Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beast
no one wants to go from a ricer roll
Yeah...*looks around* no one does.

Tonight, I'm going to party cuz it's yesterday it was my birfday and I couldn't party. Tomorrow, going to go over to Cobb's to help with his motor, then later going to party because it was my birfday. Sunday, going to play basketball and let Blake borrow my welder. That's all I have planned. Hit me up, we'll figure something out.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott, I sent you a PM. My schedule is really packed tight this weekend, but I will be glad to help you out if I can. Sunday will be the best day if its gonna happen. I'll just need a new dremel metal cutting blade (or 2).
Old 07-12-2008, 03:44 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Massey,

If you want to put a new motor in the car, keep the dual pump setup. I never liked the idea of two pumps, if the second one isnt working, your motor is gone on the bottle.

ALuminum tank with sump, ONE big external fuel pump, regulator. That is all you need and if it dies, your car wont run.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDB
Massey,

If you want to put a new motor in the car, keep the dual pump setup. I never liked the idea of two pumps, if the second one isnt working, your motor is gone on the bottle.

ALuminum tank with sump, ONE big external fuel pump, regulator. That is all you need and if it dies, your car wont run.
Very true but I'm sure it comes down to cost the nasty fuel system isn't cheap
Old 07-12-2008, 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NASTYTRANSAM
Very true but I'm sure it comes down to cost the nasty fuel system isn't cheap

Very true!!! I'm sure some could afford it.... I am not one of them though. The dedicated system sounds like a nice idea but there again it can be somewhat costly.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think the big fuel pumps are worth the $ IMO. I have the dual in tank system in my Camaro which I installed myself with a buddy. All together I have maybe $240 in the whole thing (including the boost referenced HOBBS switch). It is a proven reliable fuel system.

The same could be done safely for a Nitrous car. Just run the dual in tank setup, and run a relay switch off a fuel pressure HOBBS style switch. Have the relay switch only enable the Nitrous to spray when the fuel pressure is at a certain psi. Then have a fuel pressure gauge in the car so you can also moniter it. It would be just as safe as anything, but would cost a TON less than the big fuel pump setup lots are going with. Don't get me wrong, its a great setup, but not really necissary, especially when using a dual in tank setup can be done for MUCH less.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

I've already got over a grand in what I've got. I would have done the high dollar stuff if I'd know what was gonna happen. That ship's already sailed. Gotta stick with what I've got and make it work. Ben's coming over tomorrow morning and we're cutting the access door. Nate's offered to help pull the pumps and see what's going on in there. The whole situation sucks, really, but I've gotta deal with it. If the pumps are both junk, then I'm going to have a serious talk with Pat. He un-did the WOT switch without telling me. Not cool, IMO. With the second pump only running WOT, there wouldn't have been the added heat generated by the second pump and they would have been fine. We'll just have to see what's up and go from there.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:55 PM
11 Second Club

Snapps, I sent some PM's back to the people who were intersted in the parts we talked about. Hopefully you can get them sold.

D
Old 07-12-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS1875
Snapps, I sent some PM's back to the people who were intersted in the parts we talked about. Hopefully you can get them sold.

D
TY sir
Old 07-12-2008, 11:41 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
I've already got over a grand in what I've got. I would have done the high dollar stuff if I'd know what was gonna happen. That ship's already sailed. Gotta stick with what I've got and make it work. Ben's coming over tomorrow morning and we're cutting the access door. Nate's offered to help pull the pumps and see what's going on in there. The whole situation sucks, really, but I've gotta deal with it. If the pumps are both junk, then I'm going to have a serious talk with Pat. He un-did the WOT switch without telling me. Not cool, IMO. With the second pump only running WOT, there wouldn't have been the added heat generated by the second pump and they would have been fine. We'll just have to see what's up and go from there.

Did Pat wire them both to run all the time at normal voltage? Wow, I guess that could generate some heat in the gas tank! Hindsight is 20/20....I had good luck with intank pump and boost-a-pump, but my next move would have been aluminum sump'd tank and single big *** pump!
Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
I did talk to Pat and he said the only wiring that he touched/changed was the wiring at the microswitch up by your throttle. I am not a big fan of the in-tank dual setup, but if both pumps were or are running at the sametime, that would cause a big heat issue with the fuel tempature and pump itself. You should call Pat or get with him on this issue, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose that he would of done this, maybe just didn't understand on how it was really wired? Get ahold of me if you need anything scott. Good luck with it.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:33 AM
11 Second Club

Old 07-13-2008, 07:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
I did talk to Pat and he said the only wiring that he touched/changed was the wiring at the microswitch up by your throttle. I am not a big fan of the in-tank dual setup, but if both pumps were or are running at the sametime, that would cause a big heat issue with the fuel tempature and pump itself. You should call Pat or get with him on this issue, I'm sure it wasn't on purpose that he would of done this, maybe just didn't understand on how it was really wired? Get ahold of me if you need anything scott. Good luck with it.
I'll call him. I typed an extensive list of modifications that had been made and needed to be addressed in the retune. I specifically pointed out how the dual pumps were wired as well as how and when the second pump would run. Why he would undo what I specifically told him WHITHOUT TELLING ME is a mystery to me.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Wow, makes me want to sell the Nitrous and stay N/A and stick with what I have. Too many headaches already without having to worry about this as well.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, makes me want to sell the Nitrous and stay N/A and stick with what I have. Too many headaches already without having to worry about this as well.
::cough cough:: BOOST ::cough cough::
Old 07-13-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-13-2008, 11:18 AM
TECH Addict

Scott, hopefully the access panel I cut today made things easy for Nate to access the fuel system and figure out what is going on. Hopefully you get it figured out soon and its something quick, cheep, and simple to fix.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:06 PM
10 Second Club

The hole is definently big enough. Thanks again for your help. Mike @ Preferred is confident that the wiring is good to go, but it would be nice if it's just an unhooked wire somewhere. Nate's coming over later today to pull them and see what's up.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

No problem Scott. Keep us up to date on what it was.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Well, the braided lines seemed fine. So did the wiring in the tank. Next step is 2 new pumps and a fuel filter. Neither pump was shorted, though. I'm curious to hear what Pat and/or Chad has to say. Could the TPS codes and non-working cruise control have anything to do with this? Does one cause the other? I'm sure the TPS and cruise issue are linked, but do they have anything to do with the fuel pumps? Doesn't seem likely, but I just don't know.

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!