Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 03:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Besides that, I don't talk **** and get lit up by vehicles with 600+ less HP.
Fixed
Old 08-09-2009, 03:59 AM
Teching In

I dont understand where anyone is getting this **** talking from jeffs side. ******* baller guy humble as hell....you can ask tony urself if you want too. All i said was if his car ran like it did 3 years ago when he parked it (it had some issues that he fixed)it would be a good raceRace happened and by the way the car ran there is issues. Im the one that taped the video. Tranny dosent want to go into gear during a load.I dont think its syncros problems i believe its a clutch issue but wither way hes switching to an auto.

Jeff siad it himself....no excuses. just needs tuned up after sitting forever. He came out after 3 years of not playing (Due to spending some time and money with his kids). He comes out and is down to race his first night back. What do you expect.

And im not to sure who else is talking **** but me and jerry were the only ones auctually talking to him bout the race. I said it may be a good race and jerry said the same...there was no **** talking fromme jerry and i never even heard a negative comment out of jeffs mouth. Even after the race was over and i quit taping he just looks at me and said HOLY **** THAT CAR ******* AWSOME....lol. the only people that even talked that night were me, jerry, jeff, tony, and nick. And i didnt here anyone talking ****. So i dont know who this third party is talking **** but you can pm me and we can have a conversation.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:10 AM
Teching In

Oh and sorry for not having ur flanges done tonight nick.Learning takes a little whilebut i do appreciate you letting me do them. Ill have them at ur house tomorow after noon when i finish them.

Oh and for the record if anyone needs any machine work done i can do it pretty cheap just pm me and we can work it out.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

**** you bitches.

I'm on a boat. Fer real.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well not really, but I am in Jax.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The **** talking is pretty much everyone running around with the OMGWTFBBQ 700 HP stuff, and then the car getting walked, HARD by Tony. That T/A was running mid/high 12s there.

I don't beat my car if it's running 300+ HP off of where it should be or if the transmission is costing me 2-3 seconds of performance. That's just me. Like I said, I don't know Jeff, he may well be a great guy, but he needs to get his car sorted out, or everyone needs to quit talking about it like it's the second coming, cause right now, he's running back of the pack in this crowd.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Hey Joe. Stop telling everyone about my horrible missed shift when I took you for a ride! Hahahaha. Ran into Dean Castleman last night.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Hey luke ,here's thatlink to that wax I was telling you about.

http://www.turtlewaxblackbox.com/
**** works great on black cars,check it out
Old 08-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Teching In

The **** talking is pretty much everyone running around with the OMGWTFBBQ 700 HP stuff, and then the car getting walked, HARD by Tony. That T/A was running mid/high 12s there.

I don't beat my car if it's running 300+ HP off of where it should be or if the transmission is costing me 2-3 seconds of performance. That's just me. Like I said, I don't know Jeff, he may well be a great guy, but he needs to get his car sorted out, or everyone needs to quit talking about it like it's the second coming, cause right now, he's running back of the pack in this crowd.
Im kinda confused about how anyone was "Talking ****". A few people got excited bout the car. Me and jerry basiclly. A few people asked jeff what it was making he told them XXXwhp back in the day. Me and jerry were just excited that the car was out again. NEITHER OF US WERE GOING UP TO PEOPLE AND SAYING OMG THIS CAR IS SO ******* FAST THAT IT MAKES THE BACK TO THE FUTURE CAR LOOK LIKE A POS. We were excited and jeff was excited. He was interested in a race to see where he was at and the car needs some work after sitting that long. I see no **** talking.

Honestly i dont see the situation with you much different then jeff...when ur car was out everyone freaked (Its a ******* awesome car, when i heard u were selling it i went to the bank same day to try and see if i could get a personal loan).

But when you were out alot of people (you may not have heard) freaked out about ur car just because its just ******* cool....same as jeff...both of you took ur time with them, both are something unique, both have pretty humble guys driving them.

His **** was parked for three years...people got excited...it didnt run so well so its getting changes.

Ur **** got the swap and turbo...PEOPLE GOT REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ******* EXCITED........it didnt run so well so it getting retarded lol.

BTW blake check out the flanges I made for nick. First time ever on a mill and they turned out ******* BALLER.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

I see everyone's panties are getting in a twist over this car. So here is something to get everyone's mind away from complaing about some "700whp" car. ENJOY!!!!

Old 08-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Teching In

that pic is now my screensaver.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dark_02wrx
Im kinda confused about how anyone was "Talking ****". A few people got excited bout the car. Me and jerry basiclly. A few people asked jeff what it was making he told them XXXwhp back in the day. Me and jerry were just excited that the car was out again. NEITHER OF US WERE GOING UP TO PEOPLE AND SAYING OMG THIS CAR IS SO ******* FAST THAT IT MAKES THE BACK TO THE FUTURE CAR LOOK LIKE A POS. We were excited and jeff was excited. He was interested in a race to see where he was at and the car needs some work after sitting that long. I see no **** talking.
I think you're getting really bent out of shape over a difference in definition.

