Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a targa, lock that **** down....FML
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Yes and I actually stayed later today at work today, and probably could get overtime if I wanted too. You take the main Auburn exit and turn left when you get off of I-69, and it will be on your right probably about 3 or 4 miles down just after Best Deal Auto Sales. I also looked today and there were 12 job postings, but as of right now they are only open to employees for about 1 week, and then after that they are open to new employees. The lowest paying job is I think at least $15/hr. somewhere right around there. You make $1.55 more per hour just for being on the weekend shift. I think besides those 12 jobs, I think there is at least 1 or 2 more jobs opening up on the weekend shift. Just to let you know or whoever wants to know, it's almost impossible to get hired on the weekend shift, but sometimes you get lucky.

Going to fill out an application tomorrow...any pointers? should I use you as a reference?? Let me know. I will get you that measurement in a bit.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SS1875
Going to fill out an application tomorrow...any pointers? should I use you as a reference?? Let me know. I will get you that measurement in a bit.
Yes you can use me as a reference, and probably could use Halucinator too. Um for pointers... I would say for the questions you have to answer on the survey deal, I would put report "whatever it is" to a supervisor or coach, and report a medical right away. The survey is pretty much common sense stuff if I remember right, its been over 2.5 years since I took that survey. Make sure you dress nicely, I would probably wear khakis and at least a polo. Maybe Halucinator would chime in too.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by thedarkness
if you have a targa, lock that **** down....FML
Did you score with Bree Olson? I take it flew off and broke, and did it happen when you were with her?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The survey is pretty much common sense stuff if I remember right, its been over 2.5 years since I took that survey.
How the hell did you pass it then?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackz6sp

I just saw this and I know some of you guys would definitely be interested!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-v...th-2009-a.html
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

I just saw this and I know some of you guys would definitely be interested!
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-v...th-2009-a.html

Already signed up...Ryan from LPE PM'd me about it.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Um for pointers... I would say for the questions you have to answer on the survey deal, I would put report "whatever it is" to a supervisor or coach, and report a medical right away.
not sure what your saying here?
Old 05-22-2009, 02:11 AM
10 Second Club

not sure what your saying here?
They ask you what you would do certain situations, most of the time just put that you would go to your supervisor(coach) if you have any questions about it. And any questions that they ask you if you get hurt, put that you would report it right away to a supervisor(coach). Well got to go maybe I'll see you there today, got to be at work at 4am.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I haven't chimed in for a while. I have now fully entered the dreded phase 2 portion of pilot training where they pretty much scream at you as you are flying threatening to fail you and send you looking for a new career because of how bad you suck. It's 12 hour days+ flying and material needed to prep for each day is about 42 hours worth of study time per night (yeah, no way to catch up). Thank God for Memorial day weekend for extra study time!

Blake, thanks for the pics! They were just what I was looking for! Also, your intake looks badass!

Kdog, congrats on the promo! Looking forward to seeing the new Z06.

Shocker, Muncie isn't really that bad. It's just always bad for you (or so it seems). I'll try to give you a call later.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CALL911
Sorry I haven't chimed in for a while. I have now fully entered the dreded phase 2 portion of pilot training where they pretty much scream at you as you are flying threatening to fail you and send you looking for a new career because of how bad you suck. It's 12 hour days+ flying and material needed to prep for each day is about 42 hours worth of study time per night (yeah, no way to catch up). Thank God for Memorial day weekend for extra study time!

Blake, thanks for the pics! They were just what I was looking for! Also, your intake looks badass!

Kdog, congrats on the promo! Looking forward to seeing the new Z06.

Shocker, Muncie isn't really that bad. It's just always bad for you (or so it seems). I'll try to give you a call later.

Thanks. Nick should have my valve covers ready in a day or so and I'll get the motor reassembled with the new breather and coolant recover systems. Should look (and work) much better.

That workload doesn't sound like much fun, but at least you get to fly.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Teching In

well said shocker....
Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CALL911
Trust me pal it sux! On the plus side the car was on KILL MODE and took it like a ****** champ. Wow big difference! (thanks to muncie I have nothin to show for it)

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
well said shocker....
Old 05-22-2009, 09:12 AM
11 Second Club

(thanks to muncie I have nothin to show for it)

Sure you do...another excuse as to why your LT1 is better than a JPH cammed LS1
Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

They ask you what you would do certain situations, most of the time just put that you would go to your supervisor(coach) if you have any questions about it. And any questions that they ask you if you get hurt, put that you would report it right away to a supervisor(coach). Well got to go maybe I'll see you there today, got to be at work at 4am.

That would be the common sense part.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:27 AM
11 Second Club

Your LT1 is better than a JPH cammed LS1
It is? Thanks D
Old 05-22-2009, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes you can use me as a reference, and probably could use Halucinator too. Um for pointers... I would say for the questions you have to answer on the survey deal, I would put report "whatever it is" to a supervisor or coach, and report a medical right away. The survey is pretty much common sense stuff if I remember right, its been over 2.5 years since I took that survey. Make sure you dress nicely, I would probably wear khakis and at least a polo. Maybe Halucinator would chime in too.
Its been over 3 years since I have taken it. All the answers, they are Strongly Agree through Strongly Disagree. I only marked either Strongly agree and Strongly disagree on the questions. Answering in between would only cast doubt on your answers and cause the computer to reject your application (Its been known to happen). Darren, You can use my wife or Me as a reference. Since you have our number.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Thanks. Nick should have my valve covers ready in a day or so and I'll get the motor reassembled with the new breather and coolant recover systems. Should look (and work) much better.

That workload doesn't sound like much fun, but at least you get to fly.
Under the hood of your car definatly looks sweet!

The flying would be enjoyable if I didn't have an instructor behind me inventing new slang curse phrases to describe my lack of flying skills. There's an insane amount of knowledge to be upheld to, that I am no where near to yet ( I have been flying the plane less than a week). When it comes to actually flying the plane, I am actually doing well. My landings are good time and time again. Now if I knew all the headings, proper torque, pitch and roll degrees, and configurations for all the manuevers, and 26 different kinds of landing patterns (not to mention all proper radio calls), then I might actually be somewhere. The good news is, most are in my same boat here. Others that are doing better baffle me where they get the time to get everything down.

Trust me pal it sux! On the plus side the car was on KILL MODE and took it like a ****** champ. Wow big difference! (thanks to muncie I have nothin to show for it)

At least Shocker2 is running like a champ. It's only a matter of time then before you get lucky and Muncie isn't a **** show.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by halucinator
Its been over 3 years since I have taken it. All the answers, they are Strongly Agree through Strongly Disagree. I only marked either Strongly agree and Strongly disagree on the questions. Answering in between would only cast doubt on your answers and cause the computer to reject your application (Its been known to happen). Darren, You can use my wife or Me as a reference. Since you have our number.

Filled out the application....passed the questionnaire ....hopefully something good comes of it. Used people from my old job as references, but thank you for the offer. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Anyone gonna be out tonight?? its amazing weather....

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!