Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jake, I need the consolation of seeing the video or I'm going to have to start seeing SDB about my depression and thoughts of hurting myself......
Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

Scott, I saw the video. You won fwiw haha
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
is that treated wood....are you gonna need to thompson water seal that every year??? right now is there a hole in your neighbors deck???? inquiring minds wanna know????
LOL, good eye, that is deck material.

It's Trex deck, so it doesn't need treated. We thought ahead!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Also, sorry about your luck. So its a head gasket and a fuel pump correct?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Don't know for sure yet. Joe's coming over to pull the plugs. Nate's out of town all week, so nothings going to happen very quickly anyway. I'm afraid I stayed in it too long at the end of the first race and over revved or got into the limiter and somehow caused the "bad things". I'm sure rev limiters and nitrous don't mix well. Hopefully, it's just a head gasket and nothing internal like bent valves. It didn't sound catastrophic when I limped it on 469, but it sure didn't sound very good pulling into the garage from the driveway. It was only running on 5 or 6 cylinders and they didn't sound too good. Definentely going to invest in a wideband once the car's repaired and running again.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
Don't know for sure yet. Joe's coming over to pull the plugs. Nate's out of town all week, so nothings going to happen very quickly anyway. I'm afraid I stayed in it too long at the end of the first race and over revved or got into the limiter and somehow caused the "bad things". I'm sure rev limiters and nitrous don't mix well. Hopefully, it's just a head gasket and nothing internal like bent valves. It didn't sound catastrophic when I limped it on 469, but it sure didn't sound very good pulling into the garage from the driveway. It was only running on 5 or 6 cylinders and they didn't sound too good. Definentely going to invest in a wideband once the car's repaired and running again.
Don't you have the nitrous cutoff before the limiter?
I would assume your kit has all the safety window switches.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:48 AM
10 Second Club

I forgot about that. Probably does have that stuff. That does make me feel a little better. Maybe it was fuel pump related after all. We'll find out, I hope.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I forgot about that. Probably does have that stuff. That does make me feel a little better. Maybe it was fuel pump related after all. We'll find out, I hope.
Prolly sounded like a rev limiter if ya ran out of fuel on nitrous on the big end
Old 06-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Jake, I need the consolation of seeing the video or I'm going to have to start seeing SDB about my depression and thoughts of hurting myself......
I cant get streetfire to upload the damn thing it keeps freezing in the same spot every time
I think im just gonna do youtube again
Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 AM
11 Second Club

Car wasn't sounding bad at all out there but it was changing colors as I was following you...white....then black....then a mix...back to white......black, then finally all white until you stopped. Probably washed out some rings...hopefully you didn't hurt anything by running it with the cylinders full of coolant.
I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by krobinson123
Also, sorry about your luck. So its a head gasket and a fuel pump correct?
The first race... and second when I went a little sideways lol. The third race was my best but the damage might have already been done at that point?? It was still close on the last race
Edit: I figured it out the video is uploading as we speak...

Last edited by 03cobra545; 06-22-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03cobra545
The first race... and second when I went a little sideways lol. The third race was my best but the damage might have already been done at that point?? It was still close on the last race
Edit: I figured it out the video is uploading as we speak...
if streetfire doesn't work, try vimeo, it's tons better than Youtube.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Teching In

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...ple_690841.htm
2nd race got squirrely incase couldnt tell by me yelling WOW! lol
It was a fun night thanks scott, hope u get it all figured out

Last edited by 03cobra545; 06-22-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

I could see me in the back ground....haha. They looked awesome from my vantage point.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:20 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackz6sp
Don't you have the nitrous cutoff before the limiter?
I would assume your kit has all the safety window switches.
I had it set to cut of 100-200 before shift/definatley before rev limit.

**** THE WIDE BAND>>>>that is ricer tuner ****, wont do a ******* thing to save your car. By the time it registers and you see it...TOO ******* LATE>

Get a real fule system if your gonna spend the money! At least get two brand new pumps and do the dual intank thing. I bet youll need two head gaskets, 8 plugs, two pumps (maybe other parts of intank kit, dont know how the system is now that it was changed), check the heads out (valves springs, flatness of deck), header gaskets, coolant (dont forget the Purple Ice/Water Wetter), and might as well power flush the colling system, and pressure wash the underside of the car (lol)...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

its all fun and games until someone blows a head gasket! lol

does anyone ever race from a dead stop? ever? even for like 10 feet? at all?

Massey, you have a stalled auto, stop this roll racing ****...dead stop, 1/4 mile, kill everyone...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 03cobra545
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c...ple_690841.htm
2nd race got squirrely incase couldnt tell by me yelling wow! Lol
it was a fun night thanks scott, hope u get it all figured out
street racing is wrong and it is illigal...this is a message from god....you two guys need to learn a lesson, weather it is street racing or doing 89 in a 45, you are risking alot of inncent peoples lives...keep it on the track..be safe!!! Thats why darren and i never pertake is such foolishness...:d
track dogs not street hounds i say!!!!:d
Old 06-22-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Or you can get a wideband with a programmable output to watch the AFR and have it shut off the spray if the car goes lean. Not difficult to do and nice and safe (relatively speaking anyway). I believe FJO and FAST have that capability. Not sure on the LM2, though I know my LM1 does not (I use the PCM input on the WBO2 to control a timing retard and output a boost cut to my controller).

Although, like SDB said, tuning your car to not break is pansy ricer ****.

Nothing will save you if you run it to 7400 RPM on stock rod bolts though...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:49 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Or you can get a wideband with a programmable output to watch the AFR and have it shut off the spray if the car goes lean. Not difficult to do and nice and safe (relatively speaking anyway). I believe FJO and FAST have that capability. Not sure on the LM2, though I know my LM1 does not (I use the PCM input on the WBO2 to control a timing retard and output a boost cut to my controller).

Although, like SDB said, tuning your car to not break is pansy ricer ****.

Nothing will save you if you run it to 7400 RPM on stock rod bolts though...
well, you can do it that way, and the more electronic **** you have on a car the more **** doesnt work. People chase these electrical gremlins all the time. THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO IS GET A REAL FUEL SYSTEM WITH ONE PUMP. the other electronic **** is a bandaid for **** poor setups, like dual weak pumps in a tank. why spend money on FJO to monitor a poorly designed fuel system. **** just doesnt make sense...at all....putting more electornic bullshit on a car that needs a big single pump instead of dual bullshit setup. SUmped tank, Weldon pump, big line, return kit, voila, NO NEED FOR WIDEBAND
Old 06-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by b_ver_plezer69
street racing is wrong and it is illigal...this is a message from god....you two guys need to learn a lesson, weather it is street racing or doing 89 in a 45, you are risking alot of inncent peoples lives...keep it on the track..be safe!!! Thats why darren and i never pertake is such foolishness...:d
track dogs not street hounds i say!!!!:d
Pssh I was only going 79 lol

Scott you need to get this setup for your camaro, paddle and all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=canoMaY47b0
but seriously 454lsx

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!