Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NW burbs Chicago peeps, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008 | 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NW burbs Chicago peeps, need help!

Alright ladies and gents, I need a huge favor. Something at work came up, and now I cant get downtown to use a 250cc bike to take my test this wednesday. I know one of you have a small bike, and am hoping you would be willing to let me ride it for my test in Schaumburg, anytime this week would be helpfull. Let me know ASAP. I am willing to pay 40 bucks for this, since that was the deal I had already made. Wednesday would be ideal seeing as they are open late. I would insure the bike if needed, and you could even ride with me up there, seeing as I do have a permit..... Let me know. Thanks guys. Anything smaller than my Dyna will do...
Old 06-23-2008 | 09:36 AM
Launching!

hey man ive got a pretty pink Vespa You can Borrow...?
Old 06-23-2008 | 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

AS long as its bigger than 150 ccs I don't care what color it is!
Old 06-23-2008 | 10:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
Alright ladies and gents, I need a huge favor. Something at work came up, and now I cant get downtown to use a 250cc bike to take my test this wednesday. I know one of you have a small bike, and am hoping you would be willing to let me ride it for my test in Schaumburg, anytime this week would be helpfull. Let me know ASAP. I am willing to pay 40 bucks for this, since that was the deal I had already made. Wednesday would be ideal seeing as they are open late. I would insure the bike if needed, and you could even ride with me up there, seeing as I do have a permit..... Let me know. Thanks guys. Anything smaller than my Dyna will do...

Good luck with your search!!!!

Last edited by nickate; 06-24-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-23-2008 | 10:32 AM
11 Second Club

Do you ride? If not, then shut up. If you do, the test isn't designed for big bikes, and i don't have the time to take it a bunch of times either.

Due to the deletion of previous comments, this section should now read....

Why thank you numb nuts.

Last edited by twizted_creations; 06-24-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-23-2008 | 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Nobody?
Old 06-23-2008 | 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

Old 06-23-2008 | 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Due to the deletion of previous comments, this section should now read...

Hey! Pass that popcorn!

OK smartass. For the past 20 ******* years I have been on and around bikes. A whole 2 months eh?

Wheres the pic of your bike?

The test favors bikes that have a small wheelbase... And I am all for stacking the deck in my favor.

Too add a little knowledge to your feeble mind, the fact that I dont hold an M class, has nothing to do with how I ride. I know I CAN do it on my bike, with three tries, but I would rather go in there and knock it out, and be on my merry ******* way.

By the way, Way to go Champ for making yourself the ******* of the day. If only you'ed talk this big when we were face to face.

Last edited by twizted_creations; 06-24-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-23-2008 | 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
By the way, Way to go Champ for making yourself the ******* of the day.
Old 06-23-2008 | 10:19 PM
On The Tree

I agree about the test. I may be able to pass it on my R1 but I'm not sure I could make that 180degree turn since it does not turn that well. The 250cc dirtbike worked much better.

As for the topic at hand, I do not have a scooter or anything, I know of some places that rent them for the test, they bring them there and everything, but its like $100. Sorry.

Here is my bike, which is a 2007 but I have been riding and had my license for more than 5 years.
Attached Thumbnails NW burbs Chicago peeps, need help!-p1010078-2.jpg  
Old 06-24-2008 | 01:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey NATE IF you can't help then why not just stay off of twisted's ****** thread?

Your acting like you missed your last 2 payments and your **** already has been repoed!
****** keyboard commanders !!!!

Twisted goodluck in finding a bike and passing that test!
Old 06-24-2008 | 06:45 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Wow, so first, Twizted buys an HD, and some idiot wrecks his thread ( https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwestern-members/937705-picking-up-new-toy-today.html ). Now, he tries to get some help from the board, and someone wrecks his thread again.

Hmmm..... Perhaps Hell'sChariot = nickate ?

Twizted, I think you're developing a fan club.
Old 06-24-2008 | 12:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RPM WS6

Twizted, I think you're developing a fan club.
a fan club of one pathetic stalker! haha
Old 06-24-2008 | 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Wow man, RPM did you slap his Pee Pee, cause he went back and changed everything he said.

I think its pathatic when someone's gotta come off a be a dick, when most of you know, I am all about helping someone out when I can.

Either way, IF I had a stalker, I was hoping it was a she and she was at least cute... WTF!

Here is the latest scoop. A buddy at work offered up his wifes Suzuki 450, and I can take it this saturday down in Joliet free of charge. If that falls through there is always next wednesday. Whatever right? So I am stuck with short jaunts around the ole neighborhood, and harassing Boosty and his bro when I go by!!!!

I was really hoping on that pink Vespa though, damnit bird, I had my hopes up.....
Old 06-24-2008 | 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BGImportkiller
I agree about the test. I may be able to pass it on my R1 but I'm not sure I could make that 180degree turn since it does not turn that well. The 250cc dirtbike worked much better.

As for the topic at hand, I do not have a scooter or anything, I know of some places that rent them for the test, they bring them there and everything, but its like $100. Sorry.

Here is my bike, which is a 2007 but I have been riding and had my license for more than 5 years.
Yeah I just figured, if one of yall had a bike, and some time you wouldnt mind helping an LS1 brother out, and getting an almost free tank of gas for the car too boot! Thanks though.
Old 06-24-2008 | 10:58 PM
TECH Resident

Where did u go through to get ur M license? i go to class in october, good luck to ya in finding a bike/getting your license.
Old 06-25-2008 | 07:35 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah the state classes are pretty booked. I went through Ride Chicago, which is private and a little pricey, but I figured that I would more than make up for it in the insurance savings in the long run.

Since I already knew how to ride a bike, it was a little lame at first, but they really do teach you things that could possibly one day save your life if you have never ridden before, or have developed a few bad habits.

Last edited by twizted_creations; 06-25-2008 at 07:55 AM.
Old 06-25-2008 | 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

TC, I think it is a Honda bike dealer in Des Plaines that rents bikes for the tests, I talked to them about it before. Something to keep in mind...

I totally came in too late and missed the comments at the biginning before they got deleted. Damn, sounded like fun.

Anyway I don't think my XL would do you any good on the test. I took mine on a 250cc dirt bike, and that was just plain simple, in second gear.

BTW, the XL is for sale!!!!! Click the link in sig. Someone buy it come on!!!!
Old 06-25-2008 | 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Just some BS... If you cant pass it on your bike, you shouldnt have your M class, blah blah blah.. ******* haters.

Some people just dont understand, and feel they gotta knock everyone else to make themselves feel more special.

Good luck with your sale man, see ya around soon!d

As for your XL, it would probably be easier than the Dyna... But with you selling it, I wouldnt ask you to borrow it out like that.
Old 07-01-2008 | 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

UPDATE!

So finially went to the DMV, on a borrowed Rebel and passed. Got my M endorsement, and now I am completely legal in and on all my rides again.

Thanks to all those who lent a hand... See you on the road.