Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That car is epic fail...I talked to the guy that owned it before ur buddy a few months ago.

Hed pulled up to our little hangout in it and got out and was telling everyone how it was a 40,000 dollar car cause thats what kbb said....we proceeded to make fun of him...he then start it to rev it up like hard *** (cause thats what all the cool kids do) and i heard a knock sound everyone else noticed it as well. I asked about it in front of eveyone and he said it was a lifter.....I looked at him and said it sounded alot like rod knock...like really bad......he then told me i was wrong and then proceeded to tell everyone ion the lot that it was for sale. then i told everyone that he talked to to not even think about it....then he leaves and leaves a huge BLACK AS DEATH puddle of oil....

A few months pass....then i see him come back on his bike...I walked up to him and asked him why he wasnt driving the rx7. He just looked at me and said "Oh.....turns out it was a rod bearing" I just look at him and then walk away.

I hope he got everything figured out and hope your freind has a straight car. I would run through it though and check everything.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dark_02wrx
That car is epic fail...I talked to the guy that owned it before ur buddy a few months ago.

Hed pulled up to our little hangout in it and got out and was telling everyone how it was a 40,000 dollar car cause thats what kbb said....we proceeded to make fun of him...he then start it to rev it up like hard *** (cause thats what all the cool kids do) and i heard a knock sound everyone else noticed it as well. I asked about it in front of eveyone and he said it was a lifter.....I looked at him and said it sounded alot like rod knock...like really bad......he then told me i was wrong and then proceeded to tell everyone ion the lot that it was for sale. then i told everyone that he talked to to not even think about it....then he leaves and leaves a huge BLACK AS DEATH puddle of oil....

A few months pass....then i see him come back on his bike...I walked up to him and asked him why he wasnt driving the rx7. He just looked at me and said "Oh.....turns out it was a rod bearing" I just look at him and then walk away.

I hope he got everything figured out and hope your freind has a straight car. I would run through it though and check everything.
LOL. Well, so far all I know is the carb needed to be adjusted since it ran like crap. I don't know about anything else yet. I hope he didn't get screwed either. The guy who bought it is pretty cool. Way cooler than cobb cool.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I'd yank the motor at the very least and take a look at it. If nothing else, it needs some heads that aren't iron relics from the 70s and a matched cam/valve springs, with a good set of rockers.

Or, he can lose to Switches. Either or.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 PM
12 Second Club

Small block chevy's are cheap just rebuild it and make it faster.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dark_02wrx

Adam, check your spelling and grammar!!! LOL. That hurt my head just trying to decipher all of that!

On another note, it looks like I'll be staying here this weekend, so are there any special plans, or is everyone going to be parked at liberty like normal?

Last edited by 03CobraMike; 08-25-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hopefully my car will be on the road by this weekend. Just waiting on a stupid harmonic balancer (Pro Products lost my order!) and a vacuum block.

Nick's car should be running this weekend also, though I don't think it will be moving more than 20-30' under it's own power (if at all).
Old 08-25-2009, 04:26 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
New shortblock shipped today. Should be here Friday. Nate hopes to have the old one out by next weekend. Then Joe can check it over. Heads and intake will go to Al for inspection and any additional port work on the intake.

Julie's in the loop now. Not happy, but eerily calm. I sleep with one eye open.
bye bye *****!

lol

Glad to hear its all coming together!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
New shortblock shipped today. Should be here Friday. Nate hopes to have the old one out by next weekend. Then Joe can check it over. Heads and intake will go to Al for inspection and any additional port work on the intake.

Julie's in the loop now. Not happy, but eerily calm. I sleep with one eye open.
Glad to hear that! How do you like your M&H drag radials? Would you recommend them? I'm thinkin about getting a set for the RX7.

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
Nick's car should be running this weekend also, though I don't think it will be moving more than 20-30' under it's own power (if at all).
No gears for the diff yet (waiting for hoodless Cobra Jarod to take his out), no front suspension, no rear wheel bearings, no brakes, no tires, but I should have my new rims in by this weekend So hopefully it'll start, but it'll most def be in hover-craft mode.

Last edited by The Beast; 08-25-2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Personally I'd yank the motor at the very least and take a look at it. If nothing else, it needs some heads that aren't iron relics from the 70s and a matched cam/valve springs, with a good set of rockers.

Or, he can lose to Switches. Either or.
What are you trying to say ?? That my Buick is slow , just not rod knocking ,lifter ticking,oil leaking , V-8 RX7 slow?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

It sounds like this year has been filled with the enevitable... peoples **** breaking. And for a few others, waiting on cars to be finished. Anytime you get a bit of that, its to be expected for things to slow down.

In my position, I prefer things to be this way for now. That way I don't miss anything exciting while I am gone.

Anyone know if Nate is getting either his old car up and running? Or doing anything to his silver one?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Hopefully my car will be on the road by this weekend. Just waiting on a stupid harmonic balancer (Pro Products lost my order!) and a vacuum block.
Good luck on getting out this weekend. If your luck is like mine, It'll most likely rain
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Beast

No gears for the diff yet (waiting for hoodless Cobra Jarod to take his out), no
if you are waiting for him to take is out i have a set in my garage that are the same ratio that would work 15 dollars takes them so they are out of my sight
Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by switches
What are you trying to say ?? That my Buick is slow , just not rod knocking ,lifter ticking,oil leaking , V-8 RX7 slow?
I'm saying it's a lot faster than that car.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
if you are waiting for him to take is out i have a set in my garage that are the same ratio that would work 15 dollars takes them so they are out of my sight
3.27's? I'll take 'em, and use one of the sets as a spare. Because it's not if but when my rear eventually goes
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Nick, I love the M&Hs. I'll get them again. Assuming I still run the 17s. When I do the new rear (Spring?), I'll go narrowed with 15 inch Bogarts, probably.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Beast
3.27's? I'll take 'em, and use one of the sets as a spare. Because it's not if but when my rear eventually goes
Isn't the Cobra IRS pretty stout, when do they start to fail? If that doesn't work, my friends father has a dana 60 IRS that was a prototype for the 24 hour lemans viper. That would work.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Teching In

they can be stout if built right
Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Did you guys here that Papa John's are giving away large 1 topping pizzas to whoever has Camaros? I got mine today and I know Darren did too.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:38 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red01camaroz28
Did you guys here that Papa John's are giving away large 1 topping pizzas to whoever has Camaros? I got mine today and I know Darren did too.
I knew it, but you had to drive the car there to get it free... mine's not running yet.

Besides, most of the guys that post in this thread anymore don't even own F-bodies, let alone a Camaro!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Addict

It was all on the account that the founder of Papa Johns had an old 2nd Gen Camaro who he had been searching for since he sold it back in the early 80's. He just found and re-purchased the 2nd Gen Camaro (for like $250,000) and in celebration of it was why today he was offering a free pizza to anyone who drove up in a Camaro.

I personally don't care for Papa Johns pizza (much prefer Pizza Hut), but I gotta say its a sweet giveaway for Camaro owners...

Speaking of sweet things for Camaro owners, anyone happen to see the latest GMHTP magazine? Perhaps looking in the Street Heat section?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!