Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Camaro Performer magazine has an article saying Massey's car runs low 9's.....ROFLMAO
Old 01-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

has anyone seen this around? nice turbo sticking out the hood
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mr.Obvious
Camaro Performer magazine has an article saying Massey's car runs low 9's.....ROFLMAO
It must of meant in the 1/8

Did it mention at what track this happened. If I was to guess it was most likely at the 8th annual Fort Wayne Big Bore LawnChair Nationals. That's where most the fast fort ls cars post there best times.

Last edited by 73turbo53; 01-14-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bedo
Did BEAST get his car back from all the cage work allready?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bedo
the car is/was legit has a built dry sump rb26 in it

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...d/viewall.html

and here is a magazine article about it, why the guy doesn't put it in a garage is beyond me, i would be surprised if the motor and turbo isn't shot since the car sat out most of the winter including the turbo getting snow in it and setting for several days
Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
the car is/was legit has a built dry sump rb26 in it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=covq3bSvZW0

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...d/viewall.html

and here is a magazine article about it, why the guy doesn't put it in a garage is beyond me, i would be surprised if the motor and turbo isn't shot since the car sat out most of the winter including the turbo getting snow in it and setting for several days

wow thats crazy! yeah every time I go on past its always sitting there in that same exact spot..no idea what the guy is doing with it
Old 01-24-2013, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr.Obvious
Wow looks like they made a mistake! Pretty sure that is/was Scott's goal! Not his claimed time

Originally Posted by 73turbo53
It must of meant in the 1/8

Did it mention at what track this happened. If I was to guess it was most likely at the 8th annual Fort Wayne Big Bore LawnChair Nationals. That's where most the fast fort ls cars post there best times.
Aw people seem so butt hurt these days! This doesn't hurt my feelings I don't own a car or claim to have a fast car! too bad who I build for don't desire all drag cars guess that makes there cars junk then
Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

I agree Nate! My trans am is a piece of ****!! I mean its a street car and was never claimed to be a drag car one bit! Guess we will see how this Camaro turns out! haha 73 camaro vs 98 camaro? lol
Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Smile

Not trying to hurt any feelings. The cars you have built are great looking and there is no denying that. The laughable part is many of the car owners themselves. if you don’t race your car it doesn’t mean the car is junk, but if you tell magazines a bunch of bs about “chasing numbers” then you might be a D bag. Many of us have made more passes with our “actual street cars” at one event then any of the previously mentioned lawn chair racers have made combined in the many years your cars have been together. The awesome part is this has not stopped them for taking credit for the imaginary time slips. I guess I just don’t see the point of telling magazines and other less savvy car people about how fast is when everyone knows it is bs. The good news is they typically are prepared with the many common lawn chair racer excuses such as the DA was too high (my all time favorite), my nitrous was too low, or my 325’s aren’t enough tire. I guess having a 800 horse car that runs 12’s is no different than the pro street guys from the 80’s having 33 x 15 sportsman’s and a tunnel ram to snap off neck breaking 13.5’s. Both types of cars are very similar, they are great looking, very expensive, and can’t perform at any level close to thier appearance or what the owner has told all the adoring fans. What the lawn chair racers haven’t figured out is no car is going to roll off the trailer and run its best number, so save the excusses pull up your panties and learn how to work on your own car then get back in the staging lanes. BTW before you put that interior back in your Real Street car you might want to add a few more bars, those cars are running sub 8.5’s.

As for the 98 vs the 73 i will take that race all day
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM
9 Second Club

I want in on this racing action! Here is a list of my mods:

-24" wheels
-Neon under body lights
- Fast and Furious body kit
- Tornado air intake
- Polished stainless emblem inserts
-Cold tune
-Turbo muffler
-Bosch spark plugs
-Blue racers tape on the rear quarters

The guy I bought it from said it would run 6's if I could get enough seat time......

Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 73turbo53
Not trying to hurt any feelings. The cars you have built are great looking and there is no denying that. The laughable part is many of the car owners themselves. if you don’t race your car it doesn’t mean the car is junk, but if you tell magazines a bunch of bs about “chasing numbers” then you might be a D bag. Many of us have made more passes with our “actual street cars” at one event then any of the previously mentioned lawn chair racers have made combined in the many years your cars have been together. The awesome part is this has not stopped them for taking credit for the imaginary time slips. I guess I just don’t see the point of telling magazines and other less savvy car people about how fast is when everyone knows it is bs. The good news is they typically are prepared with the many common lawn chair racer excuses such as the DA was too high (my all time favorite), my nitrous was too low, or my 325’s aren’t enough tire. I guess having a 800 horse car that runs 12’s is no different than the pro street guys from the 80’s having 33 x 15 sportsman’s and a tunnel ram to snap off neck breaking 13.5’s. Both types of cars are very similar, they are great looking, very expensive, and can’t perform at any level close to thier appearance or what the owner has told all the adoring fans. What the lawn chair racers haven’t figured out is no car is going to roll off the trailer and run its best number, so save the excusses pull up your panties and learn how to work on your own car then get back in the staging lanes. BTW before you put that interior back in your Real Street car you might want to add a few more bars, those cars are running sub 8.5’s.

As for the 98 vs the 73 i will take that race all day
Not hurting my feelings one bit man...my Trans am was built for one reason and that's me! Never promised it to run any numbers, never said anything to any magazine nor any person around Fort Wayne. It's a show queen! Always said if I wanted a race car I'd build one and the Trans am is not a race car. Trans am performs exactly how I want... Low! Big wheels! A lot of horsepower! And make magazine cover! Objective complete!

As for the camaro you are very right my friend it needs more bars but plenty people are competive in RS with a 8.5 cage. Will it win, prolly not with the motor and combo going in it at first. It's a building block to get us to the track figure the car out and have fun doing it. And main reason it's a 8.5 cage is I'm on a budget, I don't have Lingenfelter money to bring a gun to a knife fight with a unlimited budget! Also I want to build a car I can fit into many classes not just RS which is proving to be hard but we are managing! And once it's done I'll give it all it has every track pass! I can't want to line up for some friendly rivalry!

Also like to check your car out once its done. Love 2nd gens!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Default Check out my GF

Here she is, I worked real hard to get this girl in my life. I got a new job to get lots of $$$ for her. Started working out nonstop to get back in shape for her. And she didnt like the way my house was decorated so I had to repaint the whole place and buy new appliances. She cant cook or anything, and I need to keep the intelligence level down to about 4th grade so she can keep up. We also dont have sex. But our relationship is about something different, we really like to spend time together buying her new jewerly and shoes.

Some people think its crazy that I dont pound into that muff with all the time and money ive put into it. But thats not why I got a supermodel GF. . . . . .
Old 01-25-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Sweet analogy! Coming from the Internet hero!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

For the record, I never told them anything other than what's in the original article. They took poetic license with the latest write-up. Believe me, or don't. I couldn't care less.

The fact of the matter is that I'm not that interested in the car anymore. No local track and a 7 day work week make it very impractical. The car was built right with quality parts, it just needs the suspension dialed in and a few tune tweaks for TC lockup.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

My old LT1 still does it for me.

0 - 160 - 40
Old 02-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CALL911
My old LT1 still does it for me.

0 - 160 - 40
Seemed to take a loooong time to get to speed.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hotrodkoolkat

Here she is, I worked real hard to get this girl in my life. I got a new job to get lots of $$$ for her. Started working out nonstop to get back in shape for her. And she didnt like the way my house was decorated so I had to repaint the whole place and buy new appliances. She cant cook or anything, and I need to keep the intelligence level down to about 4th grade so she can keep up. We also dont have sex. But our relationship is about something different, we really like to spend time together buying her new jewerly and shoes.

Some people think its crazy that I dont pound into that muff with all the time and money ive put into it. But thats not why I got a supermodel GF. . . . . .
^^^^^^^
Old 02-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMMillwright
For the record, I never told them anything other than what's in the original article. They took poetic license with the latest write-up. Believe me, or don't. I couldn't care less.
So this Camaro Performer magazine is a magazine of complete fucktard lawn chair writers that make **** up?

Why would anyone read that rag of bullshit.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

You guys kill me. lol
Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Starfire1
Seemed to take a loooong time to get to speed.
Yeah, as you could see, its a real turd

...but I do race it

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!