Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Lattof Chevrolet closing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 01:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lattof Chevrolet closing?

So Lattof Chevrolet is closing business Oct. 11th. i'm being told?

This is also crateenginedepot.com

Nothing mentioned on their website
Old 09-20-2008, 06:21 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard the same thing from a very good source. I guess with all the speed shops and engine builders out there today, it has finally taken the toll on them. I was told there has been 3 or 4 , can't remember, generations of ownership there. Very sad to hear this news but it is true. Vince
Old 09-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who told you? Franco?
Old 09-20-2008, 09:49 AM
11 Second Club

I just heard this as well, but the wife is on a job hunt and said that they are looking for ALL positions.

Also heard that GM bought Lattof, hoskins and one other in the area. I am wondering if they are trying to control the whole process of thier cars from build date to being sold... Curious.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

My dad just took his Tahoe in to get fixed after he was hit, and the body shop manager, Sharon, told him that they are indeed closing. GM is buying them out because they only want multi-line dealers now. I personally think they are going to try to fade out the brand names and just make everything GM. I think October 11th is about right for when they close their doors.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

That blows... Lattof was always thee place to get your GMPP parts at a good price. Hell the last time I called for some head bolts, the guys offered me a LS6 long block for a little over 3 grand.

My dad and grandfather used to use them exclusively for all thier performance parts needs when thier shop was opened...

It will be missed.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Its a bad time right now for new car dealerships especially domestic's. GM should have thought out the dealership process on how many and how close each store is to each other instead of giving stores to everyone 30-40 years ago. Its just a shame two dealers with a long history have to close there doors due to whatever the case maybe. There are also a couple of ford/ lincoln dealers that are getting ready to close. If the factory isnt buying out/ closing dealers its the dealers that are shutting them selfs down due to the lack of funds. Not a good time for a gm dealer or any new car dealer right now. I work at a high line import dealer in the parts dept and the shop is dead but my body/ mechanical wholesale is rocking, new car sales are ok but nothing huge.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=234156
Old 09-20-2008, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
That blows... Lattof was always thee place to get your GMPP parts at a good price. Hell the last time I called for some head bolts, the guys offered me a LS6 long block for a little over 3 grand.

My dad and grandfather used to use them exclusively for all thier performance parts needs when thier shop was opened...

It will be missed.
I have bought quite a few parts from them in the past and they are very reasonable and always a pleasure to deal with. This is too bad.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Launching!

That sucks I bought my old 502 from them
Old 09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I saw Mike Morgan at the Goodguys event yesterday. He is hopeful that another dealer will see the benifit of being a GM Performance Parts dealer. I enjoyed working with Mike and Tom. They were an one of the sponsors on our LSX Nova.

Robin
Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,757 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by BGImportkiller
GM is buying them out because they only want multi-line dealers now.
Then they'll have to buy out almost every single Chevy dealer in the area. I can't think of a single Chevy store that sells any other GM brands at the same location.

Besides Hoskins and Lattof, we have Jennings in Glenview (also sells VW, but nothing else from GM), Bredeman in Park Ridge (also sells Toyota, but no other GMs), Woodfield Chevy in Schaumburg, Grossinger Chevy in Palatine, Shepard Chevy in Lake Bluff, Ray Chevy in Fox Lake, Z-Frank in Chicago, Rockenbach in Grayslake, Bill Stasek in Wheeling (formerly Tom Todd) etc. I can't think of a single one that's a multi-line dealer.

Chevy is big volume, they can stand alone. Pontiac/Buick/GMC/Cadillac/Hummer; they all need more than one brand to really make a go of things, for the most part.

Quick Reply: Lattof Chevrolet closing?