2008, 10:32 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, try to help me sell my Tahoe. I'm not extremely firm on the price, so if you find a buyer, I'll hook you up with a finders fee.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=1995+tahoe
Old 06-17-2008, 10:47 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
Hey guys, try to help me sell my Tahoe. I'm not extremely firm on the price, so if you find a buyer, I'll hook you up with a finders fee.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=1995+tahoe
Where the hell have you been?
Old 06-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone going to Muncie on Wed. 6/18?
I am planning on going even though I don't have my M/T drag radials on the car yet. If anyone is going, please look for my 35th LE. Should be easy to spot as the LE's tend to stick out like a sore thumb, being red with silver racing stripes. Hopefully I can learn from some of the faster F-bodies that are running. Take Care.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:56 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Where the hell have you been?
I've been hiding.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

It's a coupe. As of right now I am leaning towards ARH, so I'll let you know if I go that way. I already have a upr tubular k-member, so with the extra room that gave me I am going to try and do it with the k-member still in. You going to drop yours?

I have heard a lot of good things about the RAM dual disc clutches. But so far the spec is doing alright.
Yeah im going to drop mine to do the install as I still have the stock K-member. As of right now the plan is to put the headers in at the same time as the clutch. I do also have a 26 spline input shaft but it is getting replaced by their revised input shaft. Apparently I got mine before the started purchasing the shafts directly from tremec. I guess if you want a dual disc clutch you must have the newest input shaft or you wont have enough spline length for both discs.

So if you know anyone not going with a dual disc that wants my leftover 26 spline shaft Im willing to sell it at a decent price. I know right now Liberty is completely out of them and they have been on national backorder for three months.

Hopefully I can get all this stuff done before the end of the month so I can drive it the rest of the summer without wrenching on it.

Is your car still on pump gas or are you mixing race gas in with it?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ponyhntr
I've been hiding.
Yea Kansas is a pretty big state, so it probably wasn't hard. You getting the LPP headers?
Old 06-17-2008, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Yeah im going to drop mine to do the install as I still have the stock K-member. As of right now the plan is to put the headers in at the same time as the clutch. I do also have a 26 spline input shaft but it is getting replaced by their revised input shaft. Apparently I got mine before the started purchasing the shafts directly from tremec. I guess if you want a dual disc clutch you must have the newest input shaft or you wont have enough spline length for both discs.

So if you know anyone not going with a dual disc that wants my leftover 26 spline shaft Im willing to sell it at a decent price. I know right now Liberty is completely out of them and they have been on national backorder for three months.

Hopefully I can get all this stuff done before the end of the month so I can drive it the rest of the summer without wrenching on it.

Is your car still on pump gas or are you mixing race gas in with it?
Shoot me a price on your input shaft. Have you done the cooling mod on the drivers side head yet? Now is the time if you havent.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slowr w/o Blowr
Shoot me a price on your input shaft. Have you done the cooling mod on the drivers side head yet? Now is the time if you havent.
I refuse to do the cooling mod. Im going to prove once and for all this mod is a joke. It has no proof that it actually works plus once you understand the flow of the 4.6 L cooling system it makes it a worthless mod in my opinion. Until they can show me proof it works with hard data I will not waste money on it.

Btw so far with my data logging the temps in the cars cooling system have been perfectly normal at all times even under full boost.

I will pm you a price once I take a look at it later this week. I want to pull it out and make sure its 100% so it should be in the next few days.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

So much talk of Fords in here I'm getting confused!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

where have you been drew??
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I'm getting my headers Friday (hopefully after 3 month wait). Cross your fingers guys.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's DREW!

Utterly unrelated to anything here, I just changed a rear wheel bearing in my BMW. If another one fails, I'm lighting the car on fire and getting the insurance money. Seriously.

I would rather swap an engine or transmission in the RX7 than change that bearing again, what a massive pain in the ***. Apparently BMW has a special tool for it. &$!&#% Germans...

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!