I consider it talking **** if a car is hyped and fails to perform. Talk was made, car didn't perform, thus, that talk was ****. If you get this offended about that, you're really on the wrong forum. If this topic is the worst **** you catch, you're doing pretty ******* good, as usual topics on here involve someone ******* a sheep (and that's on the subtle side).

Honestly i dont see the situation with you much different then jeff...when ur car was out everyone freaked (Its a ******* awesome car, when i heard u were selling it i went to the bank same day to try and see if i could get a personal loan).

But when you were out alot of people (you may not have heard) freaked out about ur car just because its just ******* cool....same as jeff...both of you took ur time with them, both are something unique, both have pretty humble guys driving them.

His **** was parked for three years...people got excited...it didnt run so well so its getting changes.

Ur **** got the swap and turbo...PEOPLE GOT REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ******* EXCITED........it didnt run so well so it getting retarded lol.
I've never made a single claim about my car that it didn't back up. Last year, I said it was a mid 12 second car with around 400 RWHP. Lucas and I raced, and I'd say that was proven out pretty well. Ben (Call911) can back that up.

I don't think I got a chance to race anyone this year (in town) but my statement that it was a mid 11 second car and running ~500 RWHP was well backed up at the one event I did get to (Seven Not Stock Indy/Winged Warrior) and the guys there that I did get to race can back up it's performance there. Unfortunately I never got the turn the car up before it broke. FWIW, I also stated it was going to break, though it did break before I expected it, due to a stupid issue (cam bearing, WTF?).

FWIW, it ran great. A 12.3 on an early shutoff and mis-shift on my 5th pass at low boost (6-7 psi) is right on what I expected from the setup, and the car had high 10s in it on ~14 lbs and meth (and more practice behind the wheel). With 4.10 gears and a stick, the car was never going to run to the best of it's potential. I built a car to have fun with on the street, and I don't think I've ever represented it otherwise. FWIW, the new setup will probably still be neutred by my 4.10s, until I get the 3.55 Exploder rear setup.

I know people hype cars more than they should, and that's fine. If you think I don't catch lots of **** (and take it in stride) you're not around much.

Regardless, you seem like a nice enough guy, just stop getting strung out about us talking some trash, you'll have a very bad time in this group if you can't handle it without getting bent out of shape. I appreciate you hooking Nick up (and offering to hook us all up) so I think you're getting some leniency here; we're a pretty vicious group if someone can't take some ****, generally.

BTW blake check out the flanges I made for nick. First time ever on a mill and they turned out ******* BALLER.
Will do, though you would have made my life easier if they had round ports to meet the pipe.

that pic is now my screensaver.
Now THAT is a little creepy.

Last edited by digitalsolo; 08-09-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

I wasnt really referring to all that. I was just talking bout the spun bearing...as in **** happens that unexpected and people just ogtta fix it. Like jeffs car not running to par.

I got ya blake. Sorry i took that a little to far. Just use to sticking up for myself and my freinds i didnt know you ment it in that way. I used to be a hardcore honda kid so I have an on/off switch when it comes to arguments. Seems like i can keep it off here. And its nice to know that.

With it only being a half inch i would have some majors problems trying to get that to a circle.....(for a first timer). I dont even know if m dad can do that with 32 years of machining experiance. Its a manual mill. No programing or anything. Lathe lessons i believe start next week. ***** gonna be dope.And nick if u still need somone to weld i can ask my dad to ask around.He knows everyone in town thats does any kind of old school fab work.

Last edited by dark_02wrx; 08-09-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Now THAT is a little creepy.
I just think that pics ******* hilarious. And it reminds me to stay away from drinking and upsidedown syndrome.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 AM
Teching In

did somebody say sheep? I just picked up a pair of rubber boots, Their oversized around the calves and ankles for that special time. If anybody wants to borrow them PM me.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is for Shocker;

Old 08-10-2009, 09:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
This is for Shocker;

That's awesome Ben!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
This is for Shocker;
Nice Ben!

Speaking of high HP M6's, how many miles do you have on your stock M6 Ben?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad you liked the picture man;

Around 90,000. Never had any issues with the tranny itself. Then again, I've only power shifted it maybe a half dozen times since I've owned it. The LT1 T-56's are very strong. I wish my LS1 tranny was half as good.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm pretty sure that the internals are the same (minus ratios in 1st gear on some years and 6th gear on all years) between the LS1 and LT1 T56. Different clutch setups though.

I don't poweshift my transmission either, but mostly because I'm a girly man and I'm afraid. Will be getting a 2 step soon so I can flat shift it though.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